What's new

(2012) Brazil, it seems to be overtaking India ?

why not, foreign investors are looking for living standards, buying capabilities of people. etc

If that was the case the Brazil should attract more investment than China, since its standard of living and per capita is better than china.

India has a big upper class and growing middle class population, bigger than Brazils.

Whichever country offers decent rate of growth, is good for investment. Poor or not hardly matters.

why not, foreign investors are looking for living standards, buying capabilities of people. etc

BS, Investors come where they perceive they can get good returns.. Do you even know what was the state of China in 70's when investors started knocking the doors?

Two things that works for attracting investors are - Favorable policies, cheap skilled/semi skilled labor force , as both the factors can help contribute in getting better returns..

On the contrary, European countries have better living standards and buying capabilities so why investors are giving them a miss. Did you seriously miss to notice the state they are in?

If that was the case the Brazil should attract more investment than China, since its standard of living and per capita is better than china.

India has a big upper class and growing middle class population, bigger than Brazils.

Whichever country offers decent rate of growth, is good for investment. Poor or not hardly matters.

I LOL'ed at the theory of our little genius..

Going by his theory, If standard of living and buying capabilities been the prime criteria for attracting investors then why investors not flocking Europe, Canada, American markets?

And I guess he is under impression that China has better Standard of living than Brazil.. :lol:

here is the comparison of GDP growth rate of India and Brazil ... :) ...

chart.png

india GDP %

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
chart.png

brazil GDP% ....

:) /// looks like brazil is doing good at 2% growth rate :)
and at 7% India is in slowdown :) haha

http://img4.bbs.**********/uploadfiles/images/2012/02/03/0203071628719.JPG

3 Feb, 2012

- India or Brazil? Listen to what Gerard Lyon, the respected chief economist of Standard Chartered has to say, "I visited Latin America recently. Despite growth concerns in Brazil, it seems to be overtaking India in terms of perception.

- India always over-performs at Davos but underperforms every other week of the year. Countries like Indonesia could replace the 'I' in the BRICS and Brazil could also well take a big lead." Ian Bremmer, president of Eurasia Group said.

- The slugfest now is no longer India versus China, it's India versus Brazil. For global investors, China is now TINA (there is no alternative).

Is India versus Brazil replacing India versus China for global investors? - The Economic Times

There is no slugfest anywhere except in the minds of these charlies who write such articles and the ones posting them here as a part of their daily morning anti-Indian breakfast cereal diet. I don't lose sleep if Brazil overtakes us or if Indonesia becomes the 'I' of the BRICS. Neither do I know of any other Indian who loses sleep over such crap. India has no issue with Brazil or Indonesia both of whom are friendly countries. As long as India is moving in the right direction, we are OK with it. We have a long way to go. We are in no hurry.
Stupid and meaningless thread.

BS, Investors come where they perceive they can get good returns.. Do you even know what was the state of China in 70's when investors started knocking the doors?

Two things that works for attracting investors are - Favorable policies, cheap skilled/semi skilled labor force , as both the factors can help contribute in getting better returns..

On the contrary, European countries have better living standards and buying capabilities so why investors are giving them a miss. Did you seriously miss to notice the state they are in?

Investing happens in many ways, if you think about cheap labour force then there are some countries. If an investor want to invest in a company which make products to sell to people of that country living standard, and buying capabilities matter.

Another investor may think to sell that product to some other country, it because of the higher buying capabilities of the people in that country.

Investing happens in many ways, if you think about cheap labour force then there are some countries. If an investor want to invest in a company which make products to sell to people of that country living standard, and buying capabilities matter.

Another investor may think to sell that product to some other country, it because of the higher buying capabilities of the people in that country.

Indian consumption is 3rd highest in the world /// brazil doesnt comes near ... so pull your horses back and stop fantasizing about india's economic situation last time i checked Srilanka has massive trade imbalance with india... poor little lanka

Indian consumption is 3rd highest in the world /// brazil doesnt comes near ... so pull your horses back and stop fantasizing about india's economic situation last time i checked Srilanka has massive trade imbalance with india... poor little lanka

when some one can't handle the fact, they start attacking the country of the poster. I have seen most of Indian members are doing this in this forum. :lol:

Back to topic: Mega events about to kick off so how could we say investors attention aren't towards to Brazil

160px-WC-2014-Brasil.svg.png

Brazil has allot going for it....

energy independence

Raw materials (amazon rain forest anyone?)

Aeronautics

IT

etc.

india has big consumption because it has alot of peasants who make only enough money to survive, thus they have near 100% income consumption.

South Korea under Japanese rule had 95% consumption.

india has big consumption because it has alot of peasants who make only enough money to survive, thus they have near 100% income consumption.

South Korea under Japanese rule had 95% consumption.

wrong India's saving rate is close to 50% check the facts first one of the highest in the world ...

wrong India's saving rate is close to 50% check the facts first one of the highest in the world ...

I know that India for a fact has at least 15% exports, so the maximum that consumer spending could be is 35: lower than China's percentage, much lower in absolute terms.

I know that India for a fact has at least 15% exports, so the maximum that consumer spending could be is 35: lower than China's percentage, much lower in absolute terms.

our consumer spending to GDP ration is more than 60% in comparison chinese hav around 30% ... this is a worry for th Chinese govt. that is why now chinese govt is trying to improve on consumer spending by increasing wages /// so that chinese can spend more ... india already in a safe mode but lacking in export % ... which we are trying to improve..

If I were Brazilians, I rather a living standard higher than India and China, but needn’t not to exploit Amazon to keep whatever largest economy.

Back
Top Bottom