What's new

25 Viper fighter jets to Morocco for $ 3.7 billion and the upgrade of 23 Block 52 to V

Please name us even a single Russian BVR missile ready for export that is even remotely comparable to AIM-120D with the range of 160+kms
Ex..KH35...is a lot better...

Any major difference between these and the F21s pitched to India by Lockheed Martin?
"In fact, the F-21 is an F-16 that Lockheed has upgraded with new cockpit displays, conformal fuel tanks, a larger airframe spine that can accommodate additional electronics, fittings for towed radar decoys, a new infrared sensor and a refueling probe that's compatible with India's Russian-made aerial tankers."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-new-f-21-fighter-f-16-steroids-f-22-and-f-35-dna-45162

"In fact, the F-21 is an F-16 that Lockheed has upgraded with new cockpit displays, conformal fuel tanks, a larger airframe spine that can accommodate additional electronics, fittings for towed radar decoys, a new infrared sensor and a refueling probe that's compatible with India's Russian-made aerial tankers."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-new-f-21-fighter-f-16-steroids-f-22-and-f-35-dna-45162

IF we're offered F16s, shouldn't we ask for this version then? Why take older ones! PAF should decide that if we aren't offered these F21s we should turn down any other offer and go for a Chinese plane like J16.

I realize there will be an infrastructure & cost issue but atleast we wont be taking old (albeit pretty good) versions of US jets. Decide once and for all and shift to Chinese or Russian planes until Project Azm bears fruit. We'll have issues initially but atleast we wont have to deal with condescending US behaviour and over reliance on them.

What do you guys reckon are our chances of getting F21?

IF we're offered F16s, shouldn't we ask for this version then? Why take older ones! PAF should decide that if we aren't offered these F21s we should turn down any other offer and go for a Chinese plane like J16.

I realize there will be an infrastructure & cost issue but atleast we wont be taking old (albeit pretty good) versions of US jets. Decide once and for all and shift to Chinese or Russian planes until Project Azm bears fruit. We'll have issues initially but atleast we wont have to deal with condescending US behaviour and over reliance on them.

Slim to none.

Ex..KH35...is a lot better...

you plan on using an anti-ship missile for a BVR role?

giphy.gif

Why F-21 which is tailor made to attract India.. F-16 Block 72 or V as they call it. should be better for Pakistan..

Last edited:
Why F-21 that is tailor made to attract India.. F-16 Block 72 or V as they call it. should be better for Pakistan..
What i meant was that it should have all the latest tech that is available in this version or in other words we should, if offered, ask fir the latest version.

Just wondering, if offered, how many would Pakistan go for? Can we afford the latest ones? What minimum number is going to be enough for US and Lockheed to ignore everything else and start business with us?

If this turns out to be a dead end what will PAF procure?

at full loadout those 48 F-16 Block 72s will be flying with 8 AIM-120D missiles, your Su-30s won't be starving, they wil be dead

View attachment 549979
8 AIM-120D missiles each.. That is 384 AIM-120C7/D.. enough to scare the best airforce around..But that is not how it really works, although the numbers are still valid.. maybe only 12 will be armed that way while others are armed for other different missions.. Still, that makes it 96 BVR missiles in the air.. and they can also go back and reload!

What i meant was that it should have all the latest tech that is available in this version or in other words we should, if offered, ask fir the latest version.

Just wondering, if offered, how many would Pakistan go for? Can we afford the latest ones? What minimum number is going to be enough for US and Lockheed to ignore everything else and start business with us?

If this turns out to be a dead end what will PAF procure?
- The Block 72 is the latest and best so far.. that F-21 is an attempted variation to suite India (mostly to make it feel important under the banner of Made in India)..
- If offered Pakistan should go for at least 24 to start with.. (this mainly depend on the state of the economy though..)
- The J-10C

Last edited:
you plan on using an anti-ship missile for a BVR role?

giphy.gif
As long as it works...we are not that choosy...

:rofl::rofl:
you are in the wrong forum mister clown :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha: comparing air-to-air missile with anti-ship missile:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
You are in wrong world too..!I didn’t Azerbaijani will know the difference..Apparently he does...
But regarding the Moroccan F16 , if you ever get them..since it is just proposal...won’t have all the rubans and bows..They will be basic, just like you found out in Yemen , when a Houthi with a sling shot shot down one of your F16...That that F16 had just a motor, no air conditioner or wind shield wipers.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd be surprised if the PAF doesn't at least ask for the F-16V upgrade for its 18 Block-52+. But I think upgrading the remaining F-16s might be tough, the Block-15/OCU/ADF airframes are nearing the OEM-stated airframe life.

Seems the approximate cost of upgrading No. 5's F-16s would be $900 m, and then adding another 18 Block-72 would run $2.8 b. That's $3.7 b to get 36 AESA radar-equipped medium-weight fighters (upgrade 18, add 18).

But for that price, you could get, at best, 15 Typhoon T3s (note: I'm considering the JF-17 an independent variable, more of those will come no matter what, IMO). On the other hand, the PAF won't send a dollar to the US, not until the risk of doing so is alleviated somehow (e.g., a third-party loan).

Remember the 8 F-16 fiasco? Pakistan will never get big ticket items from USA. I dont think there are conditions and relations are not conducive to even day dream such toys.

AIM-120D is 200 KM+ as well, and its onboard capabilities are really impressive.

Russian stuff is very good on paper on average but.... nevermind.
Russians had this capability long time ago..They usually have efficient weapons that do the job.. as long as it is the same generation as the western systems..

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom