What's new

10 defence industry programs Pakistan should pursue (But it isn't)

Yes it is over:agree: and it should be over now:), we haven't big EEZ and sea lanes all those missions can easily be conducted by multi-role FFG and DDG, we need air defense destroyers and frigate rather than useless and crapy AIRCRAFT CARRIER for Pakistan.:p:
Yes if we can fire SLCM from SSK (conventional submarine) who needs SSGN ( nuclear submarine) and remember that today's SSK habe almost same capabilities as SSGN, if you have cheaper solution why would you go at expensive oneo_O:what:

If it's over than for what the hell kalbhushan was present in Pakistan? I don't know who told you that multirole frigates can perform all operations. Submarines and Aircraft Carriers are the most powerful assets of a navy. We fired only a cruise missile from submarine but for complete second strike capability we need a SSGN. SSGN can maintain itself for months in deep water and is full of nukes and a country with nukes and without SSGN is like a bottle half filled

Other then AC I will say I agree with all others , We are buying all of those things it will be great if we start manufacturing them.

Submarines and Aircraft Carriers are the most powerful assets of a navy. We fired only a cruise missile from submarine but for complete second strike capability we need a SSGN. SSGN can maintain itself for months in deep water and is full of nukes and a country with nukes and without SSGN is like a bottle half filled
For what purpose, just for show off:rofl: may be SSGN but surely not an AIRCRAFT CARRIER, give one answer please how can defend AIRCRAFT CARRIER with old junk frigates and destroyer:p:? we need air defense DDG and FFG rather than your proposed useless AIRCRAFT CARRIER for Pakistan:disagree: and remember one thing we haven't big EEZ and sea lanes to protect it from an AIRCRAFT CARRIER it can easily be done from land:p: if you have a cheaper alternative why should we go expensive oneo_O:what:?

There are many types of Carriers.
All the worlds powerful and semi powerful Navy's have them, to say they have no use at all is just not smart.
For powerful nations with a global intentions:p:, and your list is totally wrong Amphibious assault ship is not AIRCRAFT CARRIER next three is a old term of WW1 and 2, last three are today's AIRCRAFT CARRIER terms rest is a old terms, AIRCRAFT CARRIER is not necessity for a modern navy, if you have a decent numbers of DDG and FFG, nuclear sub with state of art equipment with support ship their is no need of useless AIRCRAFT CARRIER for PAKISTAN :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Warships
Apparently the Pak Navy has been trying to buy frigates from Turkey.....and local development for a new frigate is not happening....y tho?
upload_2017-4-5_19-51-24-png.388970
One of the F-22P Zulfiqar-Class frigates was made in Pakistan, KSEW. It's not much, but it's a start, the F-22Ps are decent boats.

We'll need to look at developing larger ships with modern equipment in the future, Destroyers at least are necessary for a well-equipped navy. Nothing wrong with working with China and Turkey, sharing of expertise will be very beneficial, especially considering Pakistan has a technological disadvantage compared to the more modern navies.

For what purpose, just for show off:rofl:may be SSGN but surely not an AIRCRAFT CARRIER, give one answer please how can defend AIRCRAFT CARRIER with old junk frigates and destroyer:p:? we need air defense DDG and FFG rather than your proposed useless AIRCRAFT CARRIER for Pakistan:disagree: and remember one thing we haven't big EEZ and sea lanes to protect it from an AIRCRAFT CARRIER it can easily be done from land:p: if you have a cheaper alternative why should we go expensive oneo_O:what:?

Why you need to confront your enemy right in front of your coastline?? Why not confronting them in the sea miles before our coastline? For this purpose an aircraft carrier is used, it is not only used for invading any country but for defending your country miles before your coastline too.

Show Off? Practically Pakistan keeps balance of power in South Asia and its necessary for peace. I am talking about 2030 and Pakistan military will be able to afford Aircraft Carrier in 2030.

For protecting Aircraft Carrier 2 destroyers will be enough which will travel with it, protect it and perform other air defence operations too.

Why you need to confront your enemy right in front of your coastline?? Why not confronting them in the sea miles before our coastline? For this purpose an aircraft carrier is used, it is not only used for invading any country but for defending your country miles before your coastline too.
But this kind of mission can easily be conducted by state of the art DDG, FFG with on board anti-ship helicopter more cheaply than AIRCRAFT CARRIER:p:
Show Off? Practically Pakistan keeps balance of power in South Asia and its necessary for peace.
:disagree:India could do any thing and we should do same, this game is over:hitwall:, and AIRCRAFT CARRIER is not necessity, guarantee for peace for the Subcontinent
For protecting Aircraft Carrier 2 destroyers will be enough which will travel with it, protect it and perform other air defence operations too.
:disagree: No we need atleast 3 to 4 DDG, FFG and 3-4 subs to protect AIRCRAFT CARRIER

But this kind of mission can easily be conducted by state of the art DDG, FFG with on board anti-ship helicopter more cheaply than AIRCRAFT CARRIER:p:

Explain me briefly how we can fight an enemy with an aircraft carrier 300-400 miles before our coastline for a long time?? If we go by your logic no one in the entire world needs an aircraft carrier. You don't understand that Gwadar is going to become economical hub for the world and Pakistan has to take every measure to protect it and to make sure that no one dares to come towards us.

:disagree:India could do any thing and we should do same, this game is over:hitwall:, and AIRCRAFT CARRIER is not necessity, guarantee for peace for the Subcontinent

Are you high?? Pakistan never got aggressive and always made sure that peace prevails in South Asia. For maintaining balance of power in South Asia, AC is required. I don't know where you have studied history but for correcting your knowledge let me tell you that no country will dare to confront you if you are powerful and if you are weak no one will let you live on your own.

:disagree: No we need atleast 3 to 4 DDG, FFG and 3-4 subs to protect AIRCRAFT CARRIER

:D :D :D US Aircraft Carrier is heading towards North Korea. Go search and tell me in particular how many warships are protecting it?? In specific name the submarines too. .. :D

Explain me briefly how we can fight an enemy with an aircraft carrier 300-400 miles before our coastline for a long time?? If we go by your logic no one in the entire world needs an aircraft carrier. You don't understand that Gwadar is going to become economical hub for the world and Pakistan has to take every measure to protect it and to make sure that no one dares to come towards us.

Are you high?? Pakistan never got aggressive and always made sure that peace prevails in South Asia. For maintaining balance of power in South Asia, AC is required. I don't know where you have studied history but for correcting your knowledge let me tell you that no country will dare to confront you if you are powerful and if you are weak no one will let you live on your own.

:D :D :D US Aircraft Carrier is heading towards North Korea. Go search and tell me in particular how many warships are protecting it?? In specific name the submarines too. .. :D
Ok let end useless debate you have your opinion, i have mine, Ok we need 50 AIRCRAFT CARRIER in the future now happy:rofl::lol:

All Puma-related stuff has to run through Airbus Helicopter in France. Yes, the H215 is built in Romania, but the IP is co-owned by Airbus. Shouldn't be a major issue though considering the PAA is a Airbus Helicopter customer (via the Fennec).

USS Carl Vinson is the carrier that was supposedly sent towards Korea. Here are a few points that you should consider before ridiculing anyone. :)

USS Carl Vinson is a hundred thousand ton supper carrier (this is almost 8 times the tonnage of our entire navy) carrying around 90 fixed wing and rotary aircraft!!! This is almost two times the number carried by any other carrier outside USA so please do not consider just another carrier and try to understand where we actually stand.

Secondly, @pakistanipower is right, carriers do need 3-4 FFG, DDG for protection against missile attacks and aerial threats as well as surface and sub-surface dangers. That is the reason the aircraft carriers operate in carrier strike groups. USS Carl Vinson is also equipped with two GUIDED MISSILE DESTROYERS and one GUIDED MISSILE CRUISER!
These are no ordinary boats either. Just to give you an idea, the guided missile cruiser is armed with 2 x 61cell VLS, that is 122 missile cells in total. Guns, CIWS, Torpedo tubes are in addition to these 122 cells, not to mention 8 harpoon missiles too. For a quick comparison, the ada class corvettes or its second cousin LF2400 that PN is reportedly interested in as there NEXT BIG PROJECT have a 16 cell VLS. It will take some 8-10 boats to meet the kind of fire power the mentioned cruiser in strike group have AND, that is just one ship, there are two more destroyers there as well with almost equally impressive payload. So if someone mentioned how 3-4 FFG DDG are required to protect the carrier rather than making fun of them please understand what they are saying. The truth is that out entire naval surface force may not be able to match the fire power of couple of these ships.

Another important thing you should note is that, despite this carrier being accompanied by three heavy US ships the fire power of which i have briefly mentione, Japan, a key US ally will also sending its surface ships to the area when US navy is deployed there.

For submarines, please note that they will never be declared as subs are supposed to be the silent warriors. However be assured that submarines are an integral part of any such deployment.

@fatman17 @araz @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Back
Top Bottom