What's new

2 consecutive days of Low intensity blasts in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I agree that first the local terrorists have to be swiftly dispatched to their maker.

Unfortunately, the record of that happening in India (and Pakistan) has not been too great. Never remember the investigations into these acts coming to fruition.

May be it has to do with the ineptitude of the investigators, too much political meddling for protecting the vote banks, the terrorists not leaving enough traces, non-co-operation from the countries where they come from and hide and so on.

Even your government has asked the UN to investigate the terrorist attacks that killed BB! Sadly it is the common man who pays for this ineptitude.

Even when I talk about master minds in Pakistan, it doesn't necessarily mean Pakistani civilian government or even the support of common Pakistani. It is the terrorists like LET, JEM, JEI etc. with the active support of the elements of ISI. LET has publicly stated that they wish to strike these cities in the past. There is no reason to doubt that they are involved here!

I just hope for a black op taking out that Bas***d. Sooner than later!

First catch the local INDIAN terrorists and then decide who are the masterminds!

I mean thats like if Pakistan stops fighting the BLA and starts complaining about the Indian consulates!

Pakistan hardly has the resources to carry out such attacks at this time. Heck I hate to admit it, but if India decides to goto war with Pak today, our attitude won't be as confident as it was in the 2002 standoff.

The ONLY way I see Pakistanis taking the interest in attacking India in such a way is that if its in response to what the Indian consulates are doing in Pak.

Pakistani involvement doesn't necessarily mean Pakistani government involvement. There are a number of terrorist groups which use Pakistan as their headquarters.

What scares me most however, is that these police might arrest and frame innocent people under pressure to solve the case.

Source : http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/69682/ahmedabad-blast-threat-email-traced-to-mumbai.html

a621c7bb1da0ace645601cf281b1f71a.jpg

Rather melodramatic?

Well then know that the Pak government acknowledges these organizations as the enemy of the state.

The ISI is under the civillian umbrella now. The only outfit that would get support are the ones operating in Kashmir. To be honest they will even have the support of the common Pakistani. But stuff that happens outside of Kashmir should be acknowledged as India's internal problem of communal strife.

Someone up there said that Muslim dominated areas were hit. If that is the case, perhaps you should look into the Hindu groups who a few years ago massacred 2000 Muslims on the streets of Gujarat.

Well, atleast the mujahideen call themselves "Indian"....I mean why would they call themselves "Indian Mujahideen". It doesn't make sense. Don't they hate India?

Someone up there said that Muslim dominated areas were hit. If that is the case, perhaps you should look into the Hindu groups who a few years ago massacred 2000 Muslims on the streets of Gujarat.

Yeah...by that logic, the whole of Pakistan is a muslim area and therfore no muslim can be involved.

You should know the foolproof logic that terrorists use by now:

1. All non-muslims are obviously enemy combatants
2. If we kill any pure muslims, then its okay because they will go to heaven anyways.
3. All impure muslims are kaffir and therfore enemy combatants.

(Don't come after me for this, I have read interviews of failed suicide bombers and the like who justify their actions exactly this way)

Indian mujahideens are basically Indians fighting against the oppressive Hindus in India. I dont understand why Vinod is whining like a baby about Pakistan's involvement and the ISI. :lol:

Explosions Rock India for Second Day
By ERIC BELLMAN
July 27, 2008 1:02 a.m.

MUMBAI -- A series of 16 explosions from low-intensity bombs ripped through the city of Ahmedabad, the capital of the western Indian state of Gujarat, killing at least 29 and injuring at least 88 people, just one day after a series of seven explosions rocked the high-technology center of Bangalore in the south of the country.

Both events, coming just one day apart, serve as a reminder of how the country, despite its economic expansion in the past few years, remains vulnerable to terrorism. The attacks appear also to reinforce the recent trend of bombings in India targeted at symbolically important regional cities.

Gujarat has been a magnet for companies in the past few years, attracted by its relatively orderly and pro-business state government. Yet Ahmedabad also was the scene of massive Hindu-Muslim violence in 2002 which left more than 2,000 dead. Some of the bombs in Ahmedabad appeared targeted at civilian hospitals, according to Indian television reports, and were detonated in waves across the city Saturday evening.

In Bangalore Friday afternoon, the explosions, which also were small but well-coordinated, took place within minutes of each other and killed two people.

There were no early claims of responsibility for either series of blasts and there were no indications so far that they were connected. But terrorism is suspected.

Bangalore, a city of about six million, is the home of many of India's outsourcing and software super powers, including Infosys Technologies Ltd. and Wipro Ltd. Both companies said none of their employees were affected but they are considering tightening security. There were no reports of business operations being affected. Bangalore is also the home of large back-office research and programming operations for big international names such as Microsoft Corp., Intel Corp. and International Business Machines Corp.

Indian cities have been targets of attacks for years from Islamic terrorists as well as other violent movements across the diverse nation.
Other cities have seen much bloodier attacks. In May, a series of blasts in the popular tourist destination of Jaipur in northern India killed more than 60. In July 2006, bomb blasts tore through crowded commuter trains in Mumbai, killing more than 100. The most deadly attack was in 1993, when bombs exploded across Mumbai, targeting symbols of wealth such as hotels, offices and the Bombay Stock Exchange.

"They have been hitting the economic and technology centers purposefully," said Brahma Chellaney, a professor at the Center for Policy Research in New Delhi. "They target where India's economic growth is symbolically centered to undermine investor confidence and send out the message that they can hit anywhere."

Explosions Rock India for Second Day - WSJ.com

There was a report that a few days back the Shiv Sena activists performed a puja within Taj Mahal - claiming it to be having been built on a Shiva temple - The performers of the Puja were arrested

I know this is off topic but I couldnt help compare how the 'Hindu Fanatics' Shiv Sena has decided to express its views and how the 'Islamic fanatics' have chosen to express themselves.

Why do these always have to be 'In The Name of Allah' ?? when we dont see any clear perpetrators behind the attacks, the only name we get to see is 'Allah'. I do not see why a layman ( read - non muslims in india) not getting angry at anyone who would take the name of 'Allah' in that case!!

And a comment on the email. The email read - stop us if u can , in 5 minutes from now we will unleash terror - blaah blaah

some courage!! they mail 5 min before. They should try to come out once and face the wrath of the public. They will never have the balls to come out in open - believe me, the Shiv Sena gets my respects in this regard- atleast they have the courage to do their stuff openly. (Let me add that I am NOT supporting Shiv Sena's wrong doings here- I am just showing two different acts happening in a span of a few days!!)

QuickSilver,

The thing is that Shiv Sena being Hindus will not be arrested however any Indian Muslim even showing the intention of waging a war against a certain group will be arrested.

There was a report that a few days back the Shiv Sena activists performed a puja within Taj Mahal - claiming it to be having been built on a Shiva temple - The performers of the Puja were arrested

I know this is off topic but I couldnt help compare how the 'Hindu Fanatics' Shiv Sena has decided to express its views and how the 'Islamic fanatics' have chosen to express themselves.

Why do these always have to be 'In The Name of Allah' ?? when we dont see any clear perpetrators behind the attacks, the only name we get to see is 'Allah'. I do not see why a layman ( read - non muslims in india) not getting angry at anyone who would take the name of 'Allah' in that case!!

And a comment on the email. The email read - stop us if u can , in 5 minutes from now we will unleash terror - blaah blaah

some courage!! they mail 5 min before. They should try to come out once and face the wrath of the public. They will never have the balls to come out in open - believe me, the Shiv Sena gets my respects in this regard- atleast they have the courage to do their stuff openly. (Let me add that I am NOT supporting Shiv Sena's wrong doings here- I am just showing two different acts happening in a span of a few days!!)
Yes Hindu terrorists only massacred 2000 Muslims on the streets of Gujarat. Very admirable.

Well then know that the Pak government acknowledges these organizations as the enemy of the state.

The ISI is under the civillian umbrella now. The only outfit that would get support are the ones operating in Kashmir. To be honest they will even have the support of the common Pakistani. But stuff that happens outside of Kashmir should be acknowledged as India's internal problem of communal strife.

It was me who said that the bombs were placed near Muslim dominated areas, not in them. The intention was to kill Hindu civilians while also inciting riots and communal strife and attract revenge attacks on Muslims.

These attacks have nothing to do with Kashmir. Its just a red herring. The aim is to establish an Islamic rule in India. The likes of LET have nothing to do with kashmiris or Kashmiriyat, they are just Islamic terrorists, plain and simple and need to be treated and crushed as such.

This talk of communal strife as the cause these attacks is laughable. The communal position is far netter than it was in the 1990s or even earlier.

QuickSilver,

The thing is that Shiv Sena being Hindus will not be arrested however any Indian Muslim even showing the intention of waging a war against a certain group will be arrested.

Puhleeze....gimme a break.

Yes Hindu terrorists only massacred 2000 Muslims on the streets of Gujarat. Very admirable.

Yeah, just like 3 million fellow muslims were slaughtered in Bangladesh.

Please don't derail the thread, and don't justify terror acts as some sort of sordid revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom