What's new

153 Indian refugees at risk as their boat leaks en-route to Australia.

Those refugees are not Indian I think........they are those who come to India penniless.......

We still have many problems to solve... we are still a developing country. No one with a healthy brain will deny that we have much work ahead of us.

Migration in order to escape poverty is nothing new. Hundreds of thousands migrate to more prosperous states in the west and south of India or to other countries... but this is new to me.

Lets wait and see what the real motivations were for them.
Thank you for your reply! I am sorry but I am unaware of Indian social situation as the country is large so reading anything in the newspaper will never give me the full pircture...But I was a little curious...whats new to you?! The fact that the South also migrate? The only thing about the South that I do know is that they have highest literacy rate...

indians will soon claim these people escaping abject indian poverty as "indian colombus"; going for discovery of Australia.:omghaha:

indians will soon claim these people escaping abject indian poverty as "indian colombus"; going for discovery of Australia.:omghaha:
Those refugees are Bangladeshis who came to India illegally and penniless....... due to recent pressure from Indian govt. they are fleeing from India........

Did anybody there claim that there is no poverty in India? If so, he or she was wrong.

Don't Pakistanis also say good things about their country? Does that mean that it is a Utopia where no problem of any sort exists?
I think that was me that Talon claims was "fighting their *** off about great India"

And nowhere did I even imply that we are some great country. We were talking about refugees and how there are many refugees who come to India from neighbouring countries fleeing from persecution. Heck infact I even clearly said we are a poor country which is overpopulated and has limited resources.

But the mind sees what it wants to see.

There's no civil war or genocide going on in India, so there are no Indian refugees. My job is to deal with refugees since past 4 years at centrelink & I'm yet to meet an Indian refugee. These are definitely Srilankan Tamil refugees.

Let them drown, illegal aliens are a problem all over the world. Those who think this is okay way to enter a country bring it upon themselves. They become a burden for the host countries.

I think that was me that Talon claims was "fighting their *** off about great India"

And nowhere did I even imply that we are some great country. We were talking about refugees and how there are many refugees who come to India from neighbouring countries fleeing from persecution. Heck infact I even clearly said we are a poor country which is overpopulated and has limited resources.

But the mind sees what it wants to see.
Yes like what you saw on that thread :enjoy:

Let them drown, illegal aliens are a problem all over the world. Those who think this is okay way to enter a country bring it upon themselves. They become a burden for the host countries.
I dont think we are anyone to decide anything for a country that is miles away and refugees that are not ours! :enjoy:

When you stoop to making this a competition about how much crap you can throw then there is no use talking to you!
Except that I didn't. The point was that I am not interested in such competitions.

Yes like what you saw on that thread :enjoy:

I dont think we are anyone to decide anything for a country that is miles away and refugees that are not ours! :enjoy:

I am saying because here in US we also have a big illegal alien problem. Recently 40k illegal children from Central America tried to enter the US they luckily were apprehended and will be deported. Illegal aliens are a problem for many countries in the world, and those perpetrators create a burden for the host countries they illegally enter. I hate illegals.

Except that I didn't. The point was that I am not interested in such competitions.
But you suggested that you can bring up some....I never even went that far!

I am saying because here in US we also have a big illegal alien problem. Recently 40k illegal children from Central America tried to enter the US they luckily were apprehended and will be deported. Illegal aliens are a problem for many countries in the world, and those perpetrators create a burden for the host countries they illegally enter. I hate illegals.
fair enough for me people are people first illegal second ...but yea not every country can deal with thousands coming in every now and then...there should be a limit!

But you suggested that you can bring up some....I never even went that far!

fair enough for me people are people first illegal second ...but yea not every country can deal with thousands coming in every now and then...there should be a limit!

Countries have a priority to take care of their citizens first, illegals are criminals that wish to illegally enter a country, they are undocumented, they can bring disease (which has happened on US border) and look at Afghanistan-NW Pakistan where polio still exist, increase in crime rate, lower real estate values where these illegals settle, often they don't speak the language, work and often earn untaxed money... Illegals are a huge problem, doesn't matter what they are suffering, there is legal immigration and that is the correct way.

Would you get on an airplane if you saw people bypassing the security checkpoint and entering the airplane? Why should a country tolerate letting in illegals who are undocumented into their home and live among their citizens?

Countries have a priority to take care of their citizens first, illegals are criminals that wish to illegally enter a country, they are undocumented, they can bring disease (which has happened on US border) and look at Afghanistan-NW Pakistan where polio still exist, increase in crime rate, lower real estate values where these illegals settle, often they don't speak the language, work and often earn untaxed money... Illegals are a huge problem, doesn't matter what they are suffering, there is legal immigration and that is the correct way.
I agree...but the legal way is always for those with money...not sure why those with money would wanna run away though :unsure:

totally agree, and once some of them are accepted into the country exploit the host country's liberal laws and starts whining about some pity issues.

Back
Top Bottom