What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

Looking at this configuration anyone would feel it makes better sense to buy this bird for operational purpose and 2 Vs 6 M2K, makes financial sense as well. I am loving this bird.

IAF selected it over superhornets and eurofighter.....it gotta be good........ and i think India will be buying 200 of them
492917_j63mhg.gif

I hope Antony comes up with convincing excuses why this deal got derailed. :hang2:

OK guys 'n gals, I'll preemptively admit that I did not read the whole 17 pages as there is simply no reason IMHoO.

3 remarks the only serious one being this :
From that article :
"A top defence ministry official said the price of a fighter jet made by Dassault could now cost $120 million (Rs746 crore)."

That's it? That useless secret source blah blah blah single sentence that cannot be proven, inferred nor contradicted since it is baseless had you going full speed ahead for 17 pages? REALLY?
I say this without disrespect but either you are all nuts or you have too much free time on your hands!

I's not worth answering but still, if the 120M$ per plane was for the whole thing : acquisition + maintenance + spares + ToT +licensing BTW it wouldn't be anything special ( flyaway cost only would obviously be wrong )! But again, saying even that little about a non-existent piece of info is already too much and I only added it to answer Janon's query!
:wave:

Please wake me up when something even closely related to reality in reporting surfaces?

As a rule of thumb though add these 2 points that I'll take full blame for, ideally in the right/concerned threads :
After 20+ years, any poster/post that cannot spell RAFALE ( or differentiate the plane from the Israeli company )
is non-relevant!

And anyone placing the J-10 A B or Z above the Rafale as of Jan/Feb 2014 is a fanboy detached from reality!

No offense meant otherwise, good day to you and yours all, talk to you when real news emerge, Tay.

Last edited:
there is no official confirmation that the deal got derailed....... keep calm and believe in antony
sometimes i think we should by it even it too costly meteor missiles are coming with it. it can solve our bvr problem very much and secondly china has almost access to all russian tech we possess so we western need tech too counter

sometimes i think we should by it even it too costly meteor missiles are coming with it it can solve our bvr problem very much and secondly china has almost access to all russian tech we possess so we western tech too counter

not astra......but rafale is a good medium multirole fighter.......we should buy it

yes I think astra is good but still next gen bvr meteor missile is joint development program and have good reputation we should buy it in large numbers as we can

whats the range,speed and cost of meteor????
any idea mate.....

yes I think astra is good but still next gen bvr meteor missile is joint development program and have good reputation we should buy it in large numbers as we can

Meteor has a much greater (theoretical until field-tested) advantage: the two-way datalink.

In theory you can fire it, pass control to another platform (another aircraft, an UAV or ground/sea based sensor platform) and cue it on target while reading back missile status, telemetric data and (partially pre-processed) seeked data.

If it's possible to reprogram quickly what data is sent back and partially reprogram the control system or choose different presets it opens lots of interesting opportunities about improving hit probability or collecting data useful for the follow on missiles already in flight.

Good . Isnt it?

Years, Years wasted on for choosing medium multi role fighter, resulted in the form of increase in price every year,wages, salaries of labor, cost of product, everything is increased with time, You will get end product twice or thrice more than of original price. 2003 or 2005 was the best time for this deal.

Googled and found this
AIM-120C = 300,000 (Armada Int'l) ~ 386,000 USD (Wikipedia)
MICA = 2,160,000 EUR (French National Assembly report, programme unit cost as of 2003) / 1,118,000 EUR (French National Assembly report, production unit cost as of 1999)
ASRAAM = 262,000 GBP (Wikipedia)
IRIS-T = 400,000 EUR (Wikipedia)
AIM-9X = 262,000 USD (Wikipedia)
R-77 = ~100,000 (Wikipedia)
R-73 = ?
Exocet = 800,000 EUR for AM-39 (Wikipedia)
Harpoon = 720,000 USD (Wikipedia)
Derby = ?
Python 5 = ?
Meteor = 890,000 EUR (French National Assembly report, expected unit cost as of 2003)
cost of modern missiles?
MBDA Meteor - Aircraft Wiki (900,000 EUR)

Meteor has a much greater (theoretical until field-tested) advantage: the two-way datalink.

In theory you can fire it, pass control to another platform (another aircraft, an UAV or ground/sea based sensor platform) and cue it on target while reading back missile status, telemetric data and (partially pre-processed) seeked data.

If it's possible to reprogram quickly what data is sent back and partially reprogram the control system or choose different presets it opens lots of interesting opportunities about improving hit probability or collecting data useful for the follow on missiles already in flight.

Good . Isnt it?
Yes that why iaf issued Rfi(eyes on meteor) for it after Cag questioned them on R-77
Indian Air Force Issues RFI for Long Range BVR Missiles | Global Military Review

MBDA Eyes Meteor Deal For Indian Rafales

Googled and found this
AIM-120C = 300,000 (Armada Int'l) ~ 386,000 USD (Wikipedia)
MICA = 2,160,000 EUR (French National Assembly report, programme unit cost as of 2003) / 1,118,000 EUR (French National Assembly report, production unit cost as of 1999)
ASRAAM = 262,000 GBP (Wikipedia)
IRIS-T = 400,000 EUR (Wikipedia)
AIM-9X = 262,000 USD (Wikipedia)
R-77 = ~100,000 (Wikipedia)
R-73 = ?
Exocet = 800,000 EUR for AM-39 (Wikipedia)
Harpoon = 720,000 USD (Wikipedia)
Derby = ?
Python 5 = ?
Meteor = 890,000 EUR (French National Assembly report, expected unit cost as of 2003)
cost of modern missiles?
MBDA Meteor - Aircraft Wiki (900,000 EUR)

bahut jyada hai :lol:

Good . Isnt it?

field tested
RAFALE Fighter Jet Completes First Test Flight In New Heavily Armed Configuration | Ottawa Citizen

Meteor
Length3.65 m
Diameter0.178 m
WarheadHigh Explosive Blast-Fragmentation
Detection mechanismProximity / Impact
EngineThrottleable ducted rocket
Operational range100+ km (60+ mi) [ Est. as per akand ( 120 ) validated by trial pilot rumors ]
Speedover Mach 4
Guidance systemInertial Mid-course with Datalinked Updates, Active Radar
Launch platformEurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale, JAS 39 Gripen

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom