What's new

1 killed, 2 injured in accident at under-construction nuke (Arihant like) submarine

The media is just covering these things more, construction sites in India and Asia as a whole are known to be hazardous places with little to no health and safety practices being applied- look at any construction site in India for proof. Not even the most basic of safety measures are taken. It's not really a surprise (sadly) that these things happen.

The Indian media, though, is only NOW covering these things that have always happened but because it is in fashion to bash the Indian Navy right now they'll cover it. Pretty typical of these losers....
So whats wrong in it atleast now we have an idea about how bad are the working conditions in these facilities

R.I.P.

It looks like India is having bad time, they should deffer their testing activities for some time.
testing facilities we have one of the best contruction facilities according international standards but still things are happening there

So whats wrong in it atleast now we have an idea about how bad are the working conditions in these facilities
Because the Indian media would never have found this story for themselves, they only react to news-never pre-empt it and once they have got hold of a story they will flog it until it is dead, more often than not spinning it in an entirely slanderous way. can give you any number of examples. I don't trust the Indian media to tell me even the most basic of facts, so I'll hardly trust them for these sorts of things......

testing facilities we have one of the best contruction facilities according international standards but still things are happening there
I would doubt that health and safety procedures were up to Western standards.

1 worker killed in accident at under-construction nuclear submarine site in Visakhapatnam: reports

New Delhi: One worker has been killed and two others have been injured in an accident at an under-construction nuclear submarine site in Visakhapatnam, according to reports.

An inquiry into the accident has reportedly been ordered by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chief Avinash Chander.

This comes just a day after a gas leak on an under-construction ship at the Mazagaon dock in Mumbai killed one Navy officer. Carbon dioxide had leaked from a malfunctioning unit during machinery trials of a yet-to-be-commissioned Kolkata class ship.

Only last week, two officers were killed in a fire aboard a Navy submarine INS Sindhuratna, which had been refitted and was being sea-tested.

Navy chief Admiral DK Joshi had resigned owning moral responsibility for that and several other accidents in the last few months, including the blast that sank another submarine INS Sindhurakshak in August last year, killing all 18 sailors and officers on board.

1 worker killed in accident at under-construction nuclear submarine site in Visakhapatnam: reports | NDTV.com

What is your issue?

Your lies,spreadin nonsense...

You easily blame media ? tht its "NOW showing these things... which happen EVERYWHERE in SOUTHASIA" ...

Yeah right... subs blowing up,ships getting .... etc etc.... its routine right? time to step aside the jingosim n chest thumping and acknowledging the facts...

Why? This is the sort of things testing is for! How else will you find faults unless you test? You won't.... I'd be scared if this was happening on active duty/operaton SSBNs/SSNs but if they are under test that is another thing entirely.

However it seems more than likely this was NOT during a test but an accident at the construction site of the second Arihant SSBN because why else would it be WORKERS injured? If it had happened during testing it would be naval officers injured.....

Yaar tum tu mind he kar gaay, aur kuch nahi tu narial hi phoor lo testing karne se pehle

Because the Indian media would never have found this story for themselves, they only react to news-never pre-empt it and once they have got hold of a story they will flog it until it is dead, more often than not spinning it in an entirely slanderous way. can give you any number of examples. I don't trust the Indian media to tell me even the most basic of facts, so I'll hardly trust them for these sorts of things......
thats factualy wrong its media which are atleast awaring people about how govt have negelence to lifes of are our soilders. ATLEAST there are concered about are secuirty related issues not like govt which dont give damm about all this :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your lies,spreadin nonsense...

You easily blame media ? tht its "NOW showing these things... which happen EVERYWHERE in SOUTHASIA" ...

Yeah right... subs blowing up,ships getting .... etc etc.... its routine right? time to step aside the jingosim n chest thumping and acknowledging the facts...
Listen to what I've said fool.

It's a CONSTRUCTION SIGHT. And South Asia as a whole construction sites are a mess with accidents happening on a regular basis so it doesn't surprise me much that naval CONSTRUCTION SIGHTS are not immune to this sad state of affairs. Look most construction sight in the region and compare it to one in the West, more times than not you will see that even the most basic of safety practices are not being followed.

Is this a concern? Yes, undoubtably. Is this a surprise or a reflection of something inherently wrong in the Indian Navy- most certainly not.

Let's not forget that the Indian Navy is making more ships right at this very moment than it ever has in the past, it's navy is the largest it has ever been, it is growing at the fastest rate it ever has and all major shipyards in India are full from IN orders for the next 7-8 years. So unless better health and safety practices take place these things WILL happen.

Having said that, construction sights the world over are a hazardous place to be- my friend's father lost 2 of his fingers in a construction site in Manchester in the 80s- and it wouldn't shock many construction workers that these unfortunate incidents occur.

thats factualy wrong its media which are atleast awaring people about how govt have negelence to lifes of are our soilders. ATLEAST there are concered about are secuirty related issues not like govt which dont give damm about all this :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Please, where were these news stories a year ago? Or the year before that? The Indian media has very little interest in security matters, they are interested in headline grabbing and as such sensationalise everything beyond reason. I've seen this time and again from the most basic bit of news to such massive stories as this or others.

Let's agree to disagree if you'd like....

so it was not Arihant right ? :(
Under constriction INS Aridhaman

Back
Top Bottom