What's new

13 die in drone attack in Pakistan

I don't understand one thing all these militants are holed up in the NW part of Pakistan why can't the army mount a force of 60,000-100,000 soldiers together with attack helicopters and take care of these punks once and for all?

There must be say only 15,000 militants there and although they may be hard as nails and prepared to fight to the death will lack the sophisticated weapons that the PAK army will have and this together with some helicopter gunships and F16 can wipe them out.

If it was so easy, America would have conquered all the Afghanistan by now. Mountainous terrains, Dense forrests, Civilian populations, Narrow passageways where soldiers can't go on foot. Mountain peeks, Hidden tunnels bored by militants and what not.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

And this drone strike occured in an area where Pakistan Army is doing operation. So i assume, it was by Pak Army Armed Drone.CH-3

I don't understand one thing all these militants are holed up in the NW part of Pakistan why can't the army mount a force of 60,000-100,000 soldiers together with attack helicopters and take care of these punks once and for all?

There must be say only 15,000 militants there and although they may be hard as nails and prepared to fight to the death will lack the sophisticated weapons that the PAK army will have and this together with some helicopter gunships and F16 can wipe them out.

So, was the US able to clear out Afghan mujahideen with their daisy cutters and F-16s and JDAMs and massacares and carpet bombing? What makes you think Pakistan Army can do it?

if they lay down guns or hide guns you even can't recognize them from civil . they grow with support of locals too .only targted operations work on them . even you send 1mn solders they will go control it but at night guerrilla or hide on mountains and firee on solders run and go sleep in there homes road side blasts your solders suicide attacks on you .a country like pakistan can't damn wast billions like nato isaf . and TBH tell me true yeti nato -US won in afghanistan ? there is no taliban left after trillions of $ and 11 years of full scale war ?

You don't need to. This might sound harsh but you will need to adopt a more PLA approach:-- combing operations. There might be some unwilling victims too but if they support the militants then the only way left is:

- Quarantine
- Target
- Kill

And repeat these steps over and over till they either surrender or become extinct. Even for those menace mongers holed up in northern areas, I advocate the same methods. The current methods that we or you adopt is pathetic and is not working.

main reason for no full assault are
1. strong repercussions if a full scar attack is launched. police cant handle it, i.e blasts in settled areas.
2. india have clearly given signals that they would take advantage of major army shift.
3. Economical costs of doing such a large operation.
4. political reasons

main reason for no full assault are
1. strong repercussions if a full scar attack is launched. police cant handle it, i.e blasts in settled areas.
2. india have clearly given signals that they would take advantage of major army shift.
3. Economical costs of doing such a large operation.
4. political reasons

What do you mean about India ?

They only persist by exploiting local conditions! If food is bad, water is bad all is bad! These people come and give locals hope that they can change a thing and eventually, with enough time and people, they do.

Back
Top Bottom