What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

Reading above i wud put afghan casuality at 40 or above
This is what happened Pakistan demanded Afghan forces to stop cross border shelling but they never stopped. After sometime there were few huge blasts on afghan side and Immediately Afghanistan demanded ceasefire. I have no info what hit them was it Pakistani artillery or Air strikes but Afghan demanded immediate ceasefire

upload_2017-5-5_20-56-13.png

I've actually shared my experiences on many threads, haven't compiled them anywhere though. And yes, I served in Bajaur (Op Sherdil, Pak's first major anti-terror offensive) and then was assigned to Op Rah-e-Rast, by accident, as I like to call it, when I was offloaded there from my heli to make room for a casualty. I spent the night there fighting to retain control of the Swat Golf Course whose sand pits had been used to accommodate Arty. The area had been surrounded by the TTP and they were trying to overrun our position. We survived, was able to take the next sortie out about four days later and was back within two weeks, some officers were pleased by the way I conducted myself under siege (something I got used to in Bajaur) and asked me to be assigned to them. That tenure was only for about a year though.

These very words are very interesting and indeed give the in depth experienced analysis of our war on terror. Indeed. They would be absolute treat to read. Journalists can never write about the war like those who experienced it. Thanks for telling me about it. :D

I reported 37 dead Afghan soldiers and the number will rise as there were many more injured and Afghan have no immediate hospital available in the area. Last time there were huge blasts in the same area when an afghan ammo depot blew up Afghan were offered to use Pakistani hospitals for their casualties. Ambulances were sent to the border to help those injured this happened about 2 weeks ago.

I'm honoured that you would be interested in the words of an old windbag like myself :-D

Your experience of the war is beyond gold. War on terror. We never got to hear the stories of soldiers. The tactics of the enemy and the tactics of our own. The experience of it. You should write a book about your experiences and the experience of others. Rarely does The voice from the front lines makes it to us civilians.

I do not support any sort of lethal conflict between Afghanistan and Pakistan but ANA was not involved in today's skirmishes at Chaman so the claim of 30+ causality of ANA by some members here is a hoax.

The harsh truth is that Pakistani forces intentionally crossed into nearby villages and despite repeated warnings by the Afghan Border Police ABP they didn't moved and then the firing started. The Pakistani border forces lacked proper knowledge of the territory and thus trapped within the area, ABP took the leverage of the situation and captured 1 APC, a pickup truck and destroyed another APC which belonged to the Pakistani border forces. Some Pakistani forces were killed on the spot and remaining retreated with causality, later on both Pakistani and Afghan border forces called for reinforcements which resulted the clash to prolong for hours which ended up killing or injuring of 14 ABP; then ABP started shelling the border area.

I am personally very tired of seeing Afghans and Pakistanis putting knives on each others throats every now and then.

IG FC Balochistan briefs Nisar on Chaman firing incident
File Photo

file-photo-1493998881-8384.jpg

08:41 PM, 5 May, 2017
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to LinkedInShare to EmailShare to More
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan made a telephonic contact with Inspector General of Frontier Corps Balochistan Major General Nadeem Ahmed, who briefed him on the firing incident along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border near Chaman.

The Minister said Afghan security agencies have failed to establish peace in their own country, but have set a wrong precedent by shelling innocent citizens of Pakistan.

He said the befitting response from the FC and the Pakistan Army will certainly discourage incidents of firing from Afghanistan in future.

http://www.radio.gov.pk/05-May-2017/ig-fc-balochistan-briefs-nisar-on-chaman-firing-incident

Ajeeb bc charsi qoum hai, they can't handle their own country and instead fire on Pakistani civilians to release frustration.

I do not support any sort of lethal conflict between Afghanistan and Pakistan but ANA was not involved in today's skirmishes at Chaman so the claim of 30+ causality of ANA by some members here is a hoax.

The harsh truth is that Pakistani forces intentionally crossed into nearby villages and despite repeated warnings by the Afghan Border Police ABP they didn't moved and then the firing started. The Pakistani border forces lacked proper knowledge of the territory and thus trapped within the area, ABP took the leverage of the situation and captured 1 APC, a pickup truck and destroyed another APC which belonged to the Pakistani border forces. Some Pakistani forces were killed on the spot and remaining retreated with causality, later on both Pakistani and Afghan border forces called for reinforcements which resulted the clash to prolong for hours which ended up killing or injuring of 14 ABP; then ABP started shelling the border area.

I am personally very tired of seeing Afghans and Pakistanis putting knives on each others throats every now and then.
those villages were within our territory.
about your graet forces. we can turn you into ashes with the fire power we have.
by the way you need to immediately visit the garaves of your 37+ brave soldiers who are good at killing civilians.

Pakistan already informed Afghanis on hot line in advance about census just like it did to India. They just saw some census workers and killed them along with civilians.

Afghan Gov has accepted Pakistani Gov claim and has also accepted that Pakistani force never entered the Afghan area. This is the latest from the talks on the border.

Back
Top Bottom