What's new

22 killed in US missile strike in N Waziristan

1. roadrunner, let me explain it in simple words:

No-one uses child mortality statistics (and 'avoidable deaths') to decide on 'genocide'.

You argued with child mortality statistics. I just pointed out that there's differences in population size.

I do believe that child mortality rates are very relevant. Any mortality rate is relevant in determining whether warfare in neighbouring countries has caused a genocide.

2. "Pakistan does not need US aid": Of course, direct aid is one part of it. Another part is loans from IMF, World Bank etc. (the US has 'major' voting rights in those institutions).

The IMF is simply a robber. It charges extortionate rates that developing countries cannot pay back.

It is better to not get loans from such places.

3. Every country looks after (or tries to) it's own interests, including the Chinese. Don't count on them to give you free lunches. In fact, didn't Zardari ask the Chinese for a loan of $5 billion before he went to the IMF? How much did he get from them?

The Chinese have given a lot of money in the form of soft loans.

Zardari is a known crook with a bad rep. The Chinese cannot be expected to part with their money and lend lend to a crook.

4. But one of the greatest payoffs (IMHO) was not taking 'action' against Pakistan for the Nuclear proliferation ('Wal-Mart') being operated by Dr Khan. Had it been some other country (e.g. Iran/Libya/Syria) those would have been grounds for some serious sanctions.

I don't think AQ Khan did much. Can Iran make nukes, or Libya, or Syria?

How can AQ Khan have proliferated nuclear technology, when Iran, despite its best attempts is "nowhere near to producing a nuke"?

5. I see that my question: "I'd just like to ask you what Pakistan and KSA have done for Afghanistan from 1990-2008?" still remains unanswered....

KSA has done nothing imo, except export their radicals.

Pakistan did do some things that did benefit Afghanistan over the same period. I'm not mentioning them here as it will flare off another debate. However there's many, not least the millions of refugees which Pakistan looks after on its territory.

However, I never argued anything so far to do with KSA or Pakistani contributions.

Last edited:
Must you enter into every thread when you see my name?

You're simpy annoying and not very bright.

If this was a chat show, and we were debating live I would need a bodyguard, not for myself you see, but for you, since it would be impossible to restrain myself.

I shouldn't answer this, but i will this once.

This is seriously funky maths!

You forgot the difference in the the populations of the countries for a start. The much bigger population of Pakistan would mean that it is much ahead of Afghanistan in child mortality rates. So your genocide figure should be close to 10 million if we go by your logic.

Pakistan's population is bigger. Right genius. Why does this matter for these figures?

Per 1000 population in Pakistan,
total: 66.94 deaths/1,000 live births
male: 67.04 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 66.84 deaths/1,000 live births (2008 est.)

In each 1000 this is:
total: 154.67 deaths/1,000 live births
male: 158.88 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 150.24 deaths/1,000 live births (2008 est.)

If you still cannot see why population size doesn't matter, look at the scaling, everything is down to per 1000 of the population.

Second, any data around the role of Taliban in this. Did their rule, that was free from all external interference (except by your own country!) take the country forward on these indices? If yes, can you share the child mortality rates before and at the end of Taliban period?

You don't seem to get it.

I'm arguing what radicalization has done. Had there been no radicalization there would have been no mujahideen, and therefore no Taliban? Get it? DUH.

I would think that it would have likely worsened given Taliban's aversion to the fair sex even receiving medical treatment (better let them die than God forbid be treated by a male Doctor and corrupting his mind!).

I know it is not really fair to you to expect any kind of objectivity but to use common sense! Is that also unfair?

Taliban are an extension of the Indian-originated deobandi system who are similar in extremeness to the RSS. Indian women have the highest murder rates and domestic abuse in the subcontinent, and certainly an Indian cannot criticize even a Taliban based on India's atrocious human rights record.

Must you enter into every thread when you see my name?

You're simpy annoying and not very bright.

If this was a chat show, and we were debating live I would need a bodyguard, not for myself you see, but for you, since it would be impossible to restrain myself.

I shouldn't answer this, but i will this once.

Let me deal with your ad hominem first and then we will discuss the real issue.

You are giving yourself way too much credit if you think I am following you. I am not!

No one is. You are simply not worth it.

I have not been anywhere near a 1000 miles of the goddamned "Atafu" for a start. :lol:

I may or may not be very bright but obviously bright enough for a self serving dimwit like you for sure. I know that li'l packet from Afghanistan always does things to you.

Impossible to restrain yourself!

Yeah sure. Guatemala may have helped, if Obama was not planning to close it down.

Bodyguard! Sure, the Blackwater has been banned form Iraq I guess and need some others for target practice. ;)

Who better! :bunny:

Let's come to the issue now. Forget the above post for a moment.

Pakistan's population is bigger. Right genius. Why does this matter for these figures?

In each 1000 this is:

If you still cannot see why population size doesn't matter, look at the scaling, everything is down to per 1000 of the population.

You said 5 million deaths for Pakistan is a yardstick. So the excess deaths in Afghanistan are 6 million.

you can see that the mortality differential is around 11 million - 5 million = 6 million people.

If you had managed to pass the 5th standard maths, you would know that the 5 millions deaths are for a population of 160 million. For a population of 30 million in Afghanistan (which you reduced to 20 million in your usual convenient ways), the avoidable deaths should be proportionately reduced. So it should be like 1 million or less. That would make the excess avoidable deaths as 10 million.

Got it now? It is something I have tried to reduce to a 3rd standard maths for you.

You don't seem to get it.

I'm arguing what radicalization has done. Had there been no radicalization there would have been no mujahideen, and therefore no Taliban? Get it? DUH.

I get it wholly and fully. You are finding scapegoats all around but not the biggest and most obvious one.

Taliban are an extension of the Indian-originated deobandi system who are similar in extremeness to the RSS. Indian women have the highest murder rates and domestic abuse in the subcontinent, and certainly an Indian cannot criticize even a Taliban based on India's atrocious human rights record.

Same as above and unnecessary and false claims and diversions.

Look up the latest global gender gap report and correct yourself.

Only you can compare Taliban to India. But then I already said it is unfair to you to expect anything better!

Let me deal with your ad hominem first and then we will discuss the real issue.

You are giving yourself way too much credit if you think I am following you. I am not!

No one is. You are simply not worth it.

I have not been anywhere near a 1000 miles of the goddamned "Atafu" for a start. :lol:

I may or may not be very bright but obviously bright enough for a self serving dimwit like you for sure. I know that li'l packet from Afghanistan always does things to you.

Impossible to restrain yourself!

Yeah sure. Guatemala may have helped, if Obama was not planning to close it down.

Bodyguard! Sure, the Blackwater has been banned form Iraq I guess and need some others for target practice. ;)

Who better! :bunny:

alright, that was great.. give yourself a pat on the back there. You were quick off the mark!

Last edited:
Let's come to the issue now. Forget the above post for a moment.

You said 5 million deaths for Pakistan is a yardstick. So the excess deaths in Afghanistan are 6 million.

The 5 million wasn't my figure, it was your mate zhero's figure. I just gave the example of how it's wrong.

I used the per 1000 figures. So population values do not come into it.

If you had managed to pass the 5th standard maths, you would know that the 5 millions deaths are for a population of 160 million. For a population of 30 million in Afghanistan (which you reduced to 20 million in your usual convenient ways), the avoidable deaths should be proportionately reduced. So it should be like 1 million or less. That would make the excess avoidable deaths as 10 million.

Got it now? It is something I have tried to reduce to a 3rd standard maths for you.

Look, Are you blind? Can you not see the population factor has been ACCOUTED FOR? DUHHHHHHHH

Look!

In each 1000 (Afghanistan) this is:

Per 1000 population = population factor accounted

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Once you grasp that the population factor is accounted for in these statistics, we can move on.

Back
Top Bottom