What's new

22 killed in US missile strike in N Waziristan

There is nothing to suggest he is in Quetta.

on the contrary pray tell what proof do u have!

You've allowed the defeated taliban army to retreat into your nation and attack the men, women, and children of afghanistan from your soil.

Those men do so to this day. Every damned day. Anytime you wish to count the bodies of dead afghanis at the hands of men like Nazir, Haqqani, Hekmatyar, Rehman, etc. and compare them to PREDATOR after you've stripped at the legit kills there and we'll see.

There's no comparison and the callousness displayed here to that obvious point and the equally CLEAR and OBVIOUS point that it's your nation's intelligence assets that are providing the human intel for PREDATOR.

You've a real war on your hands and haven't seen anything yet. Nothing. You can fight with all your might, surrender, or stand aside and watch these men intimidate there way to the front steps of your capital.

Another bullshit which i was expecting and waiting for pateintly.

Instead of admitting the damages u are causing off you go defending cheap *** policies that are damaging the war on terror but hey lets not admit our mistakes shall we. Lets go berzerk and kill everyone out there. We can decide if they are taliban or not anti US or not later. Lets go for it! :cheers:

What about the afghan taliban coming to our side of the border and massacring Pakistani civilians? You seem to be gaining a massive sense of entertainment with that.

600 Afghan taliban attack Pakistani check post
Amongst the 80 militants over 58 are afghans

Nazir, Haqqani, Hekmatyar, Rehman, :blah:... How did they cross the border in the first place. Were ur forces sleeping? We could put the same question of why u guys let them cross the border.

And u care about Afghanistan so much? :woot:
OMG US loves Afghanistan so much that after afghan soviet war they were left alone to be terrorized by the taliban for years. Then US woke up from its slumber not while afghans were being treated like animals by the talibani bastards but after their al qaeda freinds decided to topple the trade center with their planes and strangely the airforce sat quietly doing nothing while plane after plane struck the trade center just so that now US could justify its so called war on terror where they are bombing innocent civlians in its name.

KABUL, Afghanistan - A U.S. military airstrike this week killed 47 civilians traveling to a wedding, the head of an Afghan government commission investigating the incident said Friday.

I am here all night. Not today i am leaving u. I have been watching u make bullshit comments for a while. Let us admit that no one wants u here and u are like a blundering beast destroying all in its path.

Survey: 88% of Afghans want US forces to leave

The earlier u leave the better it is for the region and for USA.

There is nothing to suggest he is in Quetta.

on the contrary pray tell what proof do u have!

Our intelligence suggests he is still in Waziristan.

According to breaking news of ARY One World TV of Pakistan, Baitullah Mehsud died on 1 October 2008. He is estimated to have died at around midnight. The television says the reports of the death of Mr. Mehsud are yet to be confirmed. Mr. Mehsud has been in ill health for several months and has been suffering from high blood pressure and kidney disease. The Tehrik-e-Taliban has denied the death of Baitullah Mehsud.[32] According to a spokesman, Mehsud was "fit and well." Baitullah Mehsud was also reportedly sighted touring tribal areas in South Waziristan 2 days after his "reported death."[33] Mehsud's doctor also said he had spoken with him after the rumors of his death.[34]

He was sighted in Razmak on january 4th i think. There is nothing to suggest he is in quetta. I dunno how that came up... anyhow the issue is how he can be eliminated and it can be ensured a leader who is willing to stop the bloodshed comes to head the taliban so that atleast we have some peace and can take out the other smaller similar groups one by one. Fazlullah also is a major threat. He is not taking orders from the number one and continues to bombard schools. Mehsud said that he does not like the bombarding of schools and will talk to them. In any case that does not change he is a criminal and a murderer who has killed over a thousand.

Maybe the same way his boys have been eliminating pro government tribal elders we can do it. Guerilla warfare or maybe getting our people in there with him. There was lashkar prepared for a special task of somehow eliminating him and bringing peace to the valley but lashker could not directly engage. We need assasins and spys to trace him then kill him.

"...i was expecting and waiting for pateintly."

I'm only learning now just how quick you are. Forgive me. Too, your vigilence is... impressive. With men like you Pakistan's safety is assured.

"Lets go berzerk and kill everyone out there."

Well...it COULD be done, I suppose.:undecided:

"We can decide if they are taliban or not anti US or not later."

We'll permit Allah (PBUH) to perform that chore on our behalf.

"What about the afghan taliban coming to our side of the border and massacring Pakistani civilians?"

They can't abide you attempting to wrest back Bajaur. It's too critical to their operations in Kunar. If the afghani taliban are ever challenged on where they must fight first, it'll be Pakistan. Without FATA and Baluchistan, they stand no chance. Their relationships stemming back to the mujahideen legacy is too deeply engrained now in any case.

Both nations are at war but the greater struggle and prize will turn into Pakistan. There's no guarantee that Pakistan becomes talibanized were Afghanistan to do so. There's every guarantee that Afghanistan WILL become talibanized if Pakistan is to do so.

"Nazir, Haqqani, Hekmatyar, Rehman, ... How did they cross the border in the first place."

Ummm...don't know why I need to tell you but Nazir and Rehman are pakistani. Haqqani and Hekmatyar have always enjoyed close relations with certain elements of your government. There's some concern that, whatever else may go by the wayside, Haqqani (in particular) will remain.

"OMG US loves Afghanistan so much that after afghan soviet war they were left alone to be terrorized by the taliban for years."

It's true that we were no friends of the taliban gov't but I think that you'll find that we still donated considerable famine relief packages and other civil aid projects. That doesn't include other aid that was directed via third-parties. Frankly, though, we thought that the Saudis and you knew what you were doing and, further, we'd held no historical interests in the region.

Please read this carefully, dimension 117-had we stayed you'd be just the guy to accuse America of neo-colonialist ambitions. No. There was no precedent to us being in Afghanistan. The taliban closed any door on that in 1996.

"I am here all night. Not today i am leaving u. I have been watching u make bullshit comments for a while. Let us admit that no one wants u here and u are like a blundering beast destroying all in its path."

Ominous. You are certainly a force to be reckoned.

"The earlier u leave the better it is for the region and for USA."

I'm sure we'll be gone just as soon as we can be assured that Pakistan won't be carving some "strategic space" out of Afghanistan. That may be a while as we've done a crappy job to date moving things along and the afghanis aren't stellar material so don't hold your breath.

Oh! Same here with me, dimension117. I won't be going anywhere.

I like it here.

A lot.:agree:

You've allowed the defeated taliban army to retreat into your nation and attack the men, women, and children of afghanistan from your soil.

Those men do so to this day. Every damned day. Anytime you wish to count the bodies of dead afghanis at the hands of men like Nazir, Haqqani, Hekmatyar, Rehman, etc. and compare them to PREDATOR after you've stripped the legit kills there and we'll see.

There's no comparison and the callousness displayed here to that obvious point and the equally CLEAR and OBVIOUS point that it's your nation's intelligence assets that are providing the human intel for PREDATOR is astounding.

You've a real war on your hands and haven't seen anything yet. Nothing. You can fight with all your might, surrender, or stand aside and watch these men intimidate their way to the front steps of your capital.

Whats the difference between the U.S army and Taliban, They all kill innocent people, the only difference is to kill each other they both use cheap tactics. Taliban set up road side bombs they kill innocent people most times, and Americans attack from the air again killing most of the innocent.

It's also america at fault why the taliban grow stronger, in afghanistan killing innocent people gains support for the taliban. Pakistan army tried hard to gain support of locals, but these drone attacks are working for taliban not against them.

I've written at length here on my thoughts about sovereign responsibilities.

There's little reason but to think that these PREDATOR strikes in Pakistan haven't been anything but effective of late. Very effective. There's little reason, either, to think that ceasing these attacks will change any fundamental attitudes about America. They won't.

Nor will they change the threat to Pakistan. What's clear here is how reluctant Pakistanis are to admit that they now must reconquer their own lands and negotiating will only squander more of their sovereign capital.

You will have to fight very hard in many places of FATA. Many, many people will die. Many civilians. Talking, diplomacy and appeasement will not work. The militants have made these lands their's and intend to keep them.

We'll see how greatly valued Pakistan is by it's citizens over the next few years.

Mehsud said that he does not like the bombarding of schools and will talk to them.

his GPRS must be picking up ground clutter! 170 schools have been destroyed.

I've written at length here on my thoughts about sovereign responsibilities.

There's little reason but to think that these PREDATOR strikes in Pakistan haven't been anything but effective of late. Very effective. There's little reason, either, to think that ceasing these attacks will change any fundamental attitudes about America. They won't.

Nor will they change the threat to Pakistan. What's clear here is how reluctant Pakistanis are to admit that they now must reconquer their own lands and negotiating will only squander more of their sovereign capital.

You will have to fight very hard in many places of FATA. Many, many people will die. Many civilians. Talking, diplomacy and appeasement will not work. The militants have made these lands their's and intend to keep them.

We'll see how greatly valued Pakistan is by it's citizens over the next few years.

where do u get the patience!

Unfortunately, after the demise of the Quaid, Pakistan has only suffered at the hands of a few colonial sold-outs. The Quaid never had enough time to lay a proper foundation and guide this nation. The seed of the colonial slaves, is until this very day fully present. It are only a handful of crooks that have hijacked a nation of 170 million. Any self-esteemed nation would never allow its territorial integrity to be challenged in exchange for a few dimes and countless body bags. Any proud nation would collectively tackle extremism at the root level and never allow the destruction of such holy institutes such as schools. I wouldn't be exaggerating by claiming that Pakistan respires on aid from the very same country that wants to abolish it. When will we realize that self-esteemed nations don't exist with the shackles of aid? When will we learn to stand on our own feet? Only the people have the power to overthrow the hypocrites and the cowards that are leading this nation. Until the people don't rise, we can expect more missile strikes, suicide bombings, load shedding, hunger and other misery. The educated and patriotic masses are in dire need of a green revolution. Pakistanis need to take a leaf from the Renaissance. Justice, democracy and prosperity require struggle and hardships. They cannot be bought in any corner shop. Where will we find such brave men and women? The self-worth of this nation died the day Quaid passed away. What can we even expect from a nation that chooses a worthless leader like Ghaddari. Do we even have the right to hold any aspirations? Yes, it does hurt me to say that...

Last edited:
US told not to back terrorism against Pakistan

One such precise piece of information was made available to the CIA on May 24 when Baitullah Mehsud drove to a remote South Waziristan mountain post in his Toyota Land Cruiser to address the press and returned back to his safe abode.

quite ironic, isnt it. on one hand the pakistan establishment points its finger towards the cia but one wonders, what is the PAF doing, are they sleeping. they know the exact location of the person and still do not do anything about it, but pass on the information to cia and wait for something to happen. smart i must say as then the blame gets passed on to the cia rather than the establishment it self.

quite ironic, isnt it. on one hand the pakistan establishment points its finger towards the cia but one wonders, what is the PAF doing, are they sleeping. they know the exact location of the person and still do not do anything about it, but pass on the information to cia and wait for something to happen. smart i must say as then the blame gets passed on to the cia rather than the establishment it self.

You mean just like the Mumbai attacks where your intelligence was taking a winter sleep? remember when a few street fighters sailed into Mumbai with their lethal rubber boats and a handful of grenades, ammo and guns... Isn't that ironic? You are very quick to point fingers here, but always forget your own mistakes.

Well some wonder if the last 2 strikes were something odd or part of the new regime in Washington.

This may help.

The New York Yimes
Strikes in Pakistan Underscore Obama’s Options

By RICHARD A. OPPEL Jr.
Published: January 23, 2009
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Two missile attacks launched from remotely piloted American aircraft killed at least 15 people in western Pakistan on Friday. The strikes suggested that the use of drones to kill militants within Pakistan’s borders would continue under President Obama.

Remotely piloted Predator drones operated by the Central Intelligence Agency have carried out more than 30 missile attacks since last summer against members of Al Qaeda and other terrorism suspects deep in their redoubts on the Pakistani side of the border with Afghanistan.

But some of the attacks have also killed civilians, enraging Pakistanis and making it harder for the country’s shaky government to win support for its own military operations against Taliban guerrillas in the country’s lawless border region.

American officials in Washington said there were no immediate signs that the strikes on Friday had killed any senior Qaeda leaders. They said the attacks had dispelled for the moment any notion that Mr. Obama would rein in the Predator attacks.

Mr. Obama and his top national security aides are likely in the coming days to review other counterterrorism measures put in place by the Bush administration, American officials said. What does review mean, remove or add new ones?

These include orders President Bush secretly approved in July that for the first time allowed American Special Operations forces to carry out ground raids in Pakistan without the approval of the Pakistani government.
Nothing like upsetting life on the front!! This will not help, but hinder any serious Pakistan anti-terror battles.

Friday’s missile attacks hit Waziristan, a remote and mountainous region controlled by the Taliban, in the semiautonomous Federally Administered Tribal Areas along the Afghan border.

The first struck a village known as Mir Ali in North Waziristan late in the afternoon. In a statement, Pakistani government officials said the attack destroyed the house of a man identified as Khalil Dawar and killed eight people. The statement said militants had surrounded the area and retrieved the bodies.

A senior Pakistani security official said four of those killed were Arabs. Pakistani intelligence officials often take the presence of foreign fighters as an indication of Qaeda involvement.

In the second attack, missiles struck a house near the village of Wana in South Waziristan, killing seven people, according to local accounts and Pakistani news reports. The reports said three of the dead were children.

American officials believe that the drone strikes have killed a number of suspected militants along the frontier since last year, including a senior Qaeda operative who was killed Jan. 1 and was suspected in the 1998 bombings of the United States Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania and the bombing of the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad four months ago.

But the civilian toll has angered Pakistanis. A senior Pakistani official estimated that the attacks might have killed as many as 100 civilians; it was not possible to verify the estimate.

American and Pakistani officials are known to share some intelligence about militants, but it is unclear whether Pakistani officials have in any way acquiesced to the drone strikes or helped provide intelligence for them while opposing them in public. Openly supporting the attacks would be untenable for a government perceived as being too close to the American government.

Ismail Khan contributed reporting from Peshawar, Pakistan, and Eric Schmitt from Washington.

link: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/24/world/asia/24pstan.html?_r=1&hp

You mean just like the Mumbai attacks where your intelligence was taking a winter sleep? remember when a few street fighters sailed into Mumbai with their lethal rubber boats and a handful of grenades, ammo and guns... Isn't that ironic? You are very quick to point fingers here, but always forget your own mistakes.

interesting.

so i would assume that the info passed by the pakistan establishment was not with a stong footing as that would mean they themselves were not sure of the info they were passing to the cia. ok, i go with your assertion and with that it also gets clear that, that particular piece of article blaming cia has no basis to it, right!

interesting.

so i would assume that the info passed by the pakistan establishment was not with a stong footing as that would mean they themselves were not sure of the info they were passing to the cia. ok, i go with your assertion and with that it also gets clear that, that particular piece of article blaming cia has no basis to it, right!

No, it means that before pointing any fingers or just assuming out of the blue, just have a look at yourself. That's what it means...

Back
Top Bottom