What's new

25 out of 30 Taliban groups agree on talks: Hameed Gul

I've been saying this again and again in different thread and I'm going to say it again. PEACE is what we want, be it via military op or via peace talks. We've extensively exercised military operation in past 9 years, but haven't given a fair chance to peace talks. So what's wrong with trying to push for peace talks? If we are able to agree even 2 - 3 militant groups to come to terms via peace talks, it will still hold as a success. Diplomacy someone can crack things which army can't achieve so lets just wait and hope for the best.

Like IK said, even if peace talks will fail, then Army will have full support to launch an all out offensive. IK clearly said if talibans won't come to terms in peace talks, he's ready to accept his mistake and he is willing to accept if he is proved wrong.

The only problem I see, Jazz, is that the PTI will lose their public support. I can tell you that the peace will fail because these miltant groups are not a single entity. Eventually the peace will fallout and the blame will be on us PTI supporters.

you knew that than that ttp will not stop according to your opinion and pti was absolutely firm on dialog issue and there was no indication that imran will take u turn as he dont takes u turns

and terrorism than was on large scale before election 2013 than after elections in hazara and in whole country and other parties ppp,anp and mqm are themselves instigators of terror and were absolutely unable to do anything on terrorism

swat and waziristan was totally done by army with lip service by 3 parties and our pm and president never visited any war front in 5 years nor did any speech in any army academy to boost morale of army personnel and officers

The focus then should be on the civilian government to raise the arms of the civil support to reject the Talibs shouldn't it? The armed forces cannot do this on their own they need the civil apparatus to hold on to the areas that are cleared.

@jaibi, any idea what are the peace talks about? and what are the conditions that GOP is planning to go for the talks with?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I see, Jazz, is that the PTI will lose their public support. I can tell you that the peace will fail because these miltant groups are not a single entity. Eventually the peace will fallout and the blame will be on us PTI supporters.

Its quite possible that the peace talks will fail. But PTI loosing public support because of this, I don't think so. Mainly because going for peace talks was decided in APC where all parties agreed on this. So no one can't pinch entire blame on PTI alone, each and every political party was on board on this issue. Everyone is interested in peace and anyone who'll do sincere efforts for peace will be appreciated. Don't tell me you are worried about the propaganda against PTI on this issue which PML-N and other parties will do? :)

@jaibi, any idea what are the peace talks about? and what are the conditions that GOP is planning to go for the talks with?

I am not entirely sure as the government has been clandestine about giving any concrete plans or directions of the negotiations. The TTP has been very clear though. From what I can say the government just wants peace and would try to broker a deal that is as good as possible for them just like they did in the Swat agreement, whose terms still have not been released to the media and academia.

Its quite possible that the peace talks will fail. But PTI loosing public support because of this, I don't think so. Mainly because going for peace talks was decided in APC where all parties agreed on this. So no one can't pinch entire blame on PTI alone, each and every political party was on board on this issue. Everyone is interested in peace and anyone who'll do sincere efforts for peace will be appreciated. Don't tell me you are worried about the propaganda against PTI on this issue which PML-N and other parties will do? :)

Merey Jazzey, don't you know the poitics of Pakistan? If the talks fail and they will even if there is an agreement reached ( I say this because I have been studying the Terrorist organistaions in Pakistan in terms of sociology) the PML-N will shift the blame on PTI and so will the ANP and PPP along with MQM. Already it is happening: the Christian community sees Imran Khan, rightfully or wrongfully, as the the force behind peace. I had a call from my friend who's Christian and voted for PPP just because PTI would not give up on the peace with the TTP and asked me if I was happy with the PTI now. I'm not saying that this is correct or anything but that is how perceptions of the people work. Already PTI are cornered tigers and we should not give the parties more reasons to shoot at PTI's credibility.

I don't heed to his poppycocks. I am yet to encounter a causal condemnation of recent attacks from such groups, let alone willingness to talk.

yup, pakistan should give a chance to them and nigotiat with these 25 groups and after the nigotiation, pakistan should start a grand operation against the remaining groups supported by CIA, RAW and MOSAD before the NTAO withdrawl from afghanistan

I am literally out of replies....I dont know what to reply to such stupid posts....

Actually there are some points this govt can talk about...

1. Please dont upload videos of killing Hazara children.... Its disturbing. Just watch it yourself on the weekend night.
2. After shooting little kids like Malala Please dont take responsibility ...This make it difficult for us to blame it on RAW, CIA and Mossad.
3. Please please dont kill our generals. Its may affect peace talks.
4. Condemn drone strike. Total violation of our sovereignty.

folks supporting taliban here let me ask you one simple question

if a certain faction of taliban killed these 100 pakistani christians

then will you ask these talibans to hand over those terrorists who did this?

will the talibans agree with this?

folks supporting taliban here let me ask you one simple question

if a certain faction of taliban killed these 100 pakistani christians

then will you ask these talibans to hand over those terrorists who did this?

will the talibans agree with this?

Who supported talibans in this thread? Please quote the post here for us so everyone can see taliban supporter or else a blunt liar..

Who supported talibans in this thread? Please quote the post here for us so everyone can see taliban supporter or else a blunt liar..

Let assume no one....

Would you like to answer the question asked by W11

Pakistan Army should stop killing women and children in the Tribal Areas in the name of America, get out of their lands and stop forcing Western ways of life on them in return for more dollars. I think the tribal people are already greatful to the enlightened Pakistani military for the spectacular $100 billion of destruction they've done to the country in return for $20 billion from the United States.

Now, IF Pakistan Army has an iota of sense, they should be able to desist from terrorising the tribal people and will be alb to get out as soon as possible. Please, for the sake of humanity, Pakistan Army get lost. Do not worry, you'll still receive yet another plunderous budget next fiscal year - just stop the cruelty in the Tribal Areas please.

Same old 'MITHI GOLI' but in a new wrapper. let couple of months pass by and this whole deck of peace talk would come crumbling down. Anyway Godspeed to all who really wants peace and those who don't may they get hunted like dogs.

There will be no problem, as long as Indian Army don't support those terrorists to destroy these peace talks weather in the shape of Attacks on Church in Peshawar or others.....as also admitted by Indian General they run covert cells in Pakistan.

Let assume no one....

Would you like to answer the question asked by W11

If a peace agreement is finalized between govt and TTP, then they should or else they will have to pay the price. There is no doubt about that..

if 25 groups were ready to talk then they would have come with nagation of not the acceptability of the responsibility of bombings.

aint Hamid Gul is seen as "retard"(no offence) by Pakistanis??or is it only when he utters words against Pakistan???aint we've seen enough tango by his part???he had given several bouncers in recent times..

by the way,Five Groups are getting support from India,Israel and USA??thats something.. :azn: where the F**k is Afghanistan??? :laughcry:

by the way,is those preconditions were set by only these five groups???

Hes a patriot who served his nation in uniform and is a war vet. That's all that matters

What outsiders think (especially indian) is completely irrelevant

Back
Top Bottom