What's new

14 More F16 for PAF (Approved by US)

Yeah! Did any other news come out about the 14 addnl F 16s, or was it misinterpreted?

Yeah! Did any other news come out about the 14 addnl F 16s, or was it misinterpreted?

PAF had a 'option' for 18 new blk 52s. they are under negotiation. the US agreed in principle.

the 'embargoed' 14 F-16s being used by the USN are also going to be delivered soon...these things take time.

45 F-16 A/B MLU M3
18 F-16 C/D Block 52+ will start arriving in few days.
18 F-16 C Block 52+ were on option which is now being exercised !
14 F-16 A/B Under use by USN to be released.

Total: 95 F-16's A/B-C/D

* 14 F-16's under USN would undergo MLU upgrades or not its yet to be seen if they do we would have a considerable Viper strike force by 2015-2016.

45 F-16 A/B MLU M3

* 14 F-16's under USN would undergo MLU upgrades or not its yet to be seen if they do we would have a considerable Viper strike force by 2015-2016.

Is it possible that the news of the 14 additional Block-52s could be part of the option for 18 new Block-52s that Pakistan has? But Pakistan is just opting for 14 rather than 18 additional?

So is it possible that this is what the F-16 fleet is going to turn out to be ...

18 F-16C/D Block-52 ... arriving from June 24/26
14 F-16C/D Block-52 availed from the option of additional 18
45 F-16A/B Block-15 existing fleet, will undergo MLU

A fleet of 77 F-16s?

Would appreciate comments.

Is it possible that the news of the 14 additional Block-52s could be part of the option for 18 new Block-52s that Pakistan has? But Pakistan is just opting for 14 rather than 18 additional?

So is it possible that this is what the F-16 fleet is going to turn out to be ...

18 F-16C/D Block-52 ... arriving from June 24/26
14 F-16C/D Block-52 availed from the option of additional 18
45 F-16A/B Block-15 existing fleet, will undergo MLU

A fleet of 77 F-16s?

Would appreciate comments.

PAF would be looking at a strength of somewhere 90+, as that would make it 5 Sqd strength, and PAF would like to have as much F-16s possible through EDA as upgrading them to Blk 52 would not be that costly compared to getting a newer Blk 52.

And yeah PAF has talked about getting those 14 under i believe USN as aggressor sqd which are said to be in very good condition and good flying time left in them.

I wonder if the U.S. would ok Turkey transferring some F-16s over when the F-35s start to come in. Many of them have improved airframes by TAI for extended hours. Though they will all have GE engines so that could cause logistic issues. Unless PAF can switch them out with PW ones.

I wonder if the U.S. would ok Turkey transferring some F-16s over when the F-35s start to come in. Many of them have improved airframes by TAI for extended hours. Though they will all have GE engines so that could cause logistic issues. Unless PAF can switch them out with PW ones.

Jigs i think the f-35 induction is still a good time away .As Turkey is a level 3 partner and before them there are level 1 and level2 partners like US,Uk,Italy and Netherlands who also want to induct f-35 as soon as possible specially the USAF so i dont see f-35 coming to Turkey before 2016-2017 and at that time i dont see PAF going for used f-16's as india by then will be going for 5th generation aircrafts unless and untill Pakistan economy will be in poor condition and not allowing PAF to induct 5th generation aircraft or even 4.5++

Also there are many aircrafts in Turkish airforce inventory like f-4 and f-5 which have to be retired before f-16's as they are less potent than f-16's

Last edited:
Jigs i think the f-35 induction is still a good time away .As Turkey is a level 3 partner and before them there are level 1 and level2 partners like US,Uk,Italy and Netherlands who also want to induct f-35 as soon as possible specially the USAF so i dont see f-35 coming to Turkey before 2016-2017 and at that time i dont see PAF going for used f-16's as india by then will be going for 5th generation aircrafts unless and untill Pakistan economy will be in poor condition and not allowing PAF to induct 5th generation aircraft or even 4.5++

Also there are many aircrafts in Turkish airforce inventory like f-4 and f-5 which have to be retired before f-16's as they are less potent than f-16's

We have retired a number of F-16s for various reasons already. I don't see any of the non CCIP ones staying on too long mainly the block 30 airframes that don't get the upgrade as those are too old. F-5s are already in a semi retired status. And the only F-4s that get good air time are the 2020 terminators which are only used for ground-attack.
Lets see how everything turns out i think PAF would ok the CCIP aircraft. They would be an upgrade over the JF-17s.

45 F-16 A/B MLU M3

Jeez man, thats a lot of F-16s. So I guess the 500 million USD spent on Jacobabad airbase seems reasonable.

By 2015, i don't care what India has, i mean, PAF would be operating large fleet of F-16s, F-17s and maybe J-10s.

Nice!

Thanks for the post!

Khan Ji, maybe its my age, or my experience, or my little knowledge of history that I could tolerate to be called a Dog while you could not. But being called a Dog and accept it as such not in literal but indicative meanings(though I did condemn the generalization) is less pathetic and disgusting than the undeniable fact that our successive regimes have indeed been acting like the Dogs of the USA. It’s the nature of a Dog to sacrifice itself for its master in return of very little or not at all; this definitely is not the behavior of a partner or an ally. We offered our unilateral services to our American masters back in 1950s and 60s (there was a reason why self-proclaimed FM Ayub had to pen down ‘Friends not Masters’) , in 80s and now in 2000s in return of nothing but harm to our own country.

At any rate, if my words have caused you discomfort, I seek apology.

words well said, as much as i love my pakistan, i have started to hate its people govt more. i mean where is that point where people stop taking bribes an looting the country. using politics an religion to their advantage an taking part in unethical, uneducated caveman behaviors. i use to argue with people against pakistan situation an taking its side, not realizing thats its not pakistan fault its the people running the country. we are the ones always running after the US with our tongue hanging tail wagging, impressed with a gora sahab, an they shake few $$$$$ we wag the tail. i mean no self respect, whats happen to the people of pakistan what happen to the politicans man. they are uneducated, ill mannered, stealing credit cards, saying openly that taking bribes is their given right. they way they are going next they will sell their parents an family for few hundred Rs.

i just wonder when will someone wake up an bring justice in this an to this country... :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::sniper:

words well said, as much as i love my pakistan, i have started to hate its people govt more. i mean where is that point where people stop taking bribes an looting the country. using politics an religion to their advantage an taking part in unethical, uneducated caveman behaviors. i use to argue with people against pakistan situation an taking its side, not realizing thats its not pakistan fault its the people running the country. we are the ones always running after the US with our tongue hanging tail wagging, impressed with a gora sahab, an they shake few $$$$$ we wag the tail. i mean no self respect, whats happen to the people of pakistan what happen to the politicans man. they are uneducated, ill mannered, stealing credit cards, saying openly that taking bribes is their given right. they way they are going next they will sell their parents an family for few hundred Rs.

i just wonder when will someone wake up an bring justice in this an to this country... :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::sniper:

Imran Khan FTW:pakistan:

PAF would be looking at a strength of somewhere 90+, as that would make it 5 Sqd strength, and PAF would like to have as much F-16s possible through EDA as upgrading them to Blk 52 would not be that costly compared to getting a newer Blk 52.

And yeah PAF has talked about getting those 14 under i believe USN as aggressor sqd which are said to be in very good condition and good flying time left in them.
If U.S.-Pakistan relations remain warm over this decade (2010-2020), then we may see PAF raise its F-16 fleet past 100 easily. Besides the option of new-built F-16s, the PAF may also acquire some used F-16C/D from USAF.

If U.S.-Pakistan relations remain warm over this decade (2010-2020), then we may see PAF raise its F-16 fleet past 100 easily. Besides the option of new-built F-16s, the PAF may also acquire some used F-16C/D from USAF.

History tells us that US has never Been anyones freind for that long. its like being getting used and thrown away like a toy. Thats what USA will do to pak when it(USA) finishes the war With Afghanistan after its LOSS in 2-3 years of time frame. Refer my words after this time and ull realize the reality

honestely gus no one needs to worry about india PAF for a long time now has been in a defencive role and much of that is beacucse of our stand off weapons ie. babur and our blastic missels we will have close to 100 f 16 and over 100 jf 17 and maybe 36 fc20 with f 7pg and mirage ROSE that my friends is preety stacked with kj200 and saab eyries with our news sams and BVR missels ..... soo we dont need to worry if we want we can get more fc 20 which will keep IAF at bay and once FGFA is in IAF will have jxx maybe soo we are good for the next 15 years but if i see it we need a navy which india has excerised on alot we need to worry about that alot

well some times we get for than 18 than again 14 dont know what the peobleum is a lot of confussing man is new 14 F 16 we buying or what

Back
Top Bottom