What's new

15 facts about 'failed state' Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does military coup have anything to do with a failed state? Pakistan has really been under attack since December 2007 when the TTP was formed, so its about 3.5 years for Pakistan now as well. I cannot see this war going on for longer anyways.

The failed states index count it as an factor(military coup) .And 2010 is not the first yr u appeared in the list,U hope this war dont last long,that sentence means the war is still going on,and do u precisely remember when it started.

Of course India has done a lot of admirable things, such as developed its economy, taken bold measures etc; stuff Pakistan didn't do & should have done. Of course India is a huge giant in this world, with its fair share of 'strengths' as well as a few 'weaknesses'. But again, why did you bring India into a thread that had nothing to do with it? Tell me, did I make a comparison with India anywhere in this thread? No. You made a comparison between the two countries, & this attitude of yours needs to be changed.

But why did you bring India into the thread in the first place, when this thread has nothing to do with it?

To show what a nation can achieve in short time if the leaders are focussed on development, if the people are focussed on development and because India and Pakistan started at the time at same points an India was behind Pakistan in almost all economic indicators till 90s.

But leave it, the person to whom it was addressed took it in the right sense and the right intention in which it was written.

And yes, my attitude is fine --its your defensive mindset that needs to be changed.

The failed states index count it as an factor(military coup) .And 2010 is not the first yr u appeared in the list,U hope this war dont last long,that sentence means the war is still going on,and do u precisely remember when it started.

The attacks inside Pakistan by the terrorists started taking place after December 2007 once the TTP was formed. Anyways, Obama has already declared that the troops will start withdrawing from the summer of 2011. I do not see military coup as a factor for the failed states index count anywhere, can you provide me a link?

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

To show what a nation can achieve in short time if the leaders are focussed on development, if the people are focussed on development and because India and Pakistan started at the time at same points an India was behind Pakistan in almost all economic indicators till 90s.

But leave it, the person to whom it was addressed took it in the right sense and the right intention in which it was written.

And yes, my attitude is fine --its your defensive mindset that needs to be changed.

Your attitude of trolling & derailing the topic of the thread needs to be changed.

Your attitude of trolling & derailing the topic of the thread needs to be changed.

Thanks but no thanks. I'm in no mood to listen to you. If any problem report that post to the mods. :coffee:

I have traveled the world, and Pakistan is better than most places outside North America and Western Europe, people need to travel and see the world.

14 trillion or 140 trillion does not matter as long as Oil trade is done in Dollars. The US can simply afford to print more money and get away with it. Can Pakistan ?

The US does not print US dollars, the Federal Reserve (FED) does. The FED is made up of international bankers that operate separately from the US government. It's not the US government that prints the money. All the recent bailouts & debts have been given by the FED to the US government with a interest rate on it of course. Which is why things are getting so screwed up in the US right now. Basically, the IMF has 'called' the US insolvent in its annual review last year. If you know what an insolvency is, its even worse than a bankruptcy.

U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don

But delve deeper, and you will find that the IMF has effectively pronounced the U.S. bankrupt. Section 6 of the July 2010 Selected Issues Paper says: “The U.S. fiscal gap associated with today’s federal fiscal policy is huge for plausible discount rates.” It adds that “closing the fiscal gap requires a permanent annual fiscal adjustment equal to about 14 percent of U.S. GDP.”

The US does not print US dollars, the Federal Reserve (FED) does. The FED is made up of international bankers that operate separately to the US government. It's not the US government that prints the money. All the recent bailouts & debts have been given by the FED to the US government with a interest rate on it of course. Which is why things are getting so screwed up in the US right now. Basically, the IMF has 'called' the US insolvent in its annual review last year. If you know what an insolvency is, its even worse than a bankruptcy.

I do know a few things and one among them is Basically US as a country does not need to (theoretically it has to, but WWII era American leaders made sure it is practically not needed by instituting Dollar as the de-facto Trade currency of the world) pledge sovereign Gold in order to print money while Pakistan has to. Otherwise it be like Zimbabwe where a few Trillion dollars is needed to buy a loaf of bread.

And don't give these legalities to me. US doesn't run according to legalities.Thats the reality.

I have traveled the world, and Pakistan is better than most places outside North America and Western Europe, people need to travel and see the world.

It's sad that certain people like to live in their little cocoon in Western countries, believing Pakistan is bad, when its better than most other countries out there in the world. You're right, people need to travel & see the world, not remain stuck in their little cocoons in the West.

Anyways, there's no point comparing India with Pakistan, when India hasn't had to be involved in two wars of the highest magnitude (Afghan-Soviet & the WOT) in the last 20-30 years.
Pakistan didn't HAD to be involved either, some politicians choose to. Otherwise I agree that Pakistan is a very beautiful country and by safeguarding it's own borders first and foremost, it would have been in a 100 times better state than today. A nation isn't a failure, it's leaders are.

I haven't traveled around the world, but I visited some places and strangely I find my home is the most beautiful place in the world because it is my home...And I love it that's why it looks beautiful.... I am not saying Pakistan is no good when compared to other places. It is wrong to suggest Pakistan is the best when compared other countries

The US does not print US dollars, the Federal Reserve (FED) does. The FED is made up of international bankers that operate separately from the US government. It's not the US government that prints the money. All the recent bailouts & debts have been given by the FED to the US government with a interest rate on it of course. Which is why things are getting so screwed up in the US right now. Basically, the IMF has 'called' the US insolvent in its annual review last year. If you know what an insolvency is, its even worse than a bankruptcy.

What the heck are you talking about? The Federal Reserve is the U.S. Central Bank with board of Governors being appointed by the U.S. President. It does not print currency, that is done by the U.S. Treasury department.

I do know a few things and one among them is Basically US as a country does not need to (theoretically it has to, but WWII era American leaders made sure it is practically not needed by instituting Dollar as the de-facto Trade currency) pledge sovereign Gold in order to print money while Pakistan has to. Otherwise it be like Zimbabwe where a few Trillion dollars is needed to buy a loaf of bread.

It's not really as much about the gold as it is about the oil. The supply of oil is directly related to & determines the strength of the dollar. As oil prices increase due to different reasons, the dollar weakens. The dollar needs a consistent, stable supply of oil (resulting in lower oil prices) to be a strong currency.

What the heck are you talking about? The Federal Reserve is the U.S. Central Bank with board of Governors being appointed by the U.S. President. It does not print currency, that is done by the U.S. Treasury department.

The FED does not fall under the US government, & that was my point. I didn't mention the US president in there. The US president indeed appoints the governors of the FED, but the FED doesn't fall under the US government, & operates independently of it. Two different things.

The Federal Reserve was created by the Congress, but it is NOT part of the government.

Our government (federal) has three branches: Legislative, Executive and Judicial.

The function of the Legislative branch is to make law, and this law is supposed to be in accordance with the Constitution. The Constitution gives Congress the authority to coin money and regulate its value. It does not give Congress the authority to create a central bank.

The Executive Branch consists of the president, vice president, his Cabinet, and Departments and Agencies that are under the Executive Branch.

The Judicial Branch consists of the Supreme Court, and various inferior federal courts.

The Federal Reserve is not under any of these branches. The Federal Reserve does not report to any of these branches, and is not responsible to them. It is neither federal, nor does it have any reserves. It is a scam which allows politicians to benefit by the inflation of our currency which is created by the Federal Reserve. Our politicians benefit by the use of newly created "money" (actually, federal reserve notes), which cheapens the value of all frns already in circulation.

The bankers who control the Federal Reserve benefit by the interest paid on treasury bonds used to pay for these new federal reserve notes, which they create out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom