ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
23 dead in Kashmir bus accident

By AFP
September 24, 2016 09:25

Related Articles

MUZAFFARABAD: At least 23 people were killed when a minibus plunged from a mountain road into a river in Azad and Jammu Kashmir late Friday, officials said.

The accident took place at Nausehri, some 45 kilometres (27 miles) north of Muzaffarabad, the capital of Azad Kashmir, when the minibus driver lost control.

The vehicle veered off a road, falling 100 metres (110 yards) into the gushing river, local government and rescue officials said.

“More than 23 people were killed and three others wounded in the bus accident,” local government official Ashfaq Gilani told AFP.

Read: Muzaffarabad: Five killed as jeep plunges into ravine

“We have only found three bodies and three wounded people. More than 20 other passengers and the wreckage of the bus have been swept away by the river,” he added.

“We have presumed them dead as there is no chance of their survival,” Gilani said.

Rescuers said the terrain was difficult and that they would resume the search for the remainder of the passengers at dawn on Saturday.

Pakistan has one of the world’s worst records for fatal traffic accidents, blamed on poor roads, badly maintained vehicles and reckless driving.

Please follow and like us:

By AFP
http://arynews.tv/en/23-dead-in-kashmir-bus-accident/
Third such incident in AJK in last two months :-(

May the departed souls rest in peace.
Indeed a very sad incident. May Allah grant strength to bear loss who lost their loved ones in incident

RIP.
what is the cause of this accident ?
driver incompetency/negligence or bad roads/safety issues ?

Rip to dead souls and condolences to there families

sad to see lives lost in such way. we have a lot to learn from the west.
Drivers work continously for two days occasionaly and smoke weed to combat stress plus AJK is a mountanious region with dangerous roads that are prone to landsliding

Drivers work continously for two days occasionaly and smoke weed to combat stress plus AJK is a mountanious region with dangerous roads that are prone to landsliding
yes, that's y I didn't blame the driver. I belong from assam. been to all other northeastern states.
situation is pretty similar. bad roads (very interiors), mud slides n rampant alcoholism.

yes, that's y I didn't blame the driver. I belong from assam. been to all other northeastern states.
situation is pretty similar. bad roads (very interiors), mud slides n rampant alcoholism.
Its not uncommon to see this while you arr travelling in AJK or any patt of North Pakistan
road-accident.jpg

In some rural areas there is at best 12 inch of distance between your car and edge of road and even on those places i see some van drivers going way above what i would call a safe speed

Back
Top Bottom