What's new

2019 - Iran flood ....

logo_en.png

The Floods, the Mullahs and the Cinderella in Boots
Friday, 5 April, 2019 - 09:45

amir-tahiri.jpg

Amir Taheri was the executive editor-in-chief of the daily Kayhan in Iran from 1972 to 1979. He has worked at or written for innumerable publications, published eleven books, and has been a columnist for Asharq Al-Awsat since 1987

Using articles from this author for a serious discussion is simply ridiculous. Amir Taheri was repeatedly caught for making fakes for anti-Iranian propaganda from 1980s.

Using articles from this author for a serious discussion is simply ridiculous. Amir Taheri was repeatedly caught for making fakes for anti-Iranian propaganda from 1980s.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be more cautious employing his articles in the future. I'll delete my post if someone can show that the source for his numbers isn't the IRC.

Article says data came from the IRC.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be more cautious employing his articles in the future. I'll delete my post if someone can show that the source for his numbers isn't the IRC.

Maybe this IRC

Iran Red Crescent is not the organization who had the ability to estimate the amount of damage to infrastructures
and more importantly its what IRC announce in its website
http://rcs.ir/تشریح-جزئیات-امدادرسانی-هلال‌احمر-به/

http://rcs.ir/امدادرسانی-به-۲۹۰-هزار-نفر-در-استان‌ه/
and according to them they helped 290,000 person . well if you believe 25% of Iran population is equal to 290,000 people then I accept 1000km of Iran railroad and 3000km of Roads get destroyed
(honestly if I wanted to invent numbers I would have done a better job and for 1000km destroyed railroad I'd stated 17000km of roads as the ratio of Iran Roads to Railroads is 17 not 3)
also according to IRC only 113000 people needed emergency housing not 1.2 million people so we are waiting

Damn... It's a tough test for Iran. I wish speedy recover

5ca95dbbcff0e.jpg

B207ADD5-6081-48BF-A26A-9AD5B8BAFF01_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Much needed aid for Iran suffering due to such aweful floods , hope the people have time to recover from such a massive humanitarian crisis

Quite saddened by the loss of property and life
It is our duty to help our neighbors

s_636466837454351325_Pakistan_is_the_only_country_from_where_Iran_has_accepted_post_earthquake_aid.jpg

Well done Pakistan , well Done

n83268531-72946092.jpg

Some help arriving also from Kuwait
n83268324-72945788.jpg

cli1554618989.jpg

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/143708/Turkish-Red-Crescent-dispatches-help-to-flood-hit-areas-in-Iran
Aid from Turkey
The aid includes 320 tents, 500 beds, 100 personal care kits, 1,625 blankets and 60 stoves.
3087652.jpg

Moscow, April 6, IRNA- Russia is joining world countries to send humanitarian relief to Iranian floods survivors as inundations continue to cause heavy damage in large parts of the country.
russia-flag_sm.jpg

“Responding to Iran’s request and in joint cooperation with Armenia’s Emergency Situations Ministry, humanitarian aid for the people hit by the floods has been sent,” reads Russia's Emergency Situation Ministry statement.

The ministry has dispatched four thousand tents, blankets and folding beds to its regional station in the Armenian capital Yerevan. The Russian government created the centre in 2015 in the city in a bid to serve as a regional basis for humanitarian aid for Armenia and surrounding countries.

Flash floods have wreaked havoc in northern, western and south-western Iranian provinces, leaving a trail of destruction behind and killing 70 people so far with thousands of others injured.

Earlier, UNICEF office in Iran has announced that initial supplies are already on their way to Iran to help the Ministry of Health ensure immunization and young child nutrition services are quickly re-established in several flood-affected provinces.

Important read about climate changing
بررسی‌ها و گزارش‌هایی که به دست ما رسیده نشان می‌دهد که بارش‌های ما «حدی» بوده و این بدان معنا است که بیشتر از بارش‌های نرمال بوده هم از جهت مدت و هم از جهت شدت. این شرایط در خیلی از استان‌های کشور به وجود آمده است.

در مورد بارش این چند روزه اخیر می‌توان گفت جریان جت استریم‌ها یا «رودبادها» ست که در یک ارتفاعی از سطح زمین جریان دارند؛ رودبادها، بالای یازده هزارمتر نسبت به زمین جریان دارند و یک تونل باد پر سرعت در ارتفاعات بالا هستند که بی تأثیر در بارندگی‌های ما نبودند.

به دلیل آب شدن یخ‌های قطبی، جابجایی جهت رودبادها اتفاق می‌افتد و اظهار می‌شود بارش‌های اخیر کشورمان به این دلیل ایجاد شده‌اند که این موضوع را بررسی‌های علمی نیز نشان می‌دهد.

در واقع تغییرات دمایی آب سطحی و عمقی اقیانوس‌های اطلس و آرام با آب شدن یخ‌ها در تولید بخار در جو و نهایتاً بارندگی‌ها تأثیر گذاشته است. می‌توان گفت که تغییرات دمایی در اقیانوس‌های اطلس شمالی و آرام و شرایط غیر متعادلی که رودبادها ایجاد کرده‌اند، منجر به بارندگی‌های حدی و غیر طبیعی شد.​

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/949717/دلایل-علمی-بارش-های-اخیر-کشور

So we are victims of global warming ...
yes Iran now seeing the effects of climate change but just like the sanctions we can use this climate change to advantage. Get people away from flood plains , do even more dam construction and more irrigation channels . MAKE IRAN GREEN AGAIN..lol. Imagine all the hydro power that can be generated by this much water (we already have the mountains so having hydro generated power is no brainer)...Imagine Iran agriculture feeding the region .:bunny:

How did these floods of such magnitude happen? was it mostly due to heavy rains or is there elements of mismanagement to blame?

Also, has anything positive (strange question, I know) come out of this? Has it helped our diminishing under water reserved etc?

R.I.P to all the dead.

How did these floods of such magnitude happen? was it mostly due to heavy rains or is there elements of mismanagement to blame?

Also, has anything positive (strange question, I know) come out of this? Has it helped our diminishing under water reserved etc?

R.I.P to all the dead.

Well , the raining was very very heavy ...

R.I.P to all the dead.
See this page, there are hundreds of worse cases in other countries from Europe to the US and Japan.

https://instagram.com/ayandeh2016?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=jla7r3icflcw

See this page, there are hundreds of worse cases in other countries from Europe to the US and Japan.

https://instagram.com/ayandeh2016?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=jla7r3icflcw

Currently the lake behind karkheh is 1.5 time bigger than urumieh lake in fullest state ....

This is beyond all exception .... Many so called experts were blaming government for making such big dam ( karkheh ) base of 50 years raining data and now , its full ....

Currently the lake behind karkheh is 1.5 time bigger than urumieh lake in fullest state ....

This is beyond all exception .... Many so called experts were blaming government for making such big dam ( karkheh ) base of 50 years raining data and now , its full ....
Well I know if it wasn’t because of that God blessed dam the whole Khuzestan was under water right.

God bless those who built countless dams in our country after revolution.

IRAN is world’s 3rd biggest dam builder in the world and it has built dams in over 40 countries!

https://financialtribune.com/articles/energy/3077/iran-3rd-top-dam-builder

Back
Top Bottom