What's new

23 Muslims killed in sectarian attacks in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the doctored title of this thread?

Great, One sect (read ahmadis) want to identify themselves as belonging to a particular religion, but some people will not accept that. On the other hand one tribe (Bodo people) who maintains a unique religion of their own are being lumped into a religion by the same people just because it suits their narrative.
Stop being so pathetic Nuri. Stop trying to prove that muslims are a victim and are being prosecuted. Many times true events happen when muslims are prosecuted for their religion but all those events will not be taken seriously and addressed responsibly because pathetic people like you try to put every news into the same umbrella.

Bodo is another form of hindusism, just because they killed muslims doesnt make them non-hindus. Even brahmins in Gujrat killed muslims, i would say bodo are better and pure hindus.

What's up with the doctored title of this thread?

Eleven Muslims killed in sectarian attacks in India's Assam| Reuters

Doctored?

Yes they do, they are pure hindus. They may take offence in being labeled along side rape childrens of vedic aryans. But no doubt these people are original and pure hindus.
Please stop this troll who is not only abusing a religion but also spreading false information.

Sad loss of lives, but this is a result of letting Bangladeshis in unchecked for 30+ years for vote bank politics. Sadly I expect more such incidents in the future.

they kill 12 more today

Post-poll violence in western Assam districts administered by the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) claimed 23 lives since Thursday night. All the victims were migrant Muslims, allegedly targeted for voting for a non-Bodo independent candidate for the Kokrajhar seat reserved for scheduled tribes.

The violence is being attributed to MLA Pramila Rani Brahma's April 30 view that Muslims did not vote for the candidate put up by Bodoland People's Front – it rules BTC and is an ally of the Congress – implying this could see a non-Bodo bag the seat for the first time. In June-July 2012, violence between ethnic Bodos and migrant Muslims claimed 108 lives.

Khagen Sarma, director general of the Assam Police, said militants of the anti-talks faction of the National Democratic Front of Boroland (Ndfb) were behind the killings.

The attacks were reported in Kokrajhar and Baksa, which collectively form the Bodoland Territorial Areas District (BTAD) along with Chirang and Udalguri.

"Militants of Sangbijit faction of the Ndfb were behind the violence last (Thursday) night," Sarma said, adding 20 companies of paramilitary forces will arrive in the state over the next two days to maintain law and order.

Bodo people charge Muslims with illegally entering from Bangladesh and encroaching on their ancestral lands.

"Firm action will be taken against those involved in the incidents. Additional forces will be sent to Kokrajhar and Baska," said chief minister Tarun Gogoi.

Union home minister Sushilkumar Sindhe on Friday discussed the situation with Gogoi over phone.

The All Bodoland Minority Students Union (ABMSU) condemned the attacks, saying it would carry out democratic protests in BTAD if the administration failed to book the culprits within 24 hours.

"The attack is a handiwork of BPF cadres. They realise the BPF will face defeat in the elections in Kokrajhar," alleged Ibrahim Ali, ABMSU leader in Baska district.

The Bodoland People's Front (BPF), which eyes political empowerment of the indigenous tribe, has fielded candidates in two seats including Kokrajhar in the 2014 elections. Assam has 14 Lok Sabha seats.

Denying the charges, BPF leader and Rajya Sabha member Biswajit Doimari said, "We do not believe in violence… It was the failure of the security forces that they couldn't protect the victims."

In the first major attack on Thursday, six people, including two women and two children, from four families were killed when armed men opened fire on them in Balapara village under Gossaigaon sub-division in Kokrajhar district.

A man who sustained injuries in the attack died at a local hospital on Friday morning. A body of a youth was also recovered around 6:30am.

In Baska, three people, including a couple and a child, were killed in an attack on Narasingbari village.

Amid a big confusion between the Baska district administration and the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital — where some of the injured have been admitted, reports came in that another child died at the health facility on Friday.

The Baska administration even announced compensation for the child identified as Tasleema Khatun. The authorities concerned later clarified that she was still battling for her life at the hospital.

Source: Hindustan Times

Sad loss of lives, but this is a result of letting Bangladeshis in unchecked for 30+ years for vote bank politics. Sadly I expect more such incidents in the future.
yea right :sarcastic: you are nothing but destabilizing your own country with this action.

yea right you are nothing but destabilizing your own country with this action.

I have seen how demographics of Assam has been changed with my own eyes. There are places in central Assam, let alone the border areas where local Assamese people are in the minority today. That was not the case even in the 1990s. I remember we used to go to one of the relatives' place in central Assam as kids. If I go back to that place now, it's hard to recognize that it's the same place.

I am not supporting these militants or such killings of poor people. I am just blaming the politicians who failed to stop such illegal immigration or even supported it to increase their votes. That is the root cause of this conflict.

The Bodos are mainly Christians...some follow their own religion called Bathou while others are Hindu. I don't know if those killed are illegal immigrants but the Bodo militants are cowardly, cold blooded bunch. They cannot fight Indian forces directly and resort to kidnappings, extortions and killing innocent people.
Please do not support these Bodo militants for not long ago they were killing Indian forces
Please don`t lump Bodos and bodo militants together , you don`t know much and it is disrespectful..

Please don`t lump Bodos and bodo militants together , you don`t know much and it is disrespectful..
When did I lump them together?? I have specifically mentioned "Bodo Militants". FYI I live in a Bodo dominated neighbourhood and many of my friends are Bodos. Even Bodo people do not like these militants.
Many of the poor Nepali speaking populace in the interior villages near the Bhutan border (villages like Tamulpur) have been served extortion notes, threatened and kidnapped.

I have seen how demographics of Assam has been changed with my own eyes. There are places in central Assam, let alone the border areas where local Assamese people are in the minority today. That was not the case even in the 1990s. I remember we used to go to one of the relatives' place in central Assam as kids. If I go back to that place now, it's hard to recognize that it's the same place.

I am not supporting these militants or such killings of poor people. I am just blaming the politicians who failed to stop such illegal immigration or even supported it to increase their votes. That is the root cause of this conflict.
The National Democratic Front of Bodoland, also known as NDFB or the Bodo Security Force, is an armed separatist outfit which seeks to obtain a sovereign Bodoland for the Bodo people in Assam, India. The founder of the organization, Ransaigra Nabla Daimary, alias Ranjan Daimary has been arrested and detained by Indian authorities. The majority of its members are Christians, while most Bodos are Bathouist. Bodo has historically been written in Devanagari, but NDFB promotes the use of the Latin script as a way to distance the Bodo from India.The movement grew bigger especially after the establishment of Telengana.

----------------------------------------
i highly doubt their motive, more like destabilize india than concerning illegal bangladeshis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom