What's new

20 Clever Inventions You Probably Didn’t Know Were Made By Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Chess
chess.jpg

image sources 1, 2

Chess developed out of Chaturanga, which is an ancient strategy board game developed during the Gupta Empire in India around the 6th century AD. Now you know why Vishwanathan Anand is such a pro, rag rag me is tarah
icon_wink.gif

Why is there a Christian cross in one of the chess piece in Hindu India ?

The Indian astronomer Aryabhata used a value of 3.1416 in his Āryabhaṭīya (499 AD)

Madhava series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The decimal number system in use today was first recorded in Indian mathematics.Indian mathematicians made early contributions to the study of the concept of zero as a number, negative numbers,arithmetic, and algebra.In addition, trigonometry was further advanced in India, and, in particular, the modern definitions of sine and cosine were developed there. These mathematical concepts were transmitted to the Middle East, China, and Europe and led to further developments that now form the foundations of many areas of mathematics.

A later landmark in Indian mathematics was the development of the series expansions for trigonometric functions (sine, cosine, and arc tangent) by mathematicians of the Kerala school in the 15th century CE.

You don't own all of it. :wacko:

they don't own it at all.They chose a different identity altogether, disconnecting themselves from being the people of the land.

Why is there a Christian cross in one of the chess piece in Hindu India ?

That's the European modification, Chess was called as Chaturanga in India which became Shatranj in Persian language before spreading to Europe.

It was, however, not one country, not a single language, religion or culture and there was neither a form of organization that woud support that there was an "India" back then.

I mean no one says that western Europe was a nation 500 years ago, despite the fact that they all had the same religion and very similar cultures.

And did every nation which existed within the borders of todays India think they were part of Bharat?

The idea of India(Bharatavarsha) existed from early Indian history. Infact, even Greece wasn't united as a nation before 1920 but you know Greece as identity and culture always existed.

they don't own it at all.They chose a different identity altogether, disconnecting themselves from being the people of the land.

I know it, Pakistani make Raja Dahir as Indian while claiming Arab invaders. My point was territorially IVC spread both into India and Pakistan.

:lol: well well when it comes to Mughals/Muslim rule Indian Hindus say they were barbaric foreigners and when it comes to owning their inventions Indians say oh well they were INDIANS.

You know Hindus don't hate Akbar the Great, its mainly the people in your country who intensely hate Akbar. :girl_wacko:

I know it, Pakistani make Raja Dahir as Indian while claiming Arab invaders. My point was territorially IVC spread both into India and Pakistan.[/quote]

:)))))))))))))))))))))0

You know Hindus don't hate Akbar the Great, its mainly the people in your country who intensely hate Akbar. :girl_wacko:

:) means Indian Hindus are ok with invasion as long as invaders play diplomatically

Hay...PUMPING IRON....Stay Calm......Enjoy the thread

Pakistani members want there inventions back
I am asking which one?
ALL OF THEM:mad:

I know it, Pakistani make Raja Dahir as Indian while claiming Arab invaders. My point was territorially IVC spread both into India and Pakistan.
AZEEEEM DANISHWAR:lol:

means Indian Hindus are ok with invasion as long as invaders play diplomatically

No it means he deserved respect, also his grandfather came as an invader, he was born in Amarkot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom