What's new

$260 billion gold mines going for a song, behind closed doors

Forgot the F35s, F 22s !!

Why dont put martial law ??
COAS should tak control and remove the president ?
The possibility of this happening is next to nil. COAS taking power in your country especially if he's an independent man like Kayani unlike US's friend Musharaf will be a big no-no by US. I know you're not the ones to care about US, but the top elites in your military and government do care about it because of the things that US has given to them and has thus got influence on them. These things might be top secret; but there's bound to be something that forces them to everytime toe in line to US.

At such a critical time when $ 260 billion are being robbed out of your country, you should be focusing all your public attention on internal issues more than on us. If you can save it, your external debt of $ 55 billion in last 10 years to IMF gets paid off with interest easily, making Pakistan an independent player.

Forgot the F35s, F 22s !!

Why dont put martial law ??
COAS should tak control and remove the president ?

Only if he re establishes the Caliphate... otherwise... no thank you

As for the original topic... What I dont understand is how the Chinese would be looking at this whole situation... They must be thinking how stupid our government is to let us take away all this wealth... A better strategy and something that would ve been easy for Pakistanis considering our friendship with China... would have been to bring China on board and discuss getting their technology to extract the gold... For their service Pakistan could award them a good profit too... but to sell off the assets of the country like this... My God!!!

The possibility of this happening is next to nil. COAS taking power in your country especially if he's an independent man like Kayani unlike US's friend Musharaf will be a big no-no by US. I know you're not the ones to care about US, but the top elites in your military and government do care about it because of the things that US has given to them and has thus got influence on them. These things might be top secret; but there's bound to be something that forces them to everytime toe in line to US.

At such a critical time when $ 260 billion are being robbed out of your country, you should be focusing all your public attention on internal issues more than on us. If you can save it, your external debt of $ 55 billion in last 10 years to IMF gets paid off with interest easily, making Pakistan an independent player.

I like a lot of your comments... Keep it up

Guys dont get carried away. Did anybody check the terms and conditions in other countries with the mining companies before coming to conclusion. I think its not unfair to get 25% royalty from a mining project. You could bump it to 30% or even 35% but you cant expect anything more. If you dont like it then you dont have any other options but dig it by yourself and good luck..

Such projects takes time to start It would take years if not I would guess 3/4 more years to get into initial Phase.

I was watching a program on Dunya TV expert was invited he said actually its more then $260 billion dollars, he said as much as $500 billion dollars or more, that include not only Gold but Copper and more..

Sadly 75% would go into the companies and west's pocket 25% to Govt of Pakistan, A very very poor deal indeed. Our National treasure is going into others pocket so i guess zardari and sardars could be bagging as much billion dollars as they can.

So zardari is now Mr. 2000%

Last edited:
:frown: They are selling our country! STOP IT NOW, the few things we have are being sold to make a quick buck :angry:

One thing is unclear here, can anybody tell me were these riches discovered recently or long before??

I can understand that Pakistan could not have extracted these by its own which could be due to lack of infrastructure but this kind of information cannot be kept secret right.

There would be a lot of hue and cry over this kind of news??

they were discovered couple of years back. Its initial worth was estimated to be about 65 billion dollars.... but later on, the ever growing prices of Gold, copper and silver has already doubled/tripled its worth and some sources claim that the total reserves are more than its actual estimate so they keep publishing figures of their own :lol:

What the heck.. previously there was a thread running about the 'estimated' coal reserves... it projected some god knows how many trillion tonnes and now you are saying similar things about gold.... inko aur koi kaam dhanda nahin hai kya?

What the heck.. previously there was a thread running about the 'estimated' coal reserves... it projected some god knows how many trillion tonnes and now you are saying similar things about gold.... inko aur koi kaam dhanda nahin hai kya?
well the proven reserves of coal were 3 billion tonnes in thar and the estimated reserves are 175 billion tonnes out of 185 billion tonnes in total of Pakistan.

Here its Gold and copper reserves and not Pakistan but the both companies involved in this project were actively working in this project for many years.... this estimate of gold reserve is from that Chile and Canadian company so this news cannot be fake. Oh yes.... they may not be 250 billion dollars and probably close to 150 - 200 billion dollars but this is the minimum amount we can expect from these reserves.

For your general knowledge, if Pakistan starts producing gold as per the project is scheduled...... we will be world's 23 or 24th largest gold producer far ahead than any other south Asian country except China..... and these reserves are proven so no way to doubt it

I think give all tenders to Indian company , Since Indian culture and language is same , Indians will give maximum profit to pakistan and blooch people. Atleast try one time.

dezi believe me Baluchistan has triple of what U.A.E/Qatar together has!

Normally these companies would ever come forward when they hear terrorists. So why do you think they are coming to dig gold/copper??

My Uncle has some friends in Baluchistan they said its BS that Govts has been spouting about quality of Coal, they said did confirm that half of the coal quality is not that high be almost half is top quality.

No doubt that Pakistan economic troubles is deliberate by All Govts of Pakistan whether ppp/pml-n-q..

@Zaki... good info... So does that mean I should stop buying gold bullion because Pakistan is going to flood the market with gold :P

@Zaki... good info... So does that mean I should stop buying gold bullion because Pakistan is going to flood the market with gold :P

no, the gold production will start by 2015/16 if nothing goes wrong

so don't worry....... by then you will see Gold price above 2000 dollars :lol:

Lol somebozo local companies like zardari and sharif companies?

I am going to write a letter to CJP, and I urge others to do the same.

but before I do, can someone please tell me if this source is reliable.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom