What's new

15 Jordanian F-16 for sale

I prefer that PAF does not go for NEW F-16's.
Any NEW aircraft should be a NEW type of acquisition, like SU35 or EFT or J-31.

Used F-16's (preferably MLU) are most welcome. They are better than Mirages III and F-7P.
Not bad idea but i think we probably have to buy new ones to get used one nothing is free u know what i mean LM needs bussiness too so will go for New ones might be as conftion for used one .If we have house of Representative behind deal dont think will be a political issue no matter who wins .

Or..........use the thing inside our skulls and invest the little money that we have very very wisely and with logic instead of with nostalgia or attachment.

Or Pakistan can increase it tax base. Pakistan is grossly undertaxed denying the government billions of dollars in revenue. Unless this is fixed, Pakistan will remain too poor to address the many security challenges it faces.

The CPEC has the potential to kickstart the economy in the right direction. This and changing the mindset of Pakistanis.

Pakistan govt can buy squadrons of Rafale, but our biggest enemy is " corruption and corrupt leaders" . Who hide over 200 billion dollars in foreign banks.............tragedy ..
Bhai.
We cannot and will not buy the Rafale. The platforms from EU are out of our reach financially. As to getting the 200 billion dollars back from those foreign accounts good luck trying.
Any one comment about SABR package ,Is this required congressional approval as well or can we use other approved vendors of LM to integrate it on our platform ,If V configuration comes as practically Strucutre can withstand till 12,000 Hrs even so bang for buck will be AESA.
We will not see AESA on the 16s. The platform for AESA will be JFT. You will neither get permission nor will you want to.
A

Or..........use the thing inside our skulls and invest the little money that we have very very wisely and with logic instead of with nostalgia or attachment.
Such as?If you are talking local effort then fruition is 15 yrs away. If its an off the shelf buy then you need to tell me which platform can you buy which is available to you and within your reach and is not sanction prone. Please dont say SU35 because the russians are a very untrusted water to be sailing into for PAF.
A

We will be able to deny air superiority in a short conflict and be able to take the fight there due to asymmetric capabilities we have.

But anything longer than a week and the PAF will crumble.
So what will be the state of IAF?I know you have run some simulations on it. However Personally I think due to lack of trust on both sides we would have a nuclear exchange a lot before we reach that stage.
A

Bhai.
We cannot and will not buy the Rafale. The platforms from EU are out of our reach financially. As to getting the 200 billion dollars back from those foreign accounts good luck trying.

We will not see AESA on the 16s. The platform for AESA will be JFT. You will neither get permission nor will you want to.
A

Such as?If you are talking local effort then fruition is 15 yrs away. If its an off the shelf buy then you need to tell me which platform can you buy which is available to you and within your reach and is not sanction prone. Please dont say SU35 because the russians are a very untrusted water to be sailing into for PAF.
A

So what will be the state of IAF?I know you have run some simulations on it. However Personally I think due to lack of trust on both sides we would have a nuclear exchange a lot before we reach that stage.
A
Sir ji mana tu example dii thee.....it complain about shortage of funds....

Bhai.
A

One your reply implies that the nuclear threshold is under a week of hostilities[cause thats how long PAF(our air defence) can last].Which is pretty bad.

Don't know if this is the right thread to ask this

Conventional Missile Artillery has not played a role as of yet in any conflict, what impact would you consider that having?

A
The IAF has more and better of tech. We will lose more aircraft than them in any conflict that is prolonged beyond a few days. Their greatest disadvantage is inability to generate enough sorties due to lack of pilots per aircraft, and more importantly fresh pilots.

Pakistan needs a very dense Air Defense system networked with its fighter planes..

i can imaging pakistani buying them but i would imagine a price below that of $5 million there is a twin seater that fares a bit better but it still an old bird. one that that alot of people here forget is that you need a strong economy to have all the bells and whistles. i feel most of pakistans resources in regards to the airforce is inthe jf-17 and soon the j-31.

It is a humble request that you read-up on the Mig-29 Upgrades and then compare the upgraded Mig's with the Upgraded F-16's of ours. Those upgraded Migs are carrying IRST, Helmet mounted displays along with HOBS capable Missiles. Does our F-16 has Fully functional HOBS missile on any of our 16's ? I'm not going towards Mirage-2000 upgrades; It is not a indian propaganda but reality on the ground. Indian side BVR are no less than capable than what we have. Russian have upgraded their BVR's. Hence the reason Indians are employing them with much confidence on Su-30 and Upgraded Mig's both. Do you think if they thought their BVR is any less capable than AIM-120C , they would have kept R-77 as the main BVR for MKI ?

When I gave the example of Singapor F-16's, what I wanted to convey is Indians has stored the electronic profile of F-16's which means their Radar and Electronic jammer signatures. So with their advance Early warning systems will be able to predict where PAF F-16's or do you think PAF F-16 employs some super duper technology that they will be able to hide it from Indian Advance long range early warning systems ? Now it all boils down to tactics deployed when Our F-16 meets the Indian adversaries and it will become the game of BVR. Because if it boils down to WVR, Our F-16 will face some of the hard times due to adversaries HMD and HOBS missile. I encourage you to read the accounts of When American F-16 first time exercised with the HMD capable-Mig-29. Here read this old account while keeping in mind these are very old MIG-29's they are talking about. Not the one which are upgraded now

http://www.16va.be/mig-29_experience.htm

While for your last paragraph. I agree with you wholeheartedly. That economically, this is the only viable choice we got. But please post no.106 of @Sinnerman108. We have to look 15-20 years ahead. These F-16's will become F-7 at that time. And when F-16 faces SU-30 MKI after 15-20 years. You can imagine tech inside SU-30 and F-16 of ours then

Hi,

Supposedly---everytime a U S F16 went against a Mig 29 equipped with HOBS missile during an excercize---it was shot down.

Pakistan needs a very dense Air Defense system networked with its fighter planes..

The fact Pakistan hasnt invested in credible air defense systems is truly one of the more perplexing aspects of its defense policy.

The fact Pakistan hasnt invested in credible air defense systems is truly one of the more perplexing aspects of its defense policy.
for some weird reason i doubt the pakistani generals would be sitting in their mansions with no good air defence over them. i would expect a battery of hq-9's at least over islamabad. i thought they have a few hq-16's ? the pakistanis are transparent in showing weapons the world know they have but wont show the crown jewles that the world dont know about.

for some weird reason i doubt the pakistani generals would be sitting in their mansions with no good air defence over them. i would expect a battery of hq-9's at least over islamabad. i thought they have a few hq-16's ? the pakistanis are transparent in showing weapons the world know they have but wont show the crown jewles that the world dont know about.

Let's hope that's the case here & that they have unseen systems in place. Else, it's just criminal negligence...even with tight budgets.

Pakistan needs more F-16, but it also needs a medium to heavy weight multi-role fighter like the Su-35 and JH-7B

Hi,

Why do you say that and why do the pakistanis not understand that?

Hi,

As for these 15 F16's---I have been wondering---if PAF would be the buyer---then why would the Jordanians openly advertise the sale.

They could have simply gone in and made the deal---. So---the question needed to be asked is---what is different in this scenario.

Block 15...........junk in few years, waste of money. Even Pakistan planning to replace it block15 in next few years.
I think depends on the deal i.e. price and condition, if those are working conditions and dirt cheap, then PAF may get those upgraded via Turkey.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom