Su Boreği

ferhunde_su_boregi.JPG

Tokat Kebab

tokat-kebab.jpg

Iskender Kebab

ciya-iskender.jpg

Saç Kavurma

sac-kavurma.JPG

Fish Paturi(the procedure is very similar to the Patrani Macchi prepared by the Parsee's)
paturi.jpg

ss_bhetki_paturi.jpg

I don't know whether any of you'll are familiar with this delicacy from Eastern India called Betki Paturi,but explained in plain and simple terms its pure heaven in your mouth.It's a totally mustard based dish,the fish(mostly costly and sophisticated sweet water fish like the Betki or Hilsa is used)is marinated in salt,turmeric,mustard paste.lots of mustard oil and salt along with some green chilly paste and them its wrapped in a banana leaf before steaming it to perfection.Goes best with rice,initially I used to think that the strong mustardy flavor was an acquired taste of the Bengali's but once I tasted it I felt like it should be regularized in each and every nook and corner of Punjab and the rest of NI!!

^^^YUM!!PLEASE SEND ME SOME OF THESE GOODIES VIA AIR!!

^^^YUM!!PLEASE SEND ME SOME OF THESE GOODIES VIA AIR!!

I don't have any buddy :(

I just found a site that sells samosas and other ethnic food online where I live. I think I'm going to order there soon, it's mostly Indian and surinamese (halal) food. Hmm... I've never eaten samosa... is it good?

Kısır, to eat it, you should wrap it with lettuce and put some lemon sauce.
kisir_14202.jpg

Kabak Köftesi meatball made from zucchini
IMG_6417.jpg

stuffed Karela (stuffed bitter gourd called kudhreth narhy(kudret narı) in Turkish), majority don't like bitter gourd. :lol:

gujarat-karela.jpg

Back
Top Bottom