What's new

25 out of 30 Taliban groups agree on talks: Hameed Gul

Side-Winder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Former head of the ISI Lt Gen (retd) Hameed Gul has said that 25 out of 30 groups of the Taliban have agreed to sit on the negotiation table following the unanimous resolution of the All Pakistan Conference (APC).

He said only five groups of the Taliban, “which were getting aid from India, Israel and the US,” were opposing the negotiations offer. He expressed these views during a special interview on Monday night.

Hameed Gul said that the government should stick to the decision which was taken unanimously by all the parties at the occasion of the APC led by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. He said that the Pakistani nation would become safe and sound from the conspiracies of enemies by keeping on the path of peace despite the martyrdom of Major General Sanaullah and his companions in a landmine blast and the Peshawar church carnage.

He said that Quaid-e-Azam had withdrawn the Pakistan Army from posts on the Durand Line adjacent to Afghanistan in 48 hours through the Curzon operation in March 1948 and today it should not be pulled out from Fata on the conditions of the Taliban.

Hameed Gul held Qazi Fazlullah of Swat, who was given asylum by Afghanistan and was getting support of India, responsible for the carnage at the Peshawar church and killing of Major General Sanaullah and his companions. He said that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had to pull the nation out of the war on terror through far-sightedness instead of emotions by displaying high courage.

He supported the statement of Ayman al Zawahiri that there should be an Islamic code of life in Pakistan and termed it in accordance with the Constitution of Pakistan and Resolution of Pakistan. He slammed the propaganda reports of New York Times and Washington Post that Taliban could get nuclear weapons.

He said the US had weakened the Muslim countries by pitting their armies with their public and after that used its force there.General (R) Hameed Gul said that the US was using all tactics to weaken the nuclear equipped forces of Pakistan. He said that Pakistan had sacrificed over 40,000 civilians and military personnel in war on terror and establishing everlasting peace was better than occurring of terrorism incidents whether further price had to be paid in this regard. He said that there was no matter in pulling out army from Fata when peace was restored there.

25 out of 30 Taliban groups agree on talks: Hameed Gul - thenews.com.pk

I agree with him on certain matters of strategic significance but on this notion of peace talks with TTP or like minded groups or individuals - I disagree. We've sacrificed a lot of soldiers and lost many civilians because of these groups

He is correct about "mullah" FM being an agent of the enemy; one who receives much largesse from our enemies situated in Kabul either directs or via proxy.

What the army chief opines on the matter is relevant more so than that of a former officer of the intelligence community who has been retired from the service longer than since many of you kids on this forum were still shytting in your diapers

Now this is interesting, there are some people who are going rampant against IK and PTI for peace talks. I think we should exploit this opportunity, bring all those groups into mainstream via peace talks, then narrow down to our real enemy and then go for all out offensive against them..

Please share your views: @Leader @jaibi @W.11 @Patriots @batmannow @BATMAN @Zarvan @pkuser2k12

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is interesting, there are some people who are going rampant against IK and PTI for peace talks. I think we should exploit this opportunity, bring all those groups into mainstream via peace talks, then narrow down to our real enemy and then go for all out offensive against them..

they have been trying operation but they are not successful and in piece talks army has to take the lead with whom they want to talk or not and then send tribal elders , religious party heads and main political party heads to talk with them

if army is not interested no one is forcing them to talk to ttp not in musharaf era,not in ppp era and not now

army should tell the federal government who controls fata and tribal agencies where main terrorists are and get go ahead from nawaz sharif

Same old 'MITHI GOLI' but in a new wrapper. let couple of months pass by and this whole deck of peace talk would come crumbling down. Anyway Godspeed to all who really wants peace and those who don't may they get hunted like dogs.

aint Hamid Gul is seen as "retard"(no offence) by Pakistanis??or is it only when he utters words against Pakistan???aint we've seen enough tango by his part???he had given several bouncers in recent times..

by the way,Five Groups are getting support from India,Israel and USA??thats something.. :azn: where the F**k is Afghanistan??? :laughcry:

by the way,is those preconditions were set by only these five groups???

@Jazzbot I agree with @Abu Zolfikar on this one. The will of the people is not with the PTI on this one and I am included in that. Not when we bleed so much.

@Jazzbot I agree with @Abu Zolfikar on this one. The will of the people is not with the PTI on this one and I am included in that. Not when we bleed so much.

so why all parties agreed on peace talks

and why people elected pti and pmln ? were both of them against peace talks 3 months ago or people were unaware that 40,000 people were martyred in past 10 years when voting for pmln and pti

im more inclined towards the view of @Jazzbot. however, it still remains to be seen what sort of a platform will these '25' groups of taliban comeup with which the government could talk.

so why all parties agreed on peace talks

and why people elected pti and pmln ? were both of them against peace talks 3 months ago or people were unaware that 40,000 people were martyred in past 10 years when voting for pmln and pti

I voted for PTI as well that does not mean my opinion cannot change for 5 years. If it does, I have a right to voice it and let the party that I voted for and my government know of my opinion and what I, as a citizen of Pakistan want to see in terms of political action.

It is high time we learn what 'mandate' means.

I voted for PTI as well that does not mean my opinion cannot change for 5 years. If it does, I have a right to voice it and let the party that I voted for and my government know of my opinion and what I, as a citizen of Pakistan want to see in terms of political action.

It is high time we learn what 'mandate' means.

you knew that than that ttp will not stop according to your opinion and pti was absolutely firm on dialog issue and there was no indication that imran will take u turn as he dont takes u turns

and terrorism than was on large scale before election 2013 than after elections in hazara and in whole country and other parties ppp,anp and mqm are themselves instigators of terror and were absolutely unable to do anything on terrorism

swat and waziristan was totally done by army with lip service by 3 parties and our pm and president never visited any war front in 5 years nor did any speech in any army academy to boost morale of army personnel and officers

I've been saying this again and again in different thread and I'm going to say it again. PEACE is what we want, be it via military op or via peace talks. We've extensively exercised military operation in past 9 years, but haven't given a fair chance to peace talks. So what's wrong with trying to push for peace talks? If we are able to agree even 2 - 3 militant groups to come to terms via peace talks, it will still hold as a success. Diplomacy someone can crack things which army can't achieve so lets just wait and hope for the best.

Like IK said, even if peace talks will fail, then Army will have full support to launch an all out offensive. IK clearly said if talibans won't come to terms in peace talks, he's ready to accept his mistake and he is willing to accept if he is proved wrong.

yup, pakistan should give a chance to them and nigotiat with these 25 groups and after the nigotiation, pakistan should start a grand operation against the remaining groups supported by CIA, RAW and MOSAD before the NTAO withdrawl from afghanistan

Back
Top Bottom