What's new

19 Days After Crash, IAF MiG-29 Pilot Declared Dead

Alright I got it;The sole winter jacket mess outfit for the IAF;

Dress%20No%209.gif

Heheh.I know.INS Garuda personnel were under my dada's command...never seen a IAF pilot in all whites in my life I tell you...

Then its obvious that you have never seen a Mess Night. Maybe your Dad did sometime in his career.

Then its obvious that you have never seen a Mess Night. Maybe your Dad did sometime in his career.

It ain't obvious.The All whites is the Navy Uniform,Period.Even the IAF mess uniform shown above has to observe blue trousers.

I have being attending Mess nights since 14 Boi!!! You needn't tell me

R.I.P to the pilot....

@cyphercide:
Remains of missing IAF pilot found..

After almost three weeks, the Indian Air Force search and rescue party has managed to retrieve what appears to be the remains of IAF pilot D S Tomar whose ill-fated MiG-29 crashed in Lahaul Valley in Himachal Pradesh on October 18 night.

The human remains were sent for medical tests. Once the tests are completed, the results would be matched with the pilot’s medical records kept in Bangalore to confirm the death, said a spokesperson of the Western Air Command here. The pilot’s family in Adampur and Gwalior has been informed.

The IAF top brass is more or less certain that Tomar too perished in the accident, for reasons still unknown. The ill-fated MiG-29 was on a night mission after taking off from Adampur for Jalandhar in Punjab.

Located about 15,000 feet above the sea level, the crash site is close to Chokhang village in Himachal Pradesh. Several components of the aircraft had been found under the snow and debris. A team of experienced mountaineers are searching for the black box in harsh conditions.
Remains of missing IAF pilot found

I have being attending Mess nights since 14 Boi!!! You needn't tell me

Children are not permitted during Dinning-in-Nights. The pilot was wearing ceremonial dress worn during dinning-in-nights.

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Most likely CFIT then.

It seems most likely that it indeed was.But lets wait for investigations to get over.

Children are not permitted during Dinning-in-Nights. The pilot was wearing ceremonial dress worn during dinning-in-nights.

Heheh.Naah man,the only place off limits to children was the officer's pub.

PS# I will call my Papa and solve this mystery by tomorrow dawn.

Heheh.Naah man,the only place off limits to children was the officer's pub.

Officer's Pub? What on earth is that? For a "service brat", the terminology you use is unusual!
And Blackjack is correct. Kids are not permitted to attend "Dining in Nights/Mess Nights". Unless the CO and the Mess Secretary in this instance happen to be unusually slack/sloppy !

PS# I will call my Papa and solve this mystery by tomorrow dawn.

Do that. Some light may dawn.

photo.php

For The Brave Soul Who Is Not With Us Any More . (Sq Leader Dharmendra Tomar)

A Fighter Pilot Never Dies .
The Fighter In Him Never Dies .
He is always Up There
Ruling and Guarding Our Skies

Missing MiG-29 pilot dead, burnt remains found

Burnt remains of the pilot of the ill-fated MiG-29 fighter aircraft have been found by IAF search teams, 19 days after the plane crashed in Lahaul Valley in Himachal Pradesh.

Some remains of 32-year-old Squadron Leader Dharmendra Singh Tomar, who hails from Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh, were found in the cockpit near the Gangstang glacier in Kherot village in the Chokhang hills at an altitude of 15,000-17,000 feet on Saturday, Western Air Command spokesman Wing Commander S K Mehta told PTI in Delhi.

“Some more parts of the engine, wings and cockpit, but smaller in size, have been recovered in the area. Now the search is on to locate the Flight Data Recorder (black box),” he said.

“The exact reasons of the crash would only be known only after the inquiry is over and ground search teams are looking for the Flight Data Recorder,” he said.

The last village on this route is Kherot after which the area is identified as Chokhang Hills, Mehta said.

The evidences have been sent for forensic examination and the family members of Tomar, who are camping at Adampur air base, have been informed about the development, he said.

Tomar is married to Neha, a housewife and they have a two-and-a-half year-old son, Veer.

“We are not believing the news. Our hopes are still alive. We are waiting for further information,” Tomar’s brother Shiloo told PTI from the Adampur air base. “The entire family is praying for my brother,” he said.

IAF’s Search and Rescue team had reached the accident site nine days after the MiG-29, which was on a routine training mission, crashed on the night of October 18.

The search and rescue mission was hampered due to bad weather and fresh snow fall in the area. Identification of the site where the plane had crashed and collection of the debris has been a very difficult task, he said.

The MiG-29 was on a night mission after taking off from Adampur for Jalandhar.

In order to locate the wreckage, IAF had launched a massive search operation and had flown different types of aircraft including Sukhoi-30 MKI, AN-32 transport plane and helicopters over the area.

Satellite imageries were also used to gain information of the aircraft as fresh snow fall and bad weather had slowed down the mission.
The Hindu : News / National : Missing MiG-29 pilot dead, burnt remains found

Why didnt he eject?!? malfuntion? which seats r used on indian jets? russian or martin baker etc? western?

Why didnt he eject?!? malfuntion? which seats r used on indian jets? russian or martin baker etc? western?
even thought i am not sure,i think
diffrent palnes in iaf have different types of ejection seats.
i think mig-29 used a Zvezda K-36DM zero-zero ejection seat.

Search for MiG-29 pilot continues

MANALI: Though the Indian Air Force (IAF) and military personnel have found a small piece of flesh from the MiG-29 crash site but it is not confirmed that it belongs to human, so the search and rescue operation is on to find the pilot, a press release from Lahaul-Spiti deputy commissioner stated on Monday.

According to a release, defence personnel have succeeded in finding the wreckage of plane that crashed on Gangstang glacier on October 18 but did not get success in finding the pilot.

"Search teams have found only an organ which has been sent for forensic examination. It is yet to ascertain whether the organ belongs to human body or not. IAF is continuing with its search operation to locate the pilot and black box," deputy commissioner Rajeev Shankar said.

Search operation at Gangstang glacier has been stopped for two days owing to acute shortage of oxygen at their base camp No-2 situated at a height of 14,200 feet. Keylong (Lahaul-Spiti) deputy superintendent of police Khajana Ram said teams have descended down to camp No-1, which is built at a height of around 10,000 feet.

"Operation has been stopped temporarily due to low oxygen level at crash site. They would again start digging the snow from Wednesday," he said.

Back
Top Bottom