What's new

23 dead in Kashmir bus accident

yes, that's y I didn't blame the driver. I belong from assam. been to all other northeastern states.
situation is pretty similar. bad roads (very interiors), mud slides n rampant alcoholism.
Increase in tourism and population has put pressure on existing roads they need to expand them to avoid another tragedy

Its not uncommon to see this while you arr travelling in AJK or any patt of North Pakistan
road-accident.jpg

In some rural areas there is at best 12 inch of distance between your car and edge of road and even on those places i see some van drivers going way above what i would call a safe speed
hopefully their occurrences will reduce after betterment of local infra due to CPEC routes.

Increase in tourism and population has put pressure on existing roads they need to expand them to avoid another tragedy
NE india, thoh beautiful, attracts very less no of tourists - ignorance of main landers maybe. a decade ago, ppl in Gurgaon were asking me whether Assam has RCC buildings (they were not mocking me). I didn't know whether to get offended or laugh it off.
things are slow in our region.
one plus point due to this ---- natural beauty unspoiled by man.

Very sad, Allah bless the deceased.

The leading cause of these accidents are reckless driving, although in this case we don't know.

23 dead in Kashmir bus accident

By AFP
September 24, 2016 09:25

Related Articles

MUZAFFARABAD: At least 23 people were killed when a minibus plunged from a mountain road into a river in Azad and Jammu Kashmir late Friday, officials said.

The accident took place at Nausehri, some 45 kilometres (27 miles) north of Muzaffarabad, the capital of Azad Kashmir, when the minibus driver lost control.

The vehicle veered off a road, falling 100 metres (110 yards) into the gushing river, local government and rescue officials said.

“More than 23 people were killed and three others wounded in the bus accident,” local government official Ashfaq Gilani told AFP.

Read: Muzaffarabad: Five killed as jeep plunges into ravine

“We have only found three bodies and three wounded people. More than 20 other passengers and the wreckage of the bus have been swept away by the river,” he added.

“We have presumed them dead as there is no chance of their survival,” Gilani said.

Rescuers said the terrain was difficult and that they would resume the search for the remainder of the passengers at dawn on Saturday.

Pakistan has one of the world’s worst records for fatal traffic accidents, blamed on poor roads, badly maintained vehicles and reckless driving.

Please follow and like us:

By AFP
http://arynews.tv/en/23-dead-in-kashmir-bus-accident/
Third such incident in AJK in last two months :-(

The Nausehri stretch isn't bad. But sadly these incidents are bound to happen on mountain roads. We shouldn't be quick to place blame. Many times the accident is just an accident. RIP. May Allah grant the deceased jannah and their families sabr. May he protect us all.

Back
Top Bottom