What's new

22 top airforces (based on plane quality and quantity).

pray tell me why should the U.K. be placed above India when we operates close to 300 4th generation aircraft compared to 115 4th generation aircraft(Eurofighter Typhoon TR-1,2 and 3) operated by the R.A.F.(the Panavia Tornado variant in R.A.F. service is a strike aircraft like our Sepecat Jaguar,the interceptor variant was retired by R.A.F. in 2011)....
Simple answer is, UK make their own jets (in collaboration with Germany) while all the jets India build are under licence (apart from Tejas, correct me if I'm wrong). What will you do if Europe decides to remove these licences?

This is why in my opinion, there are only a handful of "proper" Armed forces. US, Russian, Chinese, British, French, German, Japanese etc.

If you don't build your own stuff, ultimately, when shit hits the fan, you're gonna get dealt with.

Simple answer is, UK make their own jets (in collaboration with Germany) while all the jets India build are under licence (apart from Tejas, correct me if I'm wrong). What will you do if Europe decides to remove these licences?

This is why in my opinion, there are only a handful of "proper" Armed forces. US, Russian, Chinese, British, French, German, Japanese etc.

If you don't build your own stuff, ultimately, when shit hits the fan, you're gonna get dealt with.
India has been building the Su-30MKI from scratch(except for the crystal blades of the AL-31FP for the last 5 years due to the complete ToT by Russia plus the GoI has already purchased well over a 1000 AL-31FP engines from Russia as a future contingency.so in a hypothethical war,the GoI has the ability to churn out at least 20-25 Su-30MKIs with or without Russian consent(well in that case we would simply pay them the intellectual fee on each aircraft).so,yes we can manufacture a decent 4th generation fighter all by ourselves at this moment apart from LCA.....

A number of the Euro zone air power would be interesting to see...

I updated using data from Flight International, World Air Forces 2014 report:

1) USA - 13182
2) Russia - 3285
3) China - 2956
4) India - 1505
5) Israel - 1325
6) Japan - 1206
7) South Korea - 1192
8) Saudi Arabia - 1129
9) Turkey - 1017
10) France - 981
11) Taiwan - 966
12) Egypt - 823
13) UK - 793
14) Greece - 764
15) Germany - 658
16) Pakistan - 651
17) Italy - 532
18) UAE - 484
19) Spain - 483
20) Australia - 454
21) Singapore - 452
22) North Korea - 402
23) Ukraine - 347
24) Canada - 323
25) Syria - 297
26) Algeria - 280
27) Sweden - 262
28) Thailand - 261
29) Iran - 265
30) Kazakhstan - 252
31) Poland - 251
32) Vietnam - 248
33) Netherlands - 227
34) Jordan - 208
35) Brazil - 198
36) Uzbekistan - 192
37) Finland - 189
38) Belgium - 165
40) Malaysia - 161
41) Norway - 160
42) Belarus - 150

XLS file for download: Download top 23 WAF 2014.xls from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

In addition I downgraded MiG-21/Mirage 3/5 from 0.3/0.4 to 0.25/0.35.

This estimate is still subjective does not include personnel quality and UAVs.
Half of India's aiforce is not airworthy, how does that that fit into the listing!
Most of their A2A missiles are dud due to corruption.

In addition I downgraded MiG-21/Mirage 3/5 from 0.3/0.4 to 0.25/0.35.
i didn't expect to see someone from israel here . i have question about israel army what is our opinion about womens in your army i personally don't like to use them in frontline womens behind a desk is good but not in frontline

Half of India's aiforce is not airworthy, how does that that fit into the listing!
Most of their A2A missiles are dud due to corruption.
I used data from the report as it is.

i didn't expect to see someone from israel here . i have question about israel army what is our opinion about womens in your army i personally don't like to use them in frontline womens behind a desk is good but not in frontline
Women in Israel are not sent to frontline (except couple pilots who volunteer).

well it's good to hear that frontline is no place for womens ! :unsure: when i was in a high school i remember we watch israel's military womens we for joke we tell to each other this is the army we should serve:yahoo::bunny::yahoo:btw im glad you are here

so 500 what do you think about muslem people in middle east

thanks for your hard work 500.

the low number for iran is realistic and thats a sad news.:( although the shah was a dicataor like the mullah regime at least saddam was not eager to attack iran as long as the imperial iranian air force was there.

i remember that in southern iran western and israeli pilots were often training with iranian air force pilots and the quality of iranian pilots was comparable with western/israeli counterparts.

Really??? Then why was HAL writing memos over memos to send "Russian" engineers to check made from scratch displays on indian sukhoi's?

India has been building the Su-30MKI from scratch(except for the crystal blades of the AL-31FP for the last 5 years due to the complete ToT by Russia plus the GoI has already purchased well over a 1000 AL-31FP engines from Russia as a future contingency.so in a hypothethical war,the GoI has the ability to churn out at least 20-25 Su-30MKIs with or without Russian consent(well in that case we would simply pay them the intellectual fee on each aircraft).so,yes we can manufacture a decent 4th generation fighter all by ourselves at this moment apart from LCA.....

Back
Top Bottom