What's new

17 Caucasus cities seek annexation to Iran: Lawmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rostam

Reaction score
17 Caucasus cities seek annexation to Iran: Lawmaker

soori20130404143023883.jpg

An Iranian lawmaker says the people of 17 cities across Caucasus are interested in their cities getting annexed to the Islamic Republic of Iran.

The 17 Caucasus cities, including the Azeri capital city of Baku, were separated from Iran under the rule of the Qajar dynasty.

“A movement has started for the annexation of 17 cities in Caucasus, including [some] Azeri cities, to our country, and we hope this goal would be achieved through cooperation of people and all-out support of international bodies,” said Mansour Haqiqatpour, a member of Iran Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Committee, in a Wednesday interview.

Haqiqatpour slammed the recent forum of the separatist and anti-Iran South Azerbaijan National Liberation Movement held in the Republic of Azerbaijan.

The Iranian lawmaker noted that young people in Iran’s Azari provinces, including in the northwestern cities of Ardebil, Tabriz, Orumieh and Zanjan, are prepared to respond to the treacherous measure of the Azerbaijan officials and declare their readiness to take back the Iranian cities which were separated from Iran under the rule of the Qajar dynasty.

He went on to say that annexation of the 17 Caucasus cities is quite serious, adding, “A meeting will be also held in this regard in the Caucasus region.”

The lawmaker described Iran-Azerbaijan relations as “weak and lower than average,” noting that the Azeri officials keep downgrading bilateral ties because “development of relations with Iran is certainly not to their benefit.”

Haqiqatpour pointed to his correspondence with the Azeri lawmakers, noting that the Azeri legislators have not provided any clear response to nine letters he has already sent them.

PressTV - 17 Caucasus cities seek annexation to Iran: Lawmaker

Lets see some written statements from at least one of the 17 cities.
This is just onesided if there are no others confirming it.
I am sure Baku is glad to be a part of Iran,do either one of you realise how that sounds?
Baku?
I would like to see comments from ERA and UHUHU on this matter.

I my motherland! I am a resident of Arran !
Arran my blood ! I am a representative of Arran ! I - Arran !

help - we free (win, freedom) !

MZ26bmMzzaE.jpg

Arran - are Albania (Caucasian Albania / Arran / Shirvan / Lezgistan / Lekiya/ Dagestan / Talyshstan / Avaristan / Tati, etc.) !

ze6a95KvkLc.jpg

omGIMynzj4Y.jpg

but there was a tragedy!
Turkish army (formerly the Ottoman army) - staged many genocides - and attacks - in the Caucasus, Transcaucasia, Caucasians!
FgeX2h6M3HQ.jpg

destroying our people, the army, the elite!
Turkey - creates an artificial "Azerbaijan 1918"! the horror! damn! Astafirllah! devils they are!

other materials:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/225101-news-caucasian-albania-lezgistan.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/224278-imam-yaraliev-dagestanis-derbent-5000-years.html
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-introduction/225112-salaam-lezgins.html

We will refund Arran (Caucasian Albania !) ! Insha'Allah !

Freedom of Arran (Caucasian Albania !) !

who-is-next.jpg

VIDEO
vk.com/video137523598_164669251
http://vk.com/video137523598_164669251
http://vk.com/video133773303_164470444
VIDEO
http://www.ex.ua/view_storage/214448296488
MZ26bmMzzaE.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...olchis,_Iberia,_Albania,_Etc.jpg ?uselang=ru
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0% D0%BD.gif?uselang=ru
http://www.talish.info/2/taloish11.jpg

header8.jpg

lezgistan.tv
flnka.ru
antituran.com
tarnama.org
xocali.net
tolishpress.org
vk.com/public43930386
facebook.com/pages/Lezgistan-is-not-Azerbaijan/137380343013562
facebook.com/Lezgistan
Interesting sites are right (and others)
defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/224278-imam-yaraliev-dagestanis-derbent-5000-years.html
http://www.islamdag.ru/lichnosti/2645
http://www.defence.pk/forums/europe-russia/225101-news-caucasian-albania-lezgistan.html

Freedom Lezgistan!
Freedom Talyshistan!
Freedom Avaristan!
Freedom Tati!
Liberty Karabakh!
Freedom Caucasian Kurdistan
!Freedom of Caucasian Albania - Lezgistan!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard-Line Tehran Daily Says Azerbaijan Should Hold Referendum On Joining Iran
Iran’s ultra-hard-line “Kayhan” daily, which is said to reflect the views of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, has called for a public referendum in Azerbaijan to decide whether the country should join the Islamic Republic.

The call is the latest sign of deteriorating ties between Tehran and Baku and follows a March 30 conference in Baku organized by groups seeking independence for Iran’s sizable Azeri minority, which includes prominent figures such as Ayatollah Khamenei and opposition leader Mir Hossein Musavi.

Speakers at the conference, whose title has been rendered in English as “Tomorrow of the Contemporary Southern Azerbaijan,” reportedly said that Iran faces a dire political future because of sanctions and international pressure, and predicted that the northwestern provinces -- which they referred to as “Southern Azerbaijan” -- will “inevitably” become independent.

Reports say the conference, which was organized by the so-called National Liberation Front of Southern Azerbaijan, was attended by activists, academics, and former Azerbaijani officials. Current Azerbaijani government officials were reportedly not present at the conference.

A participant was quoted as saying by the Turan news agency that “If the Iranian government loses control, the National Movement is ready to take control of Southern Azerbaijan.”

Azeri separatists, who have little support among Iranians, refer to Iran’s East and West Azerbaijan provinces as “Southern Azerbaijan,” suggesting they need to be liberated from Iran.

Swift Response

Iran’s Foreign Ministry’s response to the conference was swift. It summoned the Azerbaijani ambassador to Tehran and warned him that such provocations could “seriously” damage relations between the two countries.

In a letter to the ambassador, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Asia and Pacific Affairs Abbas Araqchi said comments against “Iran’s sovereignty and territorial integrity” were made at the conference. “Threatening and biased words, publishing false notes and distributing offensive images in this meeting were provocative acts which only satisfy the Zionist interests,” Araqchi wrote.

“Kayhan’s” managing editor, Hossein Shariatmadari -- who is thought to often speak for Khamenei – took the dispute one step further.

In an op-ed piece titled, “Baku’s Turn,” Shariatmadari said Iran should step in to “save” the people of Azerbaijan by proposing to Azerbaijani officials that a referendum be held on the question of joining the Islamic republic. He called his proposal “the most basic step toward democracy.”

Shariatmadari argued that Azerbaijan’s citizens see themselves as separated from the Islamic Republic of Iran and are eager to join the country.

He said the fact that only a “few” people attended the conference was proof that Azerbaijani nationals are tired of the open and hidden influence of “Zionists” in their country.

“The … conference was one of hundreds of joint measures by Zionists and some Azerbaijani officials to counter the sense of solidarity the people of Azerbaijan feel with Islamic Iran, and to prevent the outburst of these religious and cultural feelings,” he wrote.

Deteriorating Relations

On April 4, Azerbaijan's Foreign Ministry addressed the controversy by saying that the views expressed at the March 30 conference don't represent the government's official position.

"Azerbaijan has repeatedly stated that it plans to continue friendly relations with Iran and does its best to strengthen them," Foreign Ministry spokesman Elman Abdullayev was quoted as saying by Azerbaijani news sites.

Relations have deteriorated in recent months over Baku’s strong ties with Israel, which sells weapons and defense equipment to Azerbaijan.

Azerbaijan has denied claims that it has agreed to allow Israel to use its bases to launch a preemptive attack against Iran’s nuclear facilities.

The conviction of a dozen people in connection with an alleged Iranian-linked spy network, and even last year’s Eurovision contest in Azerbaijan, have heightened tensions between the two neighboring oil-rich countries.

In February 2012, Tehran accused Baku of assisting Israel’s Mossad in a series of assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists. Azerbaijan called the accusations “absurd" and "slander."

Hard-Line Tehran Daily Says Azerbaijan Should Hold Referendum On Joining Iran

Iran’s ultra-hard-line “Kayhan” daily, which is said to reflect the views of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, has called for a public referendum in Azerbaijan to decide whether the country should join the Islamic Republic.

Since when the Iranian zealots and their supporters gives a fvck what people actually want? Had they given a damn, half of Iran would have joined Azerbaijan long time ago. I find their confidence hilarious though :D

Since when the Iranian zealots and their supporters gives a fvck what people actually want? Had they given a damn, half of Iran would have joined Azerbaijan long time ago. I find their confidence hilarious though :D

As an Iranian Azeri I find your post ridiculous! I am an Iranian, and if anyone has to "join" anyone :D its Aran which was and is part of Greater Iran, not the other way around.

Iranian military nuclear capability ensures the security and integrity of Iranian territories and in due time all Iranians will be able to rejoin mother land..

Iranian military nuclear capability ensures the security and integrity of Iranian territories and in due time all Iranians will be able to rejoin mother land..

As an Azeri I can easily get entry Visa to Aran, I went there once at the time they were preparing for Eurovision, all I saw, was a poor corrupt country, that despite having lots of natural resources, its people are still hungry, and price of food and other necessities are so high that some of them travel to Iran to buy Iranian products! :) Mod Edit

Oh and I forgot to mention that Aran population is only 9 million and is under no international sanctions!

As an Azeri I can easily get entry Visa to Aran, I went there once at the time they were preparing for Eurovision, all I saw, was a poor corrupt country, that despite having lots of natural resources, its people are still hungry, and price of food and other necessities are so high that some of them travel to Iran to buy Iranian products! :) Mod Edit

Mod Edit ...Those who does not agree with these zealots might find themselves waiting in a dark cell, to be hanged from cranes in public.

Mod Edit ...Those who does not agree with these zealots might find themselves waiting in a dark cell, to be hanged from cranes in public.

You speak of democracy, yet Turkey is the world's biggest prison for journalists, then according to your own logic: Turkey is the World's largest garbage hole :)

https://en.rsf.org/turkey-turkey-world-s-biggest-prison-for-19-12-2012,43816.html

Some people's minds have been poisoned by Western media bullsh!ts, this is expected. However, as an independent person, who have travelled to many countries, I can recognize hypocrisies and lies better than people who haven't done so.

You speak of democracy, yet Turkey is the world's biggest prison for journalists, then according to your own logic: Turkey is the World's largest garbage hole :)

https://en.rsf.org/turkey-turkey-world-s-biggest-prison-for-19-12-2012,43816.html

Some people's minds have been poisoned by Western media bullsh!ts, this is expected. However, as an independent person, who have travelled to many countries, I can recognize hypocrisies and lies better than people who haven't done so.

Unlike Iran where only the pro-zealot media are allowed to oparate in order to continuation of the brainwashing of the Iranians, lots of alternative sources of information are at our disposal here in Turkey, and every one of them suggests that Iran is a "garbage hole" as you like to call it :)

Unlike Iran where only the pro-zealot media are allowed to oparate in order to continuation of the brainwashing of the Iranians, lots of alternative sources of information are at our disposal here in Turkey, and every one of them suggests that Iran is a "garbage hole" as you like to call it :)

Mate it is PRESS TV..I am surprised that you took that article serious :D

Iranians have access to alternative news outlets, whether Iranian government likes it or not. However, people decide for themselves on what to believe in, that is the freedom you can't withhold with force, and up until now Iranians have decided to believe in the current government, rather than to rest their fates in the hands of the outsiders.

I'm afraid, that I and other Iranians don't put too much value in the Turkish "news" its neither interesting nor important for us. And if I were a Turkish news outlet, I would worry more about the fate of my own country, rather than the "failed" state of Iran. :)

@BronzePlaque Open your eyes. Its reporters without borders, and even if it was Press TV I would still trust it more than anything Turkish "media" has to say!
@TurAr A little faster man! I need to go :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom