What's new

19 Days After Crash, IAF MiG-29 Pilot Declared Dead

i can see why india is acquiring western planes instead.

Russian planes are reliable, and designed to operate in harsh environments.

RIP to pilot. MiG crashes are relatively rare. How old are those MiGs the IAF are using?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

even thought i am not sure,i think
diffrent palnes in iaf have different types of ejection seats.
i think mig-29 used a Zvezda K-36DM zero-zero ejection seat.

Soviet ejection seats are the best. Even the Americans admitted that. Perhaps he wasn't quick enough, or the conditions for ejection were unfavorable.

Russian ejection seats are much better then western (Martin Baker) , even a documentary on Ejection seats by Discovery , had said that Russian ejection seats have lesser injury to the pilot ejected .

I think it was a Pilot error due to low flying over night .reason been that one engine was found quite some km away , from the broken cockpit area , pilot had little or no time for ejections and remember it was an air exercise , that to at night . night piloting is difficult for even the best loot of pilots from any air force .

RIP to Pilot n condolence to his family

Russian planes are reliable, and designed to operate in harsh environments.

RIP to pilot. MiG crashes are relatively rare. How old are those MiGs the IAF are using?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Soviet ejection seats are the best. Even the Americans admitted that. Perhaps he wasn't quick enough, or the conditions for ejection were unfavorable.

The 29s atre about 25 years old but are undergoing a massive UPG currently. These sort of accidents are rare but when they do happen devestating because of the tiny margin of error these pilots fly with. Coupled to this this was a NIGHT exercise and held in MOUNTAINOUS terrain at low level. You really couldn't have designed a more dangerous scenario, it is a credit to the excellence and professionalism of the IAF that they don't have similar accidents more often.

RIP air warrior.

Tragic waste of potential.

+ I don't think enouh has been made of the search effort made to locate this pilot and the plane. The dedication they showed was exceptional and truly highlighted the brotherhood the armed forces strive to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom