What's new

1971 war crimes: Bangladesh set to hang JI leader

They could have executed him under a local court long ago. It would have been easy. Especially that the AL was in power during the mid-90's. No drama about these matters back then.

Is AL testing the waters before going after the bigger fish? It's a possibility. This is a way of weakening the opposition while maintaining a degree of political leverage. Hasina wants power, no doubt.

It is interesting to note that both the AL and Jamaat cooperated against the regime of H.M. Ershad during the 80's.

How can you weaken the opposition by getting rid of religious leaders/war-criminals, doesn't seem like something which would deal a grievous wound to BNP or anything.

How can you weaken the opposition by getting rid of religious leaders/war-criminals, doesn't seem like something which would deal a grievous wound to BNP or anything.
he is not religious leader :stop:

Well, JI are a BNP ally. They have been so ever since the start. And still is.

The general reason for this was because the BNP as an individual party was smaller than the AL. So, they combined forces with Jamaat.

he is not religious leader :stop:

Well people seem to treat him like one, alluding that his death will be a blow to the religious leadership in BD.

Well, JI are a BNP ally. They have been so ever since the start. And still is.

The general reason for this was because the BNP as an individual party was smaller than the AL. So, they combined forces with Jamaat.

So far though no one else has been handed the death sentence, right?

I
bro i ask you one question, is this guy innocent ? did no war crime ?
just answer my question. (i am asking you as a person)
I am asking you ,too.did you see him kill anyone with your own eyes? Can you prove it?

Back
Top Bottom