What's new

1971 war crimes: Bangladesh set to hang JI leader

Read my post carefully idune, before jumping.

Jamaat's issue was initially not about how the elections are to be conducted. It is specifically about the legitimacy of this 'trial'. And since they are BNP allies, they also support calls for CTG.

I did not cheer over his death. Rather, I am indifferent. The man means nothing. While Shibir will hit back on the streets over a dead person.

My opinions about the Shahbagis remain unchanged. Let's see how Hasina tries to hang on to power.

Does it look silly? Yes, it does. Bangladeshis can only watch in helplessness.

I have read your statement very carefully and made my comments equally. If the "man" Kader Mollah mean anything is NOT the point, POINT is man was killed without proving his guilt and due process. Please, who are you kidding when you put laughing emoticon? You are increasingly drifting away from simple human decency with such statements.

His fate has done a mockery with him, at first prison sentence, then life sentence, then the drama of chance of survival, then hanged!

Why so sad guys?? He will have plenty of company out there, I mean there is no shortage of his kind of people where he reached.. :enjoy:

He is alleged to have killed 350 people in 1971 but the prosecution could not prove a single murder conclusively. Morons on PDF celebrate a judicial murder.

:angry:

It is very likley he did not kill anyone in 1971 but the information we have is derived from Indian war propaganda and everyone still condemns him without proof or evidence.

He is alleged to have killed 350 people in 1971 but the prosecution could not prove a single murder conclusively. Morons on PDF celebrate a judicial murder.

:angry:
bro i ask you one question, is this guy innocent ? did no war crime ?
just answer my question. (i am asking you as a person)

I have read your statement very carefully and made my comments equally. If the "man" Kader Mollah mean anything is NOT the point, POINT is man was killed without proving his guilt and due process.

Of-course, the trial was a farce. Absolutely no due process and complete and utter disregard.

There were people around me saying Bangladesh is a sovereign nation, and can do whatever it likes. But they forget that this is under the ICC. They don't understand how this basically works.

And understand very little about the geopolitical reality. Though, they have a poor opinion of the BNP and AL. However, this is a classic case of what one would call, the 'Matrix effect'.

The old man became a star overnight. He was never really well known among anyone. I don't even know that man.

Please, who are you kidding when you put laughing emoticon? You are increasingly drifting away from simple human decency with such statements.

Call me shallow if you'd like. I just find it ridiculous over so much drama over this. From both the Awamis and to some extent, Shibir. The media displaying them as violent terrorists is not going to help them in positive light.

I not the kind of person who carries around scars of the past like what those retarded Awamis and Shahbagis do. Or even some hardliner Indians.

Nonetheless I move on. Not move backwards like what those people are doing. And I'd give the same advice to others as well.

If things continue the way they are under the AL, gradual and growing sanctions are a possibility. This process will happen slowly given that the AL remains in power, and does things their own way.

Notice how the international community did not put a stop to the execution even with requests not to execute him, and how the trial was full of holes. Now, that speaks volume.

The EU may impose tariffs on RMG products from Bangladesh if their concerns are not addressed. And that would hit its economy hard. That would only be the beginning though.

Who pays the price? Bangladeshis.

And if they are to pay that price, then let them. Let them learn the hard way. Let them fail their way, and perhaps one day rise up while leaving the bad ones in the ashes of history.

Their passiveness and tolerance to criminals ruling over them would become their folly. That is, given that the AL continues to do things its way. And the general people continue to tolerate the reality the AL created for them.

Last edited:
Thankfully I have both Tata Sky and the local cable!
You cant imagine what drama just unfolded on TV.
I dunno how only "Maasranga" got exclusive digs on coverage (post hanging)!

Shibir will exert its full force today....

And now the Ershad uncle drama is unfolding!

International SOS will give info regarding whether expats should evacuate temporarily or not:eek:

why are you jumping in joy.. :)
may the man get his share of hoors ... :hang3:

@BDforever Who's next on the list?

@Loki If the old bearded one was a relatively unknown entity then what possible political gain could be accrued by making him swing, surely a better known perpetrator of atrocities back from the 71 days should have deserved the noose? Or is this just AL's way of testing the waters before taking the plunge to snag the bigger fish?

@Loki If the old bearded one was a relatively unknown entity then what possible political gain could be accrued by making him swing, surely a better known perpetrator of atrocities back from the 71 days should have deserved the noose? Or is this just AL's way of testing the waters before taking the plunge to snag the bigger fish?

They could have executed him under a local court long ago. It would have been easy. Especially that the AL was in power during the mid-90's. No drama about these matters back then.

Is AL testing the waters before going after the bigger fish? It's a possibility. This is a way of weakening the opposition while maintaining a degree of political leverage. Hasina wants power, no doubt.

It is interesting to note that both the AL and Jamaat cooperated against the regime of H.M. Ershad during the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom