What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

All of Indian's tenders China can meet within budget and on time, and with quality, just look at the equipments we exported, almost every system since 2000s, have came back with good review. Artillery systems, tanks, armored personnel carriers, warships, missiles and everything.
India is still third world, yet, India doesn't access the third world's best supplier China. World's best manufacturing power and we don't delay like the Russians or place limits like the Americans.

I was talking about Planes... Ofcourse you don't have it.., Ships >> we're actually improving alot in that field so not needed
Land based weapons for Army>>. Ya i would go for chinese if we've no problem

Speed Up LCA Mk2 and AMCA.. You never know when you might end up needing those..

Still assuming EVERY thing is comes for money mate Israel sold us many key tech like Swordfish radar phalcon radar might have sold us arrow 2 if usa not interviend in btw even Russia they helped us from the start with prithvi and cryo engines etc

they sold us those radars.......did they share those technologies so that we can make them inhouse....NO

but Russians are our ally........lets wait and see,what happens

You are not moving, you playing a diplomatic threat.

Dude for us money come today and goes tomo... we can't damage the diplomatic and future defence deal over it. Negotiations are still better option. and i don't really believe this news is accurate

In all honesty, I see this deal going through. The French are going to come to the harsh realization that without this deal, the Rafale dies (both for the international market and local production in France, which means loss of jobs, decrease in economy, the whole nine yards.). French will suffer more than India without this deal (BLUF).

But in the minute possibility that it doesn't and India tells the French to F-off (which i would love to see happen to those arrogant bastards btw), there are only two other logical options (Eurofighter and SuperHornet). The other three contenders would be disqualified for the following reasons.

1.) Mikoyan MIG-35 - Can't have all your major fighters sourced from a single vendor and can't trust them for parts nor can you trust them to deliver in a timely fashion. Also it's the least capable of the bunch.

2.) JAS-39 Gripen- With the Tejas MK1 and MK2 quickly coming along, the Gripen is pretty much useless.

3.) F-16-IN Super Viper - Logical reasons... Pakistan has them, no future for these jets as they are coming to the end of their life.

The only options left are the Typhoon and the SuperHornet.

1.) Eurofighter Typhoon- Do you really want a jet that Pakistan has easy access to (from Saudi's)?

2.) Boeing Advanced Super Hornet- Limited ToT, most capable AESA radar of the bunch (by a mile), has some 5th generation technology, similar engines as on Tejas MK2 for commonality, comes in a two-seater format, will deliver on time (or most likely ahead of schedule), and has a future well into the 2025 years.

India is running out of time, you wasted 10+ years on this nonsense and now your Squadron strength is declining. Either keep playing the cat and mouse game with the Frenchies for another 2 years or so or... get Hornets, build up squadron strength, pump saved money into TEJAS/PAKFA and have a full 4.5/4.75 generation fighter jet inventory with 5th generation jets in the pipeline.

Would China honestly sell J-10Bs and Cs to India?

I don't think it makes any strategic sense to buy from China.

China is the primary reason that India is buying Rafales.

J-10B/C versions would be known completely by the Chinese in terms of airframe performance and radar capabilities/weaknesses.

China can easily counter any Indian J-10B/Cs in any conflict.

I think it's ploy to keep the public, DRDO, Rafale quiet...

1. Public and Drdo would have opposed Rafale even without price escalation ( Tejas 162 cr Vs Rafale 750 cr)

2. So now when they issue 30 billion , that's 1475 cr ie 238 million $ per aircraft then revert to 750 cr .. We may think French is generous ..

3. Now French will be forced to issue a statement Rafale escalation won't be that much, and forced to not to demand anything more..

1475 cr for 1 Rafale , even France will not buy at that amount...

In all honesty, I see this deal going through. The French are going to come to the harsh realization that without this deal, the Rafale dies (both for the international market and local production in France, which means loss of jobs, decrease in economy, the whole nine yards.). French will suffer more than India without this deal (BLUF).

But in the minute possibility that it doesn't and India tells the French to F-off (which i would love to see happen to those arrogant bastards btw), there are only two other logical options (Eurofighter and SuperHornet). The other three contenders would be disqualified for the following reasons.

1.) Mikoyan MIG-35 - Can't have all your major fighters sourced from a single vendor and can't trust them for parts nor can you trust them to deliver in a timely fashion. Also it's the least capable of the bunch.

2.) JAS-39 Gripen- With the Tejas MK1 and MK2 quickly coming along, the Gripen is pretty much useless.

3.) F-16-IN Super Viper - Logical reasons... Pakistan has them, no future for these jets as they are coming to the end of their life.

1.) Eurofighter Typhoon- Do you really want a jet that Pakistan has easy access to (from Saudi's)?

2.) Boeing Advanced Super Hornet- Limited ToT, most capable AESA radar of the bunch (by a mile), has some 5th generation technology, similar engines as on Tejas MK2 for commonality, comes in a two-seater format, will deliver on time (or most likely ahead of schedule), and has a future well into the 2025 years.

India is running out of time, you wasted 10+ years on this nonsense and now your Squadron strength is declining. Either keep playing the cat and mouse game with the Frenchies for another 2 years or so or... get Hornets, build up squadron strength, pump saved money into TEJAS/PAKFA and have a full 4.5/4.75 generation fighter jet inventory with 5th generation jets in the pipeline.

You've a point there. but don't you think they might already have a hand in Su-30's of China?? similar we had a hand in f-16 of Israel. not to mention we both operate mirage.....
EFT is better that F-18 and rafale i think... better option EFT

EUROFIGHTER is the second preferred bidder.. It stands more chance than F18.

I prefer to buy f 414 whole technology and Israeli 2052 AESA with the least amount, and get the AMCA prototype flying already ..

I don't think it makes any strategic sense to buy from China.

China is the primary reason that India is buying Rafales.

J-10B/C versions would be known completely by the Chinese in terms of airframe performance and radar capabilities/weaknesses.

China can easily counter any Indian J-10B/Cs in any conflict.

Actually this discussion started as """ If india and China were Friends"""

Of all the above F18 advanced super hornet is the best , cheapest and most potent by at least 'two miles' but the onli thing is Americans are realli stupid when it comes to "strings attached" and no way IAF or MOD will be ready to put there heads under the US "strings" other wise its better to have 30 Billion 4s worth F18s than on french rafale + if US plays honestlli it just might get the deal but they have to be sensible and honst to indian conditions too

Getting the AMCA prototype in air, we can demand a fair deal from both French and Russians...

Getting the AMCA prototype in air, we can demand a fair deal from both French and Russians...

that would take another 2 years or so given the delay... hmm i don't think so... We need MMRCA right away

Back
Top Bottom