What's new

Featured 10 soldiers martyred, 1militant killed and 3 apprehended when BLF attacked military check post in Balochistan's Kech district

What do these outposts even look like? If an outpost can't defend being outnumbered 5:1, then there's no point in there being an outpost anyway because it will be torched by militants. Every fort should be built to a specific standard by being well protected and having more firepower than militants (mortars, artillery, machine gun posts, etc). They have to be connected with other posts too. I can bet you that the outpost in question was weak and easy to attack, just like we've seen in all the other videos.
Exactly, they are poorly equipped. Imagine the FC & checkposts in Balochistan and KP even didn't had automatic machine guns till mid-2000s.. They have improved but still need much better.

The green toyoya hiluxes in these areas need to be replaced with Humvee or better protected vehicles.

Nah bro this argument is not valid - please read this....i assure you posts like these are no where close to any village... only people you find in areas like these are militants or their facilitators who provide food, shelter and water to the runners

View attachment 811455

I agree. my point was against the scenario of US in AFG is different then Pak in so many ways. Also, my point is if checkposts are heavily protected and better armed then it will be even more effective then having surveillance drones. You can have drones but first things first.

Mostly on the offensive ops, I am not saying you cannot use it ever, what I have said is you have to access it on case by case basis. With reference to this attack, using Helo would not be easy due to high potential of RPG fire, sniper fire or LMG suppressive fire from a far off distance....

You have to understand it's a open playfield bigger target like a low flying helo will get picked off from a far off distance.....
Unless you send in muliple 2-3 assets to an attack like this, probability of helo getting out successful is less
You are mostly incorrect in your assumptions.
RPG is very inaccurate weapons. Anything outside 200m for stationary started to become a challenge. Hitting a moving target very difficult. Scoring a hit on low flying Helo, very low or pure luck. Attack helos are build to take fire even from HMG. Cobra flying at 1000 m or above will most likely return scratch free every time in Baluchistan.

Add this

There are only 3 options to reach at particular post.
1. By foot
2. Motorcycle
3. Air Drop

The second option was also availed to support back up for under attack post but there was an ambush as well. Lets wait for the details in official press release.

Most if these click baiting I know it all accounts copy the info and further exaggerated. Read the Post.

RPG is very inaccurate weapons. Anything outside 200m for stationary started to become a challenge. Hitting a moving target very difficult. Scoring a hit on low flying Helo, very low or pure luck. Attack helos are build to take fire even from HMG. Cobra flying at 1000 m or above will most likely return scratch free every time in Baluchistan.
i rest my case, i never make assumption just sharing my experience with the firearms and explosives having worked in the industry and area....
Attack strategies work when you are doing pre-emptive strikes....

It self destructs at about 900m sending shrapnels all over. If fired in large numbers at around that range, it can be a hazard m. This tactic was used in Afghanistan back in 80s.

i rest my case, i never make assumption just sharing my experience with the firearms and explosives having worked in the industry and area....
Brother. I agree with the RPG threat. But 762 rounds can’t penetrated the armor protection of gunships.

As you are from the industry. The bullet traps in shooting ranges are ar500 steel (with thickness range in only tens of millimeters) and can take a ton of small arms fire including 7.62.

Last edited:
It self destructs at about 900m sending shrapnels all over. If fired in large numbers at around that range, it can be a hazard m. This tactic was used in Afghanistan back in 80s.
Material science has evolved much. I remember a cargo plan took a direct hit from a Manpad in Iraq, right after take off. Lost small part of it’s wing. Still managed to land back safety.

I doubt rusted RPG-7 with home made explosive cone would do much to titanium reinforced attack helo cabin.

Material science has evolved much. I remember a cargo plan took a direct hit from a Manpad in Iraq, right after take off. Lost small part of it’s wing. Still managed to land back safety.

I doubt rusted RPG-7 with home made explosive cone would do much to titanium reinforced attack helo cabin.
Dude forget about an RPG hitting the cabin, here just a small package carelessly being off loaded hits the tail rotor of an Indian Mi-17 and brings it down.

Dude forget about an RPG hitting the cabin, here just a small package carelessly being off loaded hits the tail rotor of an Indian Mi-17 and brings it down.

They are Indians, they can manage to do anything. Joke aside, it was hundred of pounds of mass hitting a tail rotor. Mass that is exiting a transport helicopter ( was already at correct altitude). This RPG thing doesn’t work like they show in Hollywood . otherwise US would not be using much vulnerable transport helos in Afghanistan so extensively.

I see all lot of people crying on twitter about not sending in drones, gunships,f-16 while the fighting ensued. I was not there, it's been a while since i stepped foot in the land of Balochistan but i can throw in my 2 cents why its not easy to send reinforcement in the middle of a fire fight:

• F-16 / JF17 / Mirages / F-7s : none of this fits into the needs of the operation. A low level flypast can deter the militants but carrying out an airstrike is not easy. Tac Ops need to provide grid coordinates, if laser guided bomb being dropped, whose lasing the target? Friendly forces in the area? is it DCAS (Danger Close Air Support) ? going by the past experience and reviewing the footage of past incidents, either militant snipers are hiding far away on ridge top laying down support fire while others get close to the CP or OP (Observation Post). Last thing you need is your own men getting burnt with the PGMs
  • Gunship: looks like those suggesting this never been to a gunfight. Below is a picture taken almost a decade ago during my field visit to Balochistan. thats what a 7.62 bullet from LMG does to a 3inch thick metal beam (firing at a cellphone tower) imagine what it would do to a approaching gunship helo? How many helos have been lost in battlefield around the world just because they were carrying QRF or providing support fire when came under RPG or LMG firing from enemy.
View attachment 811436

• Drone: they fit the profile but how many PGMs can it carry? how far is the base ?
All these can be used on Offence front not when you are defending an OP being overrun by militants.

Isn't helos are built proof and can withstand small arms fire. Helos including MI-35 can rarely be brought down with small arms fire I.e. 50 caliber sniper shots!!!

The size of a cargo plane and an attack heli are 2 different extremes. Firstly should a rpg7 warhead manage to imapct against the cockpit of a ah1f, that cockpit is done for. The pure kinetic energy alone would destroy the cockpit otherwise damage it so it has to bug out. The warhead would just guarentee the helis death.

The cargo plane is a much bigger aircraft than the heli. It can absorb more damage.

Exactly, they are poorly equipped. Imagine the FC & checkposts in Balochistan and KP even didn't had automatic machine guns till mid-2000s.. They have improved but still need much better.

The green toyoya hiluxes in these areas need to be replaced with Humvee or better protected vehicles.

I agree. my point was against the scenario of US in AFG is different then Pak in so many ways. Also, my point is if checkposts are heavily protected and better armed then it will be even more effective then having surveillance drones. You can have drones but first things first.

Isn't an Army post instead of FC?

Back
Top Bottom