What's new

14 More F16 for PAF (Approved by US)

well some times we get for than 18 than again 14 dont know what the peobleum is a lot of confussing man is new 14 F 16 we buying or what

YES VERY CONFUSING.. PLease clear it up. Even i dont know whats going on, and one more thing, Did we recive another F16 today???

Nothing is confusing. Pakistan ordered 18 F-16 with an option for 18 more. Delivery of ordered 18 F-16 has commenced. Now Pakistan wants to excercise its option for remaining F-16 but instead of 18 they want 14. Thats all.

They are negotiating for those 14 F-16 which are already included in the previous contract with an option clause but the numbers have been reduced from 18 to 14.

Last edited:
So more of our tax money going down the drain rather then helping pay off the already substantial loan on the country or to help subsidize daily needs of the citizens. I personally find this news an insult and a slap on the poor of the country.

pakistab loan can never be paid off as long as the local politicians r still around

Nothing is confusing. Pakistan ordered 18 F-16 with an option for 18 more. Delivery of ordered 18 F-16 has commenced. Now Pakistan wants to excercise its option for remaining F-16 but instead of 18 they want 14. Thats all.

They are negotiating for those 14 F-16 which are already included in the previous contract with an option clause but the numbers have been reduced from 18 to 14.

well so other 14 when will arrive or those 14 would be better than what we have got now and what radar system our blk 52 has APG 66 or 68

45 F-16 A/B MLU M3
18 F-16 C/D Block 52+ will start arriving in few days.
18 F-16 C Block 52+ were on option which is now being exercised !
14 F-16 A/B Under use by USN to be released.

Total: 95 F-16's A/B-C/D

* 14 F-16's under USN would undergo MLU upgrades or not its yet to be seen if they do we would have a considerable Viper strike force by 2015-2016.

Are there any Reference to the USN agreesor Block A/B news ?
This is a bit new from my understanding can anyone shed some legit reference to back up this

> 45 F-16 A/B MLU M3 -> C/D levels
> 18 F-16 C/D Block 52+ will start arriving in few days.
> 18 F-16 C Block 52+ were on option which is now beingexercised !
> 14 F-16 A/B Under use by USN to be released.

Now - if we can have 100 F16C/D it would be fantastic

I know we heard that we are excercising the option (14) but that was part of the origional deal is this USN something new ?

So more of our tax money going down the drain rather then helping pay off the already substantial loan on the country or to help subsidize daily needs of the citizens. I personally find this news an insult and a slap on the poor of the country.

There would be no such thing of a daily need of a citizen in Pakistan if Pakistan was weak and attacked/invaded.

We are living in a very dangerous world; national security should always be a priority. The government of Pakistan has made a very smart move by rapidly building Pakistan's military.

Sorry bro this isn't the case. The PAF did order 18 Block-52+ with an option for 18 more, but these 14 F-16s are A/B models being acquired through the Excess Defence Articles (EDA) program. The option for 18 more Block-52+ still stands as well.

As most will know, the PAF originally planned for 50~75 Block-52+ in 2005 - but the earthquake and financial difficulties led to it being cut to 18 with an option for 18 more (36). However, I still believe there is scope for the original figure as long as production at Lockheed Martin continues for the next few years. This depends on whether new deals, such as Iraq, Romania, etc, are secured - certainly possible. The PAF did invest in raising infrastructure for Block-52+; and there is no doubt that it is an advanced yet highly matured as well as proven fighter.

Last edited:
Sorry bro this isn't the case. The PAF did order 18 Block-52+ with an option for 18 more, but these 14 F-16s are A/B models being acquired through the Excess Defence Articles (EDA) program. The option for 18 more Block-52+ still stands as well.

As most will know, the PAF originally planned for 50~75 Block-52+ in 2005 - but the earthquake and financial difficulties led to it being cut to 18 with an option for 18 more (36). However, I still believe there is scope for the original figure as long as production at Lockheed Martin continues for the next few years. This depends on whether new deals, such as Iraq, Romania, etc, are secured - certainly possible. The PAF did invest in raising infrastructure for Block-52+; and there is no doubt that it is an advanced yet highly matured as well as proven fighter.

Well I am sure we can place an order for 36 more F16C/D easily specially since we know there will also be demand from other countries like Iraq ho need a whole airforce etc

I don't think that F16 C/D manufacturing facility is going away anytime soon so we should place some orders

Well I am sure we can place an order for 36 more F16C/D easily specially since we know there will also be demand from other countries like Iraq ho need a whole airforce etc

I don't think that F16 C/D manufacturing facility is going away anytime soon so we should place some orders

We should try to get in a couple of block 60. I think Pakistan did put in a request.

As per these links below and also the general buzz in the media, these 14 are Block-52

Pakistan’s Block 52 F-16s with BVR guardians of the free world The Dawn

3 F-16 fighter planes to be inducted in PAF fleet Tomorrow | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

ASIAN DEFENCE: F-16 Block 52 with AMRAAM BVR Missiles to Start Joining PAF by June: PAF Air Chie

But I am open to be convinced otherwise.

H Khan from PakDef confirmed that they're EDA F-16A/Bs from the Military Attache in Washington D.C. Just in case you don't know, PakDef - in particular its members Usman Shabbir and H Khan - are credible sources of Pakistani military information. Both have also been approached for information by AFM, DefenseNews, etc.

95 F16 C/D is decent number for Pakistan airforce if we had another order on that we should be par with other regional airforces in region

Back
Top Bottom