What's new

14 dishes to eat if you're a vegan in Karachi

Christians, tribals in the north-east, Dalits and some Hindus (this one included) eat pork. Not on a daily basis; as and when affordable, and clean.

The same with beef: Christians, tribals in the north-east, Dalits and some Hindus, and also Muslims eat beef. Not on a daily basis; as and when affordable, and clean.

If you want to graph vegetarianism in India, take a point somewhere in northern Gujarat, about 100 kms from the border with Rajasthan, and draw increasingly larger circles, about 500 kms larger each time. The further away a place is, the more it is likely to have a population that is non-vegetarian. By the time you get to a segment going beyond Maharashtra in the south, Madhya Pradesh in the east, and Bihar in the north-east, and Haryana in the north, it's mostly non-veg, but with the forbidden meats excluded. The Punjab, for instance, bans both beef and pork; the Sardar eats chicken and mutton, if he and his family eat meat at all. After Bengal, that eats tons of fish, and mutton and chicken, it's non-vegetarian, meat eating all the way to Burma.
Lazy Mate...it is word problem which I'm being asked to solve...why don't you download a map and using any decent graphics app, add those circles :lol:
But I got what you mean so no worries. Good info..thanks.. though I don't know accurate it is but since there is no other source available so I'll take it :D:P

Thanks for this amazing bit of Information. :tup:

There's this misinformation floating around about Indian food habits, and it's hilarious. I eat everything; on a daily basis, I'd be sick too far away from a frugal, low-calorie vegetarian diet; it's just too f__king hot for anything else. And veggie (not vegan) food is extremely interesting; it's all to do with the mix of spice you use. On a typical dish, here' the list of stuff needed to be gathered and kept ready before starting to cook:

Bhindi-ki-Sabzi.jpg

Bhindi ki Sabzi Recipe Card
Print
Hindi: bhindi
Also called as okra and gumbo in the rest of the world, ladyfingers are had best when cooked fresh. Stuff with a tangy masala, deep-fry to crisp with peanuts, serve in raita or batter fry as pakoras, this finger is definitely an all-rounder! It even takes the sour of lemon or dry mango powder very well. When buying, look for young pods free of bruises, tender but not soft, and no more than four inches long.

Prep Time : 0-5 minutes

Cook time : 16-20 minutes

Serve : 4

Level Of Cooking : Easy

Taste : Mild

Ingredients for Bhindi ki Sabzi Recipe
  • Ladyfingers (bhindi) washed 500 grams
  • Onions finely chopped 2 medium
  • Green chillies 2
  • Oil 1 tablespoon
  • Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
  • Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
  • Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
  • Dry mango powder (amchur) 1 teaspoon
  • Salt to taste

There's this misinformation floating around about Indian food habits, and it's hilarious. I eat everything; on a daily basis, I'd be sick too far away from a frugal, low-calorie vegetarian diet; it's just too f__king hot for anything else. And veggie (not vegan) food is extremely interesting; it's all to do with the mix of spice you use. On a typical dish, here' the list of stuff needed to be gathered and kept ready before starting to cook:

Bhindi-ki-Sabzi.jpg

Bhindi ki Sabzi Recipe Card
Print
Hindi: bhindi
Also called as okra and gumbo in the rest of the world, ladyfingers are had best when cooked fresh. Stuff with a tangy masala, deep-fry to crisp with peanuts, serve in raita or batter fry as pakoras, this finger is definitely an all-rounder! It even takes the sour of lemon or dry mango powder very well. When buying, look for young pods free of bruises, tender but not soft, and no more than four inches long.

Prep Time : 0-5 minutes

Cook time : 16-20 minutes

Serve : 4

Level Of Cooking : Easy

Taste : Mild

Ingredients for Bhindi ki Sabzi Recipe
  • Ladyfingers (bhindi) washed 500 grams
  • Onions finely chopped 2 medium
  • Green chillies 2
  • Oil 1 tablespoon
  • Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
  • Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
  • Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
  • Dry mango powder (amchur) 1 teaspoon
  • Salt to taste

I'm going to try that tomorrow!

:o:

You need to get all the spices together first. Remember, if you are doing this, okra always needs washing, and drying with a paper napkin, or a kitchen cloth, VERY carefully.

Lazy Mate...it is word problem which I'm being asked to solve...why don't you download a map and using any decent graphics app, add those circles :lol:
But I got what you mean so no worries. Good info..thanks.. though I don't know accurate it is but since there is no other source available so I'll take it :D:P

You ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Just wait till I sell you a used car!!

Back
Top Bottom