What's new

11 Muslims sentenced to death in India’s Gujarat riots case

AHMEDABAD, India : An Indian court on Tuesday handed 11 death sentences and 20 life terms to Muslims convicted of burning Hindus alive in a 2002 train fire, triggering an orgy of revenge attacks that killed 2,000.
Last week, 31 Muslims were found guilty on murder and conspiracy charges for causing the train fire in the western state of Gujarat.
Fifty-nine Hindu pilgrims perished in the blaze at Godhra station, sparking an anti-Muslim backlash that resulted in some of India's worst religious violence since independence from Britain in 1947.
Hindu mobs hungry for revenge rampaged through Muslim neighbourhoods in several cities during three days of bloodshed.
A total of 94 people, all Muslims, had stood trial at a court in Gujarat's biggest city Ahmedabad where they had been detained since 2002. The judge acquitted 63 of them.
Responsibility for the fire has been the subject of fierce dispute between India's Hindu and Muslim communities, and the trial verdicts supported Hindu claims that it was a planned attack.
Previously, a national inquiry concluded that the fire was an accident, though other official investigations contradicted that finding.
The judge felt the crimes fell "under the category of the rarest of the rare", special public prosecutor J.M. Panchal told reporters outside the court.
"There was an active role, as far as these people are concerned, in the conspiracy and also setting fire to the coach," he said. Defence lawyer I.M. Munshi said all the men would appeal against the punishment. "It is very difficult to swallow," he said.
Extra police had been put on duty across Gujarat to prevent any outbreak of communal violence after the verdicts, but no unrest was reported.
Local authorities had also banned television stations and newspapers from broadcasting or printing the many graphic images taken during the riots to avoid stirring up religious tensions.
During the 2002 slaughter in Ahmedabad and elsewhere, witnesses said baying Hindu mobs surrounded and raped Muslim women, then poured kerosene down their throats and their children's throats and threw lit matches at them. AFP

Complete lies!

I am Gujarati and I know what happened! Actually that is the reason why riots happened.

Godhra is Muslim majority village where 59 Hindus were burnt alive because they went to visit their holy place 'Rama Janmabhoomi' which is where Babri was situated. And they went for pilgrim soon after Babri demolition and religious sentiments were all time high at that time!

And NO RAPING took place! Out of 1500 total deaths in the state. Most of them were due to clashes between two groups and some stabbings.

SP is actually a party of Jats and Gujjars.
They follow the principles of Ram Manohar Lohia whose philosophy calls for death of all Muslims.
what???? ARE YOU really from INDIA or from some where else?
Samajvadhi Party chief Mulayam Sing Yadev commands most respect of the Muslim population of UP and you are posting utter BS.
Either you are a idiot with low IQ and does not read news paper and you are Congress fool who thinks that some day you'll rule UP again.

LOL. It shows that how much you know about India.
he ment 69 muslim candidates of the SP who won the elections.

This thread is about godra incident ...verdicts out for those who burnt pilgrims ..
Title is clearly misleading

WHAT??? :eek:

I thought India does not have death penality!! WOW, guess not.
:tdown:

India has death penalty but is not carried out in practise.death penalty in India practically means life imprisionment without a chance of parole.

Probably that would change with Kasab.

Unfortunately, the nations who had been under islamic control now tend to kind of revenge of poor muslims under there control, like some nations they were almost vanished somewhere they seeked refuge in the islamic nations now they kill muslims insanely because they backed up by super power nation, and there crimes indeed reveals there morals and bloody culture.

Unfortunately, the nations who had been under islamic control now tend to kind of revenge of poor muslims under there control, like some nations they were almost vanished somewhere they seeked refuge in the islamic nations now they kill muslims insanely because they backed up by super power nation, and there crimes indeed reveals there morals and bloody culture.
low IQ and low life, does not deserve a reply. If he had read the entire thread he would not be posting.
Guys are now a days lazzy to go through the entire thread before making a comment all they do it the moment they see a title, they jump guns with thier self proclimed superior IQ.
what a fool?

low IQ and low life, does not deserve a reply. If he had read the entire thread he would not be posting.
Guys are now a days lazzy to go through the entire thread before making a comment all they do it the moment they see a title, they jump guns with thier self proclimed superior IQ.
what a fool?
You even doesn't deserve to be replied I've already went through the post and watched the video, I thing my post touched you well.

This is how propagada is done by our BD brothers.

BD "brothers" ?!?!?...c'mon.

You even doesn't deserve to be replied I've already went through the post and watched the video, I thing my post touched you well.

Dont be a tool. Concentrate on your Shia-Sunni and oh yes, Kurd divide before coming here. Stop suicide bombing the other ethnicity.

Hinduism Buddhism Jainism and Sikhism are the 4 indigenous religions of the subcontinent Islam though may be the religion of the arabs was never even there until Arab traders then invaders started coming to the subcontinent now does this mean we don't like muslims? absolutely not to prove this the man that is responsible for the Indian missile and nuclear weapons program honorable Dr. APJ Kalam is a muslim not to mention dozens of women and children burned in Godra how do you not expect retribution for that from the opposite side? the people who committed the atrocities belong to far right Hindu and Muslim organizations or were just individual radicals

A year old thread, nothing to do with bangladesh, no value of defence.

Mods please move this thread somewhere else and lock it

Back
Top Bottom