What's new

Featured 10 soldiers martyred, 1militant killed and 3 apprehended when BLF attacked military check post in Balochistan's Kech district

The attack was carried out in the middle of the night when most of them would be sleeping or resting, who probably never had a chance to recover, while the guards on watch duty put up the resistance against the Multi pronged onslaught.
The terrorists had an infrastructure to aim at and target, in pitch darkness what would the soldiers fire at unless they had the likes of NVGs or search lights.
A truly pathetic situation.
The attack didn’t take place in the middle of the night but late afternoon (well before sunset). It wasn’t pitch dark.

Was it a sniper attack?? Details of attack should be annualized to avoid the same in future.
There's a possibility that the snipers took out the guards first while others were sleeping.
Such a sudden sustained attack doesn't gives you much of a chance to gather yourself.

There's a possibility that the snipers took out the guards first while others were sleeping.
Such a sudden sustained attack doesn't gives you much of a chance to gather yourself.

Today I came to know that it was a deadly sniper attack and soldiers were unable to locate the location or direction of sniper, just wanted to confirm it.

The attack didn’t take place in the middle of the night but late afternoon (well before sunset). It wasn’t pitch dark.

ISPR : Terrorists fire raid on Security Forces Check post in Kech, Balochistan on night 25/26 Jan. During intense exchange of fire, 1 terrorist was killed and several injured. While repulsing terrorists fire raid, 10 soldiers embraced shahadat. 3 Terrorists have been apprehended.

The thing is that our soldiers didn't had mini drones and other advance equipment to rapidly gain situational awareness and respond properly and rapidly.

ISPR : Terrorists fire raid on Security Forces Check post in Kech, Balochistan on night 25/26 Jan. During intense exchange of fire, 1 terrorist was killed and several injured. While repulsing terrorists fire raid, 10 soldiers embraced shahadat. 3 Terrorists have been apprehended.

Why huge casualty rate here?? 10 is large number.

ISPR itself is late to the party. Even the image of post set ablaze is before darkness. Other journalists were already reporting the incident after midnight.

How can someone ignore the most important reason for Balochistan situation as of today? The Sardars. They kept people like their slaves, getting elected without any opposition and keeps the people down the poverty line so they will obey them and serve them. Most of these fighters are loyalists to Sardars with colonial mindset and those who thinks that they have to be paid with royalty for every development.

Exactly, you rightly pointed it out. IMO, if Pakistan wants to get rid of the present mess in Balochistan, just open the flow of financial taps to Sardars/Waderas and all unrest will become rest. No one will be in the mountains, Nazar Baloch will get some rest from murdering/killing people. But Sardars will not dispense him for any future opportunity; if Sardars are assured that they and their generations will be protected to keep people like slaves, then maybe they will get rid of him to get themselves clean. Past history in Balochistan proves that the Sardars got bluffed and now they are wary of any such offer.

To me the answer is simple. We need to fortify posts, we need to equip them with sensors and surveillance, we need to have a large active drone fleet available in the area for monitoring and to attack. We need to utilise tech to win this conflict.

Also a great point was made by this MNA, he says we need to discuss the political goals of these groups and state them outright. We need to fight anyone who sides with them, including all the LUMS professors.

I don't understand, what is benefit of fortifying posts?. First of all what is the purpose of these army posts in middle of nowhere? Pak army is there to control the militancy not boarder control

There is something wrong in this opinion of yours. They were not bluffed. In-fact, they were fed.

Indeed they were fed and well-fed, because successive governments were shy to take responsibilities to develop thinly populated vast land, everyone is aware that it is not feasible.
Here I mean, that on some occasions the Sardars were promised some lucrative incentives to end the rebellion and later caught and hanged. I will try to find a link if found will add it to this post.

Indeed they were fed and well-fed, because successive governments were shy to take responsibilities to develop thinly populated vast land, everyone is aware that it is not feasible.
Here I mean, that on some occasions the Sardars were promised some lucrative incentives to end the rebellion and later caught and hanged. I will try to find a link if found will add it to this post.

I remember such propagated mentions. It was actually, they have been asking for more & more due to the weak ruling elite.

Iranian and Iranic is not the same thing.
Iranian denotes to the nationality where you even have african and arab descent people who adapted the iranic culture/language.
Entirely wrong. Kindly do not throw around false statements like that. First of all, we do not have any sizeable people of ''african descent''. You probably mean the slaves the Portugese brought to a tiny Iranian island (Qeshm island) more than 5,6 centuries ago. They are not an Iranic people, they just speak Persian (or a local dialect of it). We in Iran do not really consider them as ''Iranian'', they are called ,when people mention them, their history always gets mentioned '' People who have been brought by Portugese colonialists and are now living in Iran''. Same goes for the Arabs, only the Arabs there are in their own region a minority and they have long been the subject of rules of many different Persian empires. We consider Iranian Arabs, as Iranians though.

What is the meaning of Iranic family?

Of or pertaining to ancient Iran or to its inhabitants
; Iranian in the widest sense: as, the Iranic family of languages, culture.

Balouchis fit very well into this category, that is why they always cheer for Iran, because Iran is literally their homeland. Unlike Pakistan for example, which was not really a nation state until 7,8 decades ago. So this terrorism is really a social issue that has its root problems in people not feeling home in the state they live in. I am now not saying Balouchis in Pakistan yearn to go back to their homeland in Iran, no, not at all. They have been seperated for a long time now and they have no connections like our own Balouchis, but the notion ''Pakistan'' is strange to them (your balouchis).

This is an extremely complex issue though. Only way Pakistan can keep these people happy is if the whole country prospers, quality of life increases etc

I don't understand, what is benefit of fortifying posts?. First of all what is the purpose of these army posts in middle of nowhere? Pak army is there to control the militancy not boarder control

Maybe that is something to consider? I would assume the posts are there to locate forces in areas where we want to protect people assets or where we want to have a presence to deny the militants access to the area. Does that need to be a static presence? Maybe the posts are there as FOB's?

Back
Top Bottom