What's new

15 facts about 'failed state' Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The West is trying to do everything it can to make Pakistan fail.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

The west is not trying to make Pak fail, only keep it on the boil.

Yet we are lower than most of them on every possible stability index..
weird..

You know what's weird? This list of the GINI coefficient that measures the degree of inequality in the distribution of family income in a country. It's not stability related, but we don't need to look in terms of stability as we are involved in a war & they aren't. Anyways, here's the list:
1 Namibia 70.7
2 South Africa 65.0
3 Lesotho 63.2
4 Botswana 63.0
5 Sierra Leone 62.9
6 Central African Republic 61.3
7 Haiti 59.2
8 Colombia 58.5
9 Bolivia 58.2
10 Brazil 56.7
11 Guatemala 55.1
12 Honduras 53.8
13 Hong Kong 53.3
14 Paraguay 53.2
15 El Salvador 52.4
16 Chile 52.4
17 Panama 51.0
18 Papua New Guinea 50.9
19 Zambia 50.8
20 Niger 50.5
21 Swaziland 50.4
22 Gambia, The 50.2
23 Zimbabwe 50.1
24 Dominican Republic 49.9
25 Peru 49.6
26 Sri Lanka 49.0
27 Mexico 48.2
28 Costa Rica 48.0
29 Singapore 47.8
30 Madagascar 47.5
31 Mozambique 47.3
32 Nepal 47.2
33 Uruguay 47.1
34 Ecuador 46.9
35 Rwanda 46.8
36 Philippines 45.8
37 Uganda 45.7
38 Argentina 45.7
39 Jamaica 45.5
40 United States 45.0
41 Cameroon 44.6
42 Cote d'Ivoire 44.6
43 Iran 44.5
44 Malaysia 44.1
45 Nigeria 43.7
46 Guyana 43.2
47 Nicaragua 43.1
48 Thailand 43.0
49 Cambodia 43.0
50 Kenya 42.5
51 Burundi 42.4
52 Russia 42.2
53 China 41.5
54 Senegal 41.3
55 Turkey 41.0
56 Venezuela 41.0
57 Morocco 40.9
58 Turkmenistan 40.8
59 Georgia 40.8
60 Mali 40.1
61 Tunisia 40.0
62 Jordan 39.7
63 Burkina Faso 39.5
64 Ghana 39.4
65 Israel 39.2
66 Mauritania 39.0
67 Mauritius 39.0
68 Macedonia 39.0
69 Malawi 39.0
70 Portugal 38.5
71 Guinea 38.1
72 Timor-Leste 38.0
73 Yemen 37.7
74 Japan 37.6
75 Moldova 37.4
76 Armenia 37.0
77 Vietnam 37.0
78 Indonesia 37.0
79 India 36.8
80 Uzbekistan 36.8
81 Benin 36.5
82 Azerbaijan 36.5
83 New Zealand 36.2
84 Latvia 36.0
85 Lithuania 36.0
86 Algeria 35.3
87 Poland 34.9
88 Tanzania 34.6
89 Laos 34.6
90 Egypt 34.4
91 Bosnia and Herzegovina 34.1
92 United Kingdom 34.0
93 Switzerland 33.7
94 Bulgaria 33.5
95 Bangladesh 33.2
96 Greece 33.0
97 Mongolia 32.8
98 France 32.7
99 Tajikistan 32.6
100 Taiwan 32.6
101 Canada 32.1
102 Italy 32.0
103 Spain 32.0
104 Romania 32.0
105 Estonia 31.4
106 Korea, South 31.4
107 Ukraine 31.0
108 Netherlands 30.9
109 Pakistan 30.6
110 Australia 30.5
111 European Union 30.4
112 Kyrgyzstan 30.3
113 Ethiopia 30.0
114 Montenegro 30.0
115 Kosovo 30.0
116 Ireland 29.3
117 Croatia 29.0
118 Denmark 29.0
119 Cyprus 29.0
120 Slovenia 28.4
121 Belgium 28.0
122 Iceland 28.0
123 Belarus 27.9
124 Germany 27.0
125 Finland 26.8
126 Albania 26.7
127 Kazakhstan 26.7
128 Slovakia 26.0
129 Austria 26.0
130 Czech Republic 26.0
131 Malta 26.0
132 Luxembourg 26.0
133 Serbia 26.0
134 Norway 25.0
135 Hungary 24.7
136 Sweden 23.0

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/rawdata_2172.txt

A humble request: please don't make such condescending statements in the future.

I agree with T-Faz lol Pakistan isnt a failed state it has the capacity to be 1 but the important thing is it isnt atm.

Somalia is a failed state because its got like 4 different goverments.

Every nation has the capacity of failing. More importantly, it is imperative not to derive the term 'failed state' for a country in a war like situation. The UK was bombed regularly by the IRA, a similar situation with Turkey against the PKK, as well as Sri Lanka's civil war for 20 years. Yet, none of these three countries were ever labeled a failed state. Why is Pakistan called the world's number 1 failed state? Pakistan has well functioning institutions, growing economy, reasonable infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market, natural resources. Pakistan has chances of failing as much as Australia or other countries do. Hence, it is important not to look at a war like situation to determine what is a failed state & what isn't; it's after the war that one should determine these things. Pakistan is in the US WOT right now.

resources count for nothing my friend...japan,singapore have nothing and still they have earned huge status..while african countries though rich in resources but still not able to progress..

Every nation has the capacity of failing. More importantly, it is imperative not to derive the term 'failed state' for a country in a war like situation. The UK was bombed regularly by the IRA, a similar situation with Turkey against the PKK, as well as Sri Lanka's civil war for 20 years. Yet, none of these three countries were ever labeled a failed state. Why is Pakistan called the world's number 1 failed state? Pakistan has well functioning institutions, growing economy, reasonable infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market, natural resources. Pakistan has chances of failing as much as Australia or other countries do. Hence, it is important not to look at a war like situation to determine what is a failed state & what isn't; it's after the war that one should determine these things. Pakistan is in the US WOT right now.

i guess it is tenth failed state and not first....

i guess it is tenth failed state and not first....

So by the same logic, when the UK was being regularly bombed by the IRA, or when Turkey was facing a similar situation from the PKK; both countries should be declared failed (or tenth failed) states?

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

resources count for nothing my friend...japan,singapore have nothing and still they have earned huge status..while african countries though rich in resources but still not able to progress..

Pakistan has well functioning institutions, growing economy, growing middle class, reasonable infrastructure, various sources of 'income' (exports), a huge consumer market besides resources. It's not just about resources in Pakistan.

Pakistan has well functioning institutions

Other than the military, what do you regard as "well functioning"? Education? Health? Judicial system? Local bodies governance? Foreign policy? Tax/Revenue collection?

, growing economy,

A 2% growth rate with a population growth rate of well over 3% is a recipe for continued impoverishment.

reasonable infrastructure,

Power generation? Railways? Clean water per person? Road network? Please define what you call reasonable.

various sources of 'income' (exports),

and yet there is a huge structural deficit in the balance of payments.

a huge consumer market,

By numbers yes, but by buying power, NO!

natural resources.

No good unless developed, right?

Lets put this out then..
Anything other than sensible meaningful posts here.. to "improve" the quality of the thread..
and you are asking for trouble.

That is a great policy.. Lets do it for the whole of the forum ;)

Pakistan doesn't compare itself to lower nations. However, certain Pakistanis do like to make a point to Indians who think Pakistan is the number failed state in the world that has no source of income, only survives on aid etc.

It's funny that it's India that constantly compares itself with Pakistan, despite the fact that it has 7 times the population of Pakistan. I didn't even mention India in this thread, but looked how it popped up. But if you're going there, then let me clarify: Pakistan & India did not start on equal footing in 1947. India had all the developed cities, developed infrastructure; Pakistan had only one developed city: Lahore. Everything in Pakistan has been done by Pakistan. Anyways, there's no point comparing India with Pakistan (or vice versa), when India hasn't had to be involved in two wars of the highest magnitude (Afghan-Soviet & the WOT) in the last 20-30 years.

I'm not going to contest your pov because I take that you are one among the many as mentioned in T-Faz post - giving excuses instead of thinking why my nation is not there. Just see how he took my mentioning of India and you took. That gives an idea.

This is common amongst many but not all Pakistanis follow the same mentality.

Agreed. .A certain amount of comparison is required, a higher bench mark is needed in order to develop but that said it should not become an obsession - comparing every single thing because that ultimately may be our undoing as well.

All it took for India was 20 years of economic development to go ahead of Pakistan while in the same period Pakistan went in the opposite direction thanks to inane laws and pathetic governments.

China is truly an example that all developing nations should aspire to.

Pakistan was an example for all developing nations in the 60's though, look where we are today.

Again nothing to disagree. Every nation has its share of chinks (i mean as chinks in Armor) -even US has, China has, India has - but it is no harm in trying to emulate them in areas where they have suceeded. We do it all the time and on a lighter note there is even a thread in Def.pk where Hafizzz complains India compares itself all the time with China. :D

But UK's governace was hardly affected,UK did not faced military coup,they resolved the IRA problem in 3 yrs,in comparison where do u stand.

Other than the military, what do you regard as "well functioning"? Education? Health? Judicial system? Local bodies governance? Foreign policy? Tax/Revenue collection?

If you see non-existent education systems in many other countries as I have, you'll see that the education standard in Pakistan is pretty good, but obviously it can be made better. Health needs to improve, as does our tax collection systems. Judicial system is good. We have a democratically elected government.

A 2% growth rate with a population growth rate of well over 3% is a recipe for continued impoverishment.

A 2% at a time when the country is embroiled in an ultimate war that people like you support. Most countries would have collapsed if they had faced what Pakistan has been facing since 9/11, but Pakistan has grown in those periods.

Power generation? Railways? Clean water per person? Road network? Please define what you call reasonable.

Go outside America & the Western world & see the real world. I have, & the electricity & power generation systems in Pakistan are far superior to those of many other countries, but of course there is room for improvement, which is what we are working towards through different ways:

Pakistan to have first on-grid solar electricity generation system

and yet there is a huge structural deficit in the balance of payments.

This is the balance of your beloved America:

Outstanding debt: $14.32 trillion. Debt per taxpayer: $128,698

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Please change your avatar, your 'Dil Dil Pakistan' is a disgrace to what you really think about the country.

I'm not going to contest your pov because I take that you are one among the many as mentioned in T-Faz post - giving excuses instead of thinking why my nation is not there. Just see how he took my mentioning of India and you took. That gives an idea.

But why did you bring India into the thread in the first place, when this thread has nothing to do with it?

But UK's governace was hardly affected,UK did not faced military coup,they resolved the IRA problem in 3 yrs,in comparison where do u stand.

What does military coup have anything to do with a failed state? Pakistan has really been under attack since December 2007 when the TTP was formed, so its about 3.5 years for Pakistan now as well. I cannot see this war going on for longer anyways.

Agreed. .A certain amount of comparison is required, a higher bench mark is needed in order to develop but that said it should not become an obsession - comparing every single thing because that ultimately may be our undoing as well.

Again nothing to disagree. Every nation has its share of chinks (i mean as chinks in Armor) -even US has, China has, India has - but it is no harm in trying to emulate them in areas where they have suceeded. We do it all the time and on a lighter note there is even a thread in Def.pk where Hafizzz complains India compares itself all the time with China. :D

Of course India has done a lot of admirable things, such as developed its economy, taken bold measures etc; stuff Pakistan didn't do & should have done. Of course India is a huge giant in this world, with its fair share of 'strengths' as well as a few 'weaknesses'. But again, why did you bring India into a thread that had nothing to do with it? Tell me, did I make a comparison with India anywhere in this thread? No. You made a comparison between the two countries, & this attitude of yours needs to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom