What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

So people who dislike india and want to have normal, friendly relations with Pakistan are "razkars" what gives you indians the right to call people razkars? Do you see Pakistanis go around calling indian muslims razkars or traitors cause they chose to stay in india rather then go to Pakistan?

People who are born in India and abuse India are traitors. People who want India to be again a colony of the British are Razakars.

And another thing, if there will be any war between BD and India, then I do not think every Bangladeshi will work for Bangladesh, especially, the Hindu people. Because they have some different view and feeling. So there is nothing to make a national issue now after 40 years for few people who were loyal to his existing country.

They did not even fight against Pakistan in 1971 when they were the worst sufferer. The biggest question is WHY? Dont you think we muslim supposed to be blamed for?

The matter of pride comes from the expectation and personal choices that someone has to his country and own culture. Also everyone's ideology are not same. I do not want to confine my ideological view in banglali-based ideology only. Personally, I do not like something (like AL-type thinking) about my own country too. But if I ever see any of my countrymen or my country is in any trouble then I think I must work for my countrymen and country.

This makes very confusing reading. Certainly, everyone's ideology is not the same.

Certainly, class warfare is a tenet of some ideologies, sometimes, not always, combined with internationalism. Is that your belief system?

If it is not, and yet it is not Bengali ethnic loyalty, what are your political views exactly? What is then left out and available to be upheld?

Is it the concept of the state, ruled by a strong man, supported by the military, empowered to mobilise the commercial and corporate sectors to further the mission and strengthen the One Leader?

Is it a religious concept, a homeland for Bengalis who happen to be Muslim?

"...everyone's ideology is not the same..."

If it is not too must trouble, could you say what is your ideology?

And another thing, if there will be any war between BD and India, then I do not think every Bangladeshi will work for Bangladesh, especially, the Hindu people. Because they have some different view and feeling. So there is nothing to make a national issue now after 40 years for few people who were loyal to his existing country.

Are your views packaged and wrapped in that statement above? Is that what it is, finally?

Last edited:
They did not even fight against Pakistan in 1971 when they were the worst sufferer. The biggest question is WHY? Dont you think we muslim supposed to be blamed for?

No, may be Hindus never could love BD wholeheartedly for having the Muslim majority here. May be Hindus did not feel like patriot freedom fighters. May be Hindus just wanted to be safe or to escape.

And how Rajakars are treated as well! ;)

You need ask to La-hasina that how does it feel to give her daughter to son of a self proclaimed Razakar and yes he did killed a lot Hindus. Don't come up with any other logic because this truth is the truth. :smokin:

If it is not too must trouble, could you say what is your ideology?

Are your views packaged and wrapped in that statement above? Is that what it is, finally?

1. I do not believe that I must have to like everything of my native culture. I may dislike some rites and norms which are followed in our Bangali culture, and also I may prefer somethings from other cultures more than ours.

Again, to some people, 1971 is their ideology but to me it was an incident. They want to build Bangladesh on basis of 1971-based ideology, but I think in different way. I would like to see a time-and situation based ideology. I mean my ideology believes in changing ideology which may be blend of different ideologies. I do not like to cling only with 1971's ideology or what Mujib or AL or our people thought 40 years ago.

2. yes, I think so. I mentioned that I think.

Last edited:
You bangladeshis have your own country so please go back. We don't like illegal criminal bangladeshis in Maharashtra. Shiv Sena should kick them out!

Can India show us by a documentary video on how much illegal Bangladeshis are in India. Make sure they are claiming themselves as Bangladeshi, and they are specifically giving their address in Bangladesh. We will go to those area in BD respectively to ask other Bangladeshis or their relatives whether they are Bangladeshi or not and whether they know those illegal immigrants or not. lol.

Last edited:
sir answer is there,
two factors
1) our poor and visionless and carpetbegger leadership that was unable to keep balance and harmony that provided anti PAKISTAN elements to execute their evil plans
2) indian agents under cover of bangali nationalsim that raised racisl jealousy among our bangali brothers and poor handling of that issue by our power hungry leaders worstened the situation and led to legtimacy of thsoe separatist movements ...

I, like many other Bangladeshis, would accept your 1st point. But, we cannot accept your 2nd point. India had no role in our politics or to create an anti-Pakistan sentiment before 1971. West Pakistani troops' heineous behaviour was enpugh to do that.

When a man's hand slaps his own face, how he can blame others? So, why blame India for 1971? Blame your generals and politicians like Ayub Khan, Z. A. Bhutto and Yahya Khan instead of blaming India. These leaders forced us to get help from an eager India.

How could we have stopped ourselves when the troops were killing any one who could hold a rifle. Pakistani troops unnecessarily machinegunned our Police in Razarbaag HQ who had only a few bullets in their .303 rifles. Your troops were killing Bangali troops in Punjab, Baluch and Bengal Regiments. Many thousands of startled Bangali troops were suddenly disarmed and killed point blank.

Don't you think that these were enough reasons to seek help from an willing India who was an enemy of our enemy?

You need ask to La-hasina that how does it feel to give her daughter to son of a self proclaimed Razakar and yes he did killed a lot Hindus. Don't come up with any other logic because this truth is the truth. :smokin:

uahmedblog_1198948254_1-Imrozblog_1198739298_1-rajakar.jpg

:lol:

1. I do not believe that I must have to like everything of my native culture. I may dislike some rites and norms which are followed in our Bangali culture, and also I may prefer somethings from other cultures more than ours.

Makes perfect sense. No issues with this point of view at all.

Again, to some people, 1971 is their ideology but to me it was an incident. They want to build Bangladesh on basis of 1971-based ideology, but I think in different way. I would like to see a time-and situation based ideology. I mean my ideology believes in changing ideology which may be blend of different ideologies. I do not like to cling only with 1971's ideology or what Mujib or AL or our people thought 40 years ago.

Again, what you are saying is logical enough, but I have a quarrel about your definitions. You are referring, not to ideology, but to policy. Policy can, and should change from time to time. Ideology should not be quite so flexible, although there is definitely reason to modify one's ideology if material conditions change.

2. yes, I think so. I mentioned that I think.

There is a lot that is implied here. From your answers, I suspect that these implications may not have been quite apparent. I am therefore drafting a comment with some care, not to be misunderstood by you or by others. Bear with me while I put it together.

Bangladeshis are ashamed of their home country so that wont do. There are numerous facts claiming there are millions of illegal bangladeshis in India. These illegal criminals are worst than illegal Afghanis in Pakistan or illegal Mexicans in America!

Poor argument.

When you say there are numerous facts, then you as well should show the facts, else the facts are void.

Skies said:
Just wondering, what would happen if Japan rant for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Has US apologized yet?

Japan was bombed for a reason, the US does not have to apologize. Japan is the one which should giving apologies.

No, may be Hindus never could love BD wholeheartedly for having the Muslim majority here. May be Hindus did not feel like patriot freedom fighters. May be Hindus just wanted to be safe or to escape.

It is majorities' responsibility to make the minorities' to feel it's their home. If not then there is something wrong from majorities' part

dhakafaiz1.jpg

Faiz Ahmed Faiz wrote this when he returned from a visit of Dhaka after East Pakistan Separation and Bangladesh Independence.

Eng translation for those who cant read urdu.

url

Last edited:
dhakafaiz1.jpg

Faiz Ahmed Faiz wrote this when he returned from a visit of Dhaka after East Pakistan Separation and Bangladesh Independence.

Eng translation for those who cant read urdu.

url

Awami League proposed to celebrate the 100th birth anniversy together with pakistan of Some Poet of Pakistan. Is it Faiz Ahmed Faiz??

Back
Top Bottom