What's new

Featured 10 soldiers martyred, 1militant killed and 3 apprehended when BLF attacked military check post in Balochistan's Kech district

It was out of frustration and anger, they came to kill Pakistani soldiers and they did...Thing is that Pakistan can not do anything about it, because its NATO and ISAF, no one including China/Russia can fight against that power, plus we (Pakistani) has sold our lives cheap, we give the impression that maro humain, humari jaan ki koi value nai hai, this is why TTP killed us for over a decade, BLA is doing it for decades, RAW/NDS did it, so if Americans and NATO ne bhi 20-25 mar diye tu kisi ko koi farq na para hai, na pare ga.
Would they have done the same to North Korea or Iran? Or does this only apply to Pakistan? This is a disgrace. North Korea killed 30+ US sailors in 1969, yet the yankees did not do shit. Iran bombed a US base with frickin ballistic missiles and injuried 100+ soldiers, yet the yankees did not do shit back. We have to ask ourselves why?

So if Russia wanted to for example kill 20-25 finnish/swedish soldiers they would just do it? I dont see that happening.

All of their blood should have been avenged directly. Right there. Not through our proxies.

Same old excuses

The fire fight continued for 5 hours

How much time it would need to send a couple of these to that post?

640px-Bayraktar_TB2_Runway.jpg

Or these

Wing-Loong_2_II_UAV_MALE_armed_Unmanned_Aerial_Vehicle_Medium-Altitude_Long_Endurance_China_Chinese_defense_industry_925_001.jpg

Or even these:

Buraq_UCAV.jpg

Or we have told soldiers deployed in these posts that you are on your own since you are too far away??
You take everything in a negative manner. Ok, let me know what are the nearest deployment of these things to this post?

Soldiers are trained to be able to operate far away, without even air, combat aviation or even logistic support.

I say again, this war cannot be won without casualties.

There will be no wake up call and there will be no worthwhile work carried out. @Areesh is absolutely correct here. All these non sense "ops underway" thing is an eye wash and a way for people to relieve them of the responsibility from the fact that they failed to act when it was the time to do so. I do not forget these attacks and neither should anybody for whom the lives of every soldier or citizen matter here. Does anyone remember the ambush on OGDCL convoy on Coastal Highway in 2020? The HD video that came out? The same guys who carried out the attack in broad day light captured visuals of those Bells and Seakings flying aimlessly. I am cent percent sure this one is no different.
Its business as usual for everybody. When all you prefer to get on your desk is a situation report that 10 soldiers lost their lives, Its merely another paper print out and a stat for you.
Frankly, I miss the time of RS when that guy never missed a single funeral prayer of a soldier who died in combat under his watch. Might be too much to ask of a 4 star but it actually must have given him the realisation that he has lost a solider for whom he is ultimately responsible. RS kept a framed picture of 144 kids martyred at APS Peshawar on his desk for the entire time that he remained in command. That's focus and priority for you.

Granted that there are ops conducted and terrorists neutralised and optics may be different when they hit back at us but the fact of the matter remains that in low intensity / counter insurgency / sub conventional warfare rule number one is to degrade the enemy's will to mount such audacious attacks. If you cannot break their will you are not doing your job. All other winning hearts & minds will come in later and much after you make it costly for these people even to assemble such attacks. Galula is everybody's favourite but nobody has the mind to actually implement Counter Insurgency in the heat.

About the blame game, granted there are safe havens for them on the other side of borders be it Iran or Afg but what about when they are on this side? How about when 40 50 terrorists are assembling to carry out an attack? How does that not get caught in any C4ISR net? Is it because the mechanism is flawed or does it even exist? That is what is needed to be done and stop blaming the other countries when we cannot dominate our own land. These reactionary ops gimmicks wont do any good besides just wasting fuel and toil of those undertaking it.

P.S. The debate over Army and FC troops being separate is also flawed. They may be different outfits having different internal dynamics owing to organisational culture of the troops but FC is under complete operational control of the Army. Where, when and how it is supposed to deploy and operate is dictated under overall plan of the army. It can be said that the level of training, equipment and motivation may be different for FC and Army but their employment is dictated by senior mil leadership.

DO NOT DISGRACE THOSE THAT LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES FOR THE SECURITY OF THE NATION.

I just mentioned facts. Nothing to disgrace any dead one

You may be happy with excuses. Not me

If in 5 hours you can't send airsupport within your own country then there is something seriously wrong with the military that needs to be rectified

Is there a reason behind the lack of air support at least? It is understandable that ground reinforcement would be hard. My belief is the issue lies in the lack of proper communication between the post and relevant units but that's just a guess on my part. @PanzerKiel
There is something known as Triple Stretch. This is what our enemies are resorting to now.

You take everything in a negative manner. Ok, let me know what are the nearest deployment of these things to this post?

Soldiers are trained to be able to operate far away, without even air, combat aviation or even logistic support.

I say again, this war cannot be won without casualties.

I know in war casualties happen. Everyone is going to die sooner or later including you and me

But that doesn't mean that I would overlook the weakness that exist in my military

Baluchistan is big. Yes

But these terrorists do not operate in all of Balochistan

They don't operate in Zhob. They don't operate in Qila Abdullah. They don't operate in Pishin. They don't operate in Qila Abdullah. They don't operate in Chaman

90% of terrorist incidents in Balochistan in few districts of Balochistan

90% (or even more) of terrorist attacks by BLA/BLF happen in these districts:

1. Quetta
2. Kech
3. Harnai
4. Sibbi
5. Awaran
6. Dera Bugti (things have improved here)

We know that Kech is a high risk area. We know that we would need airsupport since backup through land can't be provided in case of emergency

For 5 hours we couldn't provide airsupport to our soldiers in our own territory

I won't accept any excuse for it. Period

It's an expensive war as the Turkish experience says. Now, let me summarize what approach Turkey has taken:
  • Make it a Nation vs Terrorists (under enemies) war via positive media, entertainment etc.
  • Train special forces in police, Para military etc. Equip them with high tech gadgets like MRAPs.
  • Make smart outposts with sensors to see movements from far away.
  • Drones, drones, and more drones with a 24/7 coverage to attack and gather intelligence of all sorts.
  • Intelligence ops inside neighboring countries.
  • Brace for taking casualties.
  • Make it expensive for the terrirst patrons.
  • Presidential system to give fast blanket orders and execution in all fields.
  • Etc.

First of all, let me disconnect everything.

Leave the COAS, ISPR out of this (am not defending them of course, but then once you start the blame game, why dont you take names of all who are down the chain till the POST COMMANDER himself, the man who was well-equipped, enough manpower to hold his post.....its not fair to blame the COAS only....).

As a commander, you only tell your subordinates the concept of how you intend operating. It is upto the junior leaders, at all levels, to implement that to the best of their personal abilities.

Another fact, the nearest base to this unfortunate post is more than 30 kms away. Second, they are not connected by any road, motorway or anything. Its not a normal drive whereby you can reach there in half an hour. It takes balls that you are ready to stretch your outfit over such a vast area just because situation demands, logic doesnt demands.

Now if someone says that we should pour in more army troops, do please do simple math regarding deployments, let me know if you find any brigade or division freely available, doing nothing......if you find any, let me know.

As i highlighted before as well, troops to space ration is very unfavorable to us in Balochistan. FATA was a small area, we pumped in half of our army there and then achieved the desired results. Even then it took such a long time. Still we need to keep some chunk of our army there to retain what we got.

Balochistan, well its 44 % of our country's land mass.....imagine....almost half of total Pakistan....its true that militants number hardly hundreds, but looking for them in such a vast area is very difficult. Same goes for our deployments as well, since we are stretched too thin, so we have to make a hard choice of prioritising our assets.....we first secure our high value assets......

I am not into politics, so i will and cannot talk about PM etc....am simply not qualified for that.....however, regarding COAS.....well, all bastards getting hit across borders are being hit on his orders too.....there we dont give him credit.....and again, mind you, they are not even half of what is being done.

I told you before as well......we need to realize that we are at war.....for more than two decades.....and its not over, it will continue....its simply the new form of warfare where we are all alone....we will prevail InshaAllah, but not without casualties....thats the cost of freedom and victory.

No other country is physically helping us....and then we have the case of US, who supported by all her allies and latest equipment, could not prevail in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Learn to take casualties, war means casualties....the other side is also here to fight, time will tell who wins, but not without casualties.

Can someone please remind these worried Pakistanis that we have faced similar situation in Baluchistan before, at least twice, and a very serious one in the 1970's.
We were far less capable, had just recovered from a civil war, we had the Soviets, an actual superpower breathing down our necks in Afghanistan, belligerent India drunk on recent success and the usual instable Iran with the Shah on his last legs.

If we could control the situation then, when we were far smaller, far weaker, and far less capable then we are now, then why the heck are people worried now?

Right now, there is no superpower breathing down on our necks, we have just achieved a near victory in the war on terror, India knows it cannot bully Pakistan, we have far more solid support from our allies, who are also far more capable then they were in the 1970s.

The disparity between Pakistan of 1970s and Pakistan of 2022 is like night and day, why do people forget that.
Also, please remember, our army is not designed to kill our own people, no matter what the situation, the Balochis are still our brothers and sisters, we cannot take the approach of shooting blindly, hence it will take time because we have to tread carefully.

As a quick snapshot,
1970s
population 70-80 million,
population 230 million

People, you guys need to have faith and show some confidence.

Thank you @PanzerKiel for keeping the confidence alive.

Leave the COAS, ISPR out of this (am not defending them of course, but then once you start the blame game, why dont you take names of all who are down the chain till the POST COMMANDER himself, the man who was well-equipped, enough manpower to hold his post.....its not fair to blame the COAS only....).

As a commander, you only tell your subordinates the concept of how you intend operating. It is upto the junior leaders, at all levels, to implement that to the best of their personal abilities.

Another fact, the nearest base to this unfortunate post is more than 30 kms away. Second, they are not connected by any road, motorway or anything. Its not a normal drive whereby you can reach there in half an hour. It takes balls that you are ready to stretch your outfit over such a vast area just because situation demands, logic doesnt demands.

Now if someone says that we should pour in more army troops, do please do simple math regarding deployments, let me know if you find any brigade or division freely available, doing nothing......if you find any, let me know.

As i highlighted before as well, troops to space ration is very unfavorable to us in Balochistan. FATA was a small area, we pumped in half of our army there and then achieved the desired results. Even then it took such a long time. Still we need to keep some chunk of our army there to retain what we got.

Balochistan, well its 44 % of our country's land mass.....imagine....almost half of total Pakistan....its true that militants number hardly hundreds, but looking for them in such a vast area is very difficult. Same goes for our deployments as well, since we are stretched too thin, so we have to make a hard choice of prioritising our assets.....we first secure our high value assets......

I am not into politics, so i will and cannot talk about PM etc....am simply not qualified for that.....however, regarding COAS.....well, all bastards getting hit across borders are being hit on his orders too.....there we dont give him credit.....and again, mind you, they are not even half of what is being done.

I told you before as well......we need to realize that we are at war.....for more than two decades.....and its not over, it will continue....its simply the new form of warfare where we are all alone....we will prevail InshaAllah, but not without casualties....thats the cost of freedom and victory.

No other country is physically helping us....and then we have the case of US, who supported by all her allies and latest equipment, could not prevail in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Learn to take casualties, war means casualties....the other side is also here to fight, time will tell who wins, but not without casualties.
These are lame excuses, from no where poor nation of pak have arranged the billions of rupees for the purchase of drones , purposes was to kill those who want to kill our civilians our jawans , its our duty on this forum , including media , leaders to ask Bajwa and chiefs of all forces why you still failed to kill those terrorists, why u failed to keep our nation safe , why u bought so many drones, why not cobra helicopters were there , we never heard any rubbish military ever in this era who failed to send support to jawans who remained under attack for 5 hours …bemasal nikami nikli yeh fouj

If we out them few keyboard warriors in Peer Bhambor area alone, I bet none will make it out in 2 days let alone talking about ops easily done on internet in Balochistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom