What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

You're knew so you probably don't know. I'm ex-Army. I speak from experience and also from input from hundreds if not thousands of my comrades still serving.

Yes because funny thing, I just mentioned that the area in question is FC mandate and there is no Army presence.

Its a cross border exchange of fire, overwhelming air and ground response to that would only diminish your capacity to reserve the threat of a stronger response. If you had studied the theory of credible deterrence, you would know that every incident can only be escalated to a certain, calculated degree. If you pull out your biggest gun on the first move, you have effectively relinquished your threat to further escalate response in the case of continued enemy aggression whilst leaving the opposition with all their options intact.

Right and who is supposed to anticipate such situations and respond to them? Next you are going to tell me an attack from India is the mandate of Punjab police and the army can do nothing about it? Stop making excuses whether FC or army they have failed to respond to the situation and ultimately army is responsible. Aren't the commanding officers in Fc army officers and isn't it a paramilitary force?

Secondly, Afghans have no leverage over us and we can do whatever we want without any military repercussions from Afghans. There won't be any continued aggression because after an overwhelming attack they will be in no position to respond

Switch on your fu***kn TV instead of quoting me. It is on Duniya news

Declaration of war is very serious. Extremely serious. The afghan govt is messed up but not this messed up.

Declaration of war is very serious. Extremely serious. The afghan govt is messed up but not this messed up.
Indian ungli hai they. Indian forces got harassed yesterday by freedom fighters

The Afghan Air force has not been involved, it has been cross border small arms and mortar fire.

Well, that's what one of BHarwana post said. Nonetheless they killed quite a few of our civilians. Response has to be strong

Back
Top Bottom