What's new

$15 billion Saudi bailout likely

Then he is right man in right time for Pakistan. 15 billion is not pea nuts

and it wont be free, you may seeing another Wahabi state in the making, beware of them as they neighbour you.

The price for fracking has just become feasible, not because it's cheap, but because it has "relatively" become cheaper due to high price of crude. Energy, resource extraction, demand, supply and pricing is always a relative game. Many other reasons, however, I am not here to give a free seminar on it.

You're thinking of oil-sands.....fracking was never about cost.....it is a newly discovered method.

And apparently you guys foam at the mouth every time you see a energy rich country and want to "buy" their resources at your own dictated prices? Or send them to kingdom come? Well, history is on my side apparently. You surely can't defend all of your actions in the name of "saviors of democracy", "our way of life" and all that other nonsense. Know what you are before blaming others.

"Indian" attitude? You all foam at the mouth against the US and you think we love you for it? Besides I misread....it isn't a hand out....it's deferred payment. The Saudis are getting a guaranteed rate on their oil.

Hydraulic fracturing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read: Massive hydraulic fracturing in shales

Look for keywords: "high porosity and low permeability", "slickwater fracturing", "earlier techniques"

As of 2013, in addition to the United States several countries are planning to use hydraulic fracturing for unconventional oil and gas production.

You're thinking of oil-sands.....fracking was never about cost.....it is a newly discovered method.

And apparently you guys foam at the mouth every time you see a energy rich country and want to "buy" their resources at your own dictated prices? Or send them to kingdom come? Well, history is on my side apparently. You surely can't defend all of your actions in the name of "saviors of democracy", "our way of life" and all that other nonsense. Know what you are before blaming others.
I don't give two hoots about spreading democracy....I expect the government to look after our interest.....and they do for the most part. If cheap energy keep our economy on track, do what you must. No different than ANY other nation....with the exception that our power makes it more obvious and wide-spread.

Would be interesting to see how NS takes forward Pakistan's relationship with Iran. PPP government played a masterstroke at the end of their term by signing an agreement with Iran with regard to the gas pipeline. Now... it's NS's responsibility to take it forward. With Saudis exerting much influence on NS, will he be able to honor the agreement with Iranians? Only time will tell...

Oh come on mate. Anyhow, lets not derail the topic. You are one of my favorite Yanks here on the forum. :cheers:

I don't give two hoots about spreading democracy....I expect the government to look after our interest.....and they do for the most part. If cheap energy keep our economy on track, do what you must. No different than ANY other nation....with the exception that our power makes it more obvious and wide-spread.

BTW, what is the circular debt of Pakistan in dollars? (only power sector)

We hear 500 arab rupees, how much dollars is that?

The total circular debt for the power sector now is over Rs 900 billion, or approximately US$ 9 billion, and rising.

@Hyperion, You're one of my favorites too, At least you try to have a real discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok let's go stepwise. Lets decode the following:

As of 2013, in addition to the United States several countries are planning to use hydraulic fracturing for unconventional oil and gas production.

Maybe I do suffer from a mild case of dyslexia! :blink:

Btw, I never said you are "not" doing. You most definitely are. However, this is the first time that the technology has become feasible vis a vis price of crude. Price of crude goes up, it become even more feasible.

Furthermore, as you produce it more and more, the price of technology will even fall further, so it will become even more economically feasible.

What I am trying to say is that you and I only differ on "feasibility" and price-stabilization period. I say 30 years down the road, you say immediately. This is where we disagree.

They are planning....we are doing. Read again.

Ok let's go stepwise. Lets decode the following:

Maybe I do suffer from a mild case of dyslexia! :blink:

Btw, I never said you are "not" doing. You most definitely are. However, this is the first time that the technology has become feasible vis a vis price of crude. Price of crude goes up, it become even more feasible.

It is slightly more expensive.....but the one that needs high prices to be feasible is extracting oil from sand (they got a lot of that in Canada). In any case the markets are already a flutter because of the US shale oil. (well documented....google it)

Back
Top Bottom