What's new

11 childhood games today's kids are unlikely to play

I was expert in Carom(expert now also), Pittu (called also Basket), Ludo (though it was known as ladies game), Kanche (known as "Bati" in Odia), many times I got thrashed by my mother because of this bati. Then "Gilli Danda" another favorite. And finally "Latu" where you have to break other person's Latu using yours (though I was unsuccessful of playing it on palm top).

On other hand children of todays are also lack knowledge how to Play "Cards". In my days 29 and bray was the most favorite of all.
It's a shame to see how younger generations are missing out on such awesome games.I was pretty much an expert in every game,my favorite pittu.Did any one play Frisbee?

@Nihonjin1051 and @SvenSvensonov The games @WAJsal is discussing are without any expensive equipments or trainers. No body knew how some of the games came into picture and who framed the rules. Right @WAJsal ??
True,at one point i thought people were making their own rules.It's quite fascinating when you think about it,Indians play these games so do Pakistanis,hmm,there might be a connection.As much as i know these games are pretty old.Although,it was quite tough to find marbles for pittu and a stick and a smaller stick for "Gilli gunda" ,but we always managed.

It's a shame to see how younger generations are missing out on such awesome games.I was pretty much an expert in every game,my favorite pittu.Did any one play Frisbee?

Pitu (or basket) was such a game in which a person when he gets hits by the rubber ball will have his skin turned red. The center piece is a stack of seven slates or plain stones. But another version of that game is when people do not find stones or slates, they make a circle and every person has to put in one leg into that circle and the ball is dropped in the middle and the first person who is hit by the ball will try to hit another one with the same.

Then they become two player team and they try to hit the third who also become the team member and the process goes on till all the members are hit by the ball.

@WAJsal For "Gilli Danda" Guava tree's sticks are the best!!

Also another game where today's children lack is "Kite Flying"!! @utraash

Sari kheli hain siwai bandar killa k.

What about aik pakar kai dou and chor police?

by the way u guys forgot to add "maar kutai and qaidi qaidi" :P
used to play it with plastic/rubber ball :p

Reception will be held in Rishikesh for sure ... Keep your calendar free anytime before dushera this year..... Ohkay meri pdf Ki bhaanji(sis daughter) ..... Or aaj se main aapko bhaanje raja kahunga bolo....?
ok maamu as your wish :-) :enjoy:

I was expert in Carom(expert now also), Pittu (called also Basket), Ludo (though it was known as ladies game), Kanche (known as "Bati" in Odia), many times I got thrashed by my mother because of this bati. Then "Gilli Danda" another favorite. And finally "Latu" where you have to break other person's Latu using yours (though I was unsuccessful of playing it on palm top).

On other hand children of todaysdo also lack knowledge how to Play "Cards". In my days 29 and bray was the most favorite of all.

@45'22' @gslv @desert warrior @levina @jbgt90 @WAJsal @Dash your views!!
Brother we never used to play any game which usually involves us to sit for some time instead we used to play outdoor sports even in afternoon of summer holidays.....
Fir mumy kehthi thi Ki dhoop me khel khel k bhoot ban gya hai .....

@Nihonjin1051 and @SvenSvensonov The games @WAJsal is discussing are without any expensive equipments or trainers. No body knew how some of the games came into picture and who framed the rules. Right @WAJsal ??

:o:, Why'd you tag me for an explanation? I haven't made a single comment yet:mad:. I don't need an explanation for something I've yet to discuss:p:.

Last edited:
Pitu (or basket) was such a game in which a person when he gets hits by the rubber ball will have his skin turned red. The center piece is a stack of seven slates or plain stones. But another version of that game is when people do not find stones or slates, they make a circle and every person has to put in one leg into that circle and the ball is dropped in the middle and the first person who is hit by the ball will try to hit another one with the same.

Then they become two player team and they try to hit the third who also become the team member and the process goes on till all the members are hit by the ball.

@WAJsal For "Gilli Danda" Guava tree's sticks are the best!!

Also another game where today's children lack is "Kite Flying"!! @utraash
Bhai bahut khela hai Pithu yaar kapade Ki ball se lekar pithu Ki actual ball tak.... Un Dino Ki baat hi alag thi.... Aaj k kids phone or computer tak hi seemat Gaye yaar iski vajah se obesity badh rahi hai bacho me aajkal ....
I remember my days full of uchal kood, wounds, bruise on my bodies ....
Yha tak Ki main dono arm fracture karwa chuka voh bhi 7th standard se phele hi.....

Paushampa bhai paushampa yaad hai ?

ok maamu as your wish :-) :enjoy:
Toh bhaanji raja abhi cash kar lo moment baki ka pta nhi ..... Jo uchal kood machani hai machalo fir jindagi ka koi bharosa nhi.....
Hume toh pta hi nhi laga Ki kab ye uchal kood band ho gayi apne aap....

Unch neech ka pahar satay motion ka haar
agay pata nahe kia tha:what:

I was only 8 when they took my girl away
image.jpg

And to get back my love I kicked their sharny asses
image.jpg

Atlast I got her, but realized kicking *** is more fun than love, so got her out of my way
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom