What's new

15 facts about 'failed state' Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm insecure of trolls who like to divert the original topic of the thread. T-Faz never brought India in there before you mentioned it, & his answers were perfectly reasonable because he, unlike you, was not attempting to troll.

Just see his response to my exact same post and the insight into that which the post of yours lacked.. No need for fatwas.

Oh BTW have you reported that post that you think was trolling ?

So how many tons of cargo is passing through Gwader port annually? I suppose that the largest deep sea port in the world would be very busy!

The use ? Mauritania has more Iron ore than Singapore or Sierra Leone has more diamonds than Japan.

Looking to all the resources with which pakistan is blessed with we should not be talking pakistan as a failed state at first place.
The irony is it is being discussed as such and thats where the failure lies.

As I mentioned, the UK used to face everyday bombings from the IRA, Turkey used to face similar stuff from the PKK, Sri Lanka was in a civil war for over 20 years; yet none of them got the title of being a failed state. Why did Pakistan receive it, when it is part of a war? Pakistan has a democratically elected government in power, well functioning institutions, growing economy, good infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market; you wouldn't see these things in a failed state.

India has the same amount of chance of being a failed state as Pakistan. In fact, even countries like the US has an equally likely chance of being one. Pakistan has well functioning institutions, growing economy, reasonable infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market, natural resources. I think Pakistan has same chances of failing as India or any other country does.

Pakistan has already failed to pay its international monitary commitments and is being bailed out. However, you can continue your arguments by forever twisting the definition of a failed country, as there is no standard one.

My point is, the failed state argument is a false one, on both sides, but no matter what it is, natural resources is plain irrelevant, to the point of being ridiculous.

I haven't traveled around the world, but I visited some places and strangely I find my home is the most beautiful place in the world because it is my home...And I love it that's why it looks beautiful.... I am not saying Pakistan is no good when compared to other places. It is wrong to suggest Pakistan is the best when compared other countries

What I suggest is Pakistan is materially better off, than most of the countries outside north America and western Europe, I know have visited them consistently.

Greece is much richer than Pakistan and india and had to be bailed out, Portugal, Ireland, Iceland are developed countries and needed to be bailed out, Argentina another country actually defaulted on it's debt, and is richer than Pakistan and india.

What?! I am surprised that the world's largest port is lying idle for lack of roads? Did you not claim infrastructure as one of the benefits Pakistan had.

Or may be it is just hollow hyperbole once again?

Wait, Tarbela may be a huge dam, but please tell me its current water storage capacity due to silting, and shortfall in power generation?

No wait, may be it is easier to attack my avatar than deal with the truth. That must be it! :D

Infrastructure for the most part is good in Pakistan. That doesn't necessarily mean its good in all regions of Pakistan. Clearly English comprehension is your weak point. Which is why this current Pakistan government is undertaking many development projects in Balochistan, FATA & other parts of Pakistan. With your tone of your posts, seems like you are against that too, coupled with the fact that you'd clearly like to see the death of innocent Pakistani civilians via drone strikes :enjoy:

And before that, it was Karthic Sri that started comparing Pakistan to India. You were clearly interested in talking about the FED when it was me & Karthic Sri that were talking, but you couldn't wait to give your feedback on the FED. Now that you don't have any answers, you don't want to talk I about it.

This was the first post in which India was mentioned, the hypocricy is astounding

India has the same amount of chance of being a failed state as Pakistan. In fact, even countries like the US has an equally likely chance of being one. Pakistan has well functioning institutions, growing economy, reasonable infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market, natural resources. I think Pakistan has same chances of failing as India or any other country does.

Up till 4 years ago - we had an average growth rate of 7% - as the war against the takfiri winds down, we will go back to the previous high growth rate.

I'm tired of people like VCheng that are willing to criticize everything about Pakistan (even the slight positives); but are ready to overlook the actions of the US in killing innocent civilians, or the fact that this country is insolvent, as per IMF August 2010. It's shameless, hypocritical behavior, & then he has the audacity of putting up a "Dil Dil Pakistan" avatar. Trolling at its best. Well done :tup:

As I mentioned, the UK used to face everyday bombings from the IRA, Turkey used to face similar stuff from the PKK, Sri Lanka was in a civil war for over 20 years; yet none of them got the title of being a failed state. Why did Pakistan receive it, when it is part of a war? Pakistan has a democratically elected government in power, well functioning institutions, growing economy, good infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market; you wouldn't see these things in a failed state.

Why as a pakistani you need to tell the world that Pakistan is not a failed state?
Think over it and you will understand the essence of my post. I am not doubting the possible bright future of Pak but current situation is not very trust worthy.

Greece is much richer than Pakistan and india and had to be bailed out, Portugal, Ireland, Iceland are developed countries and needed to be bailed out, Argentina another country actually defaulted on it's debt, and is richer than Pakistan and india.

Yes, but they failed to meet their obligations, thats a failure.

Does it matter how ''rich'' one is, either on the ground, or under??? And how??? A rich country can not fail? And one sitting on iron ore deposits can not, lol!

Dil ko behlane ke liye, Ghalib....

Why as a pakistani you need to tell the world that Pakistan is not a failed state?
Think over it and you will understand the essence of my post. I am not doubting the possible bright future of Pak but current situation is not very trust worthy.

Because Indians like spearheading this slogan to the rest of the world: "Pakistan is a failed state".

All countries have their weak and strong points - one of our strong points is our agriculture and irrigation systems, we are in the top ten for all the major crops and milk production, and cotton. That is another natural resource, in fact we are feeding millions of poor people with our grain.

SINGAPORE (Dow Jones)--Asia's immediate wheat demand is being met by ample supply from Pakistan, which is exporting existing inventories to make way for the new harvest, trading executives said Monday.

"Pakistan has filled a crucial gap in Asian wheat trade due to the absence of supply from the Black Sea region," said a Singapore-based executive with a global trading company.

If Pakistan hadn't permitted wheat exports during this period of tight overall global supply, price conscious buyers in South Asia and Southeast Asia would have had to turn to costly alternative supply from Canada, the U.S. and Europe.

The absence of Pakistan would have also increased demand pressure in Australia, where ports are already facing congestion and there are logistical delays in moving wheat from upcountry warehouses.

Pakistan approved wheat exports in December and shipments began the following month.

In less than four months it has shipped out an estimated 1.16 million metric tons of wheat.

The International Grains Council has projected Pakistan's wheat exports in the year ending June 30 at 1.6 million tons, the highest in at least four years.

Close to 1 million tons of Pakistan's wheat has been exported in bulk shipments and 160,000 tons in containers, said Muhammed Najib Balagamwalla, chairman of the Seatrade Group, a Karachi-based commodities trading company.

Bangladesh has emerged as the major buyer of Pakistan's wheat, purchasing more than 700,000 tons from the south Asian country, traders said.

The country is one of the world's largest wheat importers, buying around 3.0 million-3.5 million tons of the grain annually.

Since Russia banned grain exports last August and exporters in Ukraine defaulted on several deals, Bangladesh purchased cargoes from a variety of origins, including Germany, Canada, Brazil and Australia, before finding a less expensive source in Pakistan.

Pakistan's milling wheat is among the cheapest in the world. Even though the bulk of the sales are to Bangladesh, thousands of containers have also been shipped to southeast Asian countries and to the United Arab Emirates.

Earlier this year, Pakistan sold wheat around $329-$335 a ton, free on board, while recent sales have been around $300-$310/ton.

With freight charges of around $4-$18/ton for wheat export in containers from Pakistan, Southeast Asian buyers have locked in purchases at less than $320/ton on a cost-and-freight basis for prompt shipment.

Earlier this month, Australian Prime Wheat traded at $423/ton and Australian Standard White around $370/ton, C&F, for bulk shipment in June.

Last month, Taiwan bought high-quality U.S. milling wheat for bulk shipment in April and May at prices between $350 and $564/ton, C&F.

"Bulk shipments are still taking place from Australia and the U.S. but they are costlier and take more time to deliver," said one of the transnational grain exporters.

Flour millers in Vietnam and Malaysia, which require limited volumes on short notice, prefer Pakistan's grain, he said.

Pakistan's exporters are purchasing the grain from the provincial governments of Sindh and Punjab. Exports of existing stocks will make room for the bumper harvest that is under way.

Asia Grain Outlook: Pakistan Keeps Wheat Supply Pipeline Running - WSJ.com

I'm tired of people like VCheng that are willing to criticize everything about Pakistan (even the slight positives); but are ready to overlook the actions of the US in killing innocent civilians, or the fact that this country is insolvent, as per IMF August 2010. It's shameless, hypocritical behavior, & then he has the audacity of putting up a "Dil Dil Pakistan" avatar. Trolling at its best. Well done :tup:

And I am tired of brainless zealots and their cue-on-command flag waving with no basis in facts at all, and then squealing when told the truth.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom