What's new

2022 Iraqi civil war

Yes, he controlled the country well, do you know by what methods?

This is the problem with the mentality of this region. The US literally gives them a parliamentary constitution and people advocate to go back to dictatorship which usually ends like Gaddafi.

Lol this has nothing to do with them
Multi ethnic, sect countries can't work without democracy

Simple as that, and I realize my country democracy is a crap show and we are also a mutli ethnic state

Multi ethnic, sect countries can't work without democracy

Simple as that
Exactly, time and time again we have seen this problem. You need to have equal or close to equal representation in governance. US literally handed them a golden platter of parliamentarian democracy and they want to throw it away instead of preserving it, and maintaining the rule of law.

The slaughter that happened post Saddam, was decades of resentment and oppression, the same we saw in Syria. Decades of suppression comes out violently,

1661830336831.png

Still confused at who controls the green zone at the moment? Anyone know?

Still confused at who controls the green zone at the moment? Anyone know?
There are clashes in some areas and Sadr supporters made a show of strength at the checkpoints by take them. However, as far as I can understand, the control in some critical state institutions is in the government forces. During the night, some information emerged that groups within the Sadr side were negotiating so that this would not turn into a civil war. In any case, a lot of people died unfortunately... May Allah(cc) have mercy on those who died. Inshallah things could settle down before this events gets bigger and drags the whole of Iraq off the cliff.

Unfortunately, clashes still continue at some points in the morning hours. You know, the tribes play an important role in the political issues in this region. If this business turns into a deep blood feud, no one can save Iraq, it will literally turn into a failed state, forever.

There are clashes in some areas and Sadr supporters made a show of strength at the checkpoints by take them. However, as far as I can tell, the control in critical state institutions is in the government forces. During the night, some information emerged that groups within the Sadr side were negotiating so that this would not turn into a civil war. In any case, a lot of people died unfortunately... May Allah(cc) have mercy on those who died. Inshallah things could settle down before this events gets bigger and drags the whole of Iraq off the cliff.

Unfortunately, clashes still continue at some points in the morning hours. You know, the tribes play an important role in the political issues in this region. If this business turns into a deep blood feud, no one can save Iraq, it will literally turn into a failed state, forever.

What an absolute shit show. You can't just attack government buildings like this. Sadr supporters are acting like terrorists, the only "good" side is the Iraqi government and the Iraqi army which is literally no where to be seen.

What an absolute shit show. You can't just attack government buildings like this. Sadr supporters are acting like terrorists, the only "good" side is the Iraqi government and the Iraqi army which is literally no where to be seen.
Please don't take it as racism, but I stopped looking for logic in these Levant-Basrah Arabs a long time ago. Masses dragged behind money and personal ambitions. No one cares about their country. They became tribal states. Even sectarian conflicts cannot explain the division, now Shiites kill Shiites, Sunnis kill Sunnis.

Please don't take it as racism, but I stopped looking for logic in these Levant-Basrah Arabs a long time ago. Masses dragged behind money and personal ambitions. No one cares about their country. They became tribal states. Even sectarian conflicts cannot explain the division, now Shiites kill Shiites, Sunnis kill Sunnis.
No one is willing to accept if they don't get their way. Part of this tribalism, if someone loses an election in Turkey, the political party doesn't then go and tell their supports to fire Dshka's and RPG-7's into government buildings. It's this attitude and unwillingness to respect Iraqi constitutions and rule of law which is abundantly common in this region.

Not even the fools that want to blame everything on sectarianism can't explain the violence in Iraq, or Libya or even in the Sinai.

Also I should say, at the end of the day, very commonly in this region, the actual disruptive leaders run away, and stay low and quiet while the simple minded supporters are in the fray and usually suffer the most from the fallout. I won't be surprised if their is a major slaughter and crackdown about to occur. The leaders will remain safe tho

No one is willing to accept if they don't get their way. Part of this tribalism, if someone loses an election in Turkey, the political party doesn't then go and tell their supports to fire Dshka's and RPG-7's into government buildings. It's this attitude and unwillingness to respect Iraqi constitutions and rule of law which is abundantly common in this region.

Not even the fools that want to blame everything on sectarianism can't explain the violence in Iraq, or Libya or even in the Sinai.
In order to talk about a state tradition, two things must be maintained. The first is respect for elections and the second is the rule of law. I don't know what Sadr's supporters think, but even if they think there is a problem in the elections, the solution is not to attack government buildings with rockets. If the state collapses, everyone will be under the rubble. Just a few years ago, the KRG attempted independence. A war in Baghdad would be an opportunity presented to Israel on a golden platter. If there will be a civil war in Baghdad and the army shred, neither Iran nor Turkiye can remain inactive, they will have to take precautions.

I can not count how many times Sadr has resigned so far and sent his supporter to green zone ... imagine this mentality when gets in power ...

Back
Top Bottom