What's new

1 killed, 2 injured in accident at under-construction nuke (Arihant like) submarine

no "personal attacks" aunty ji.

blah blah blah blah... oh shit ... facts say otherwise... check out the number of recent accidents...
If you don't want to follow simple logic and just write off an entire paragraph as "blah blah blah" I'm done talking with you- this is all too often what you do and if the moderators want to put up with your blatant anti-Indian rants that is fine but I am so tired of you.

Please don't bother quoting me from now on....

If you don't want to follow simple logic and just write off an entire paragraph as "blah blah blah" I'm done talking with you- this is all too often what you do and if the moderators want to put up with your blatant anti-Indian rants that is fine but I am so tired of you.

The person with whom you are arguing has no idea about construction works. I build Apartments. Workers injure themselves by not taking simple precautionary measures like tying a safety belt, wearing helmets etc. These kind of accidents are reported by our Channels to out do each other, sensationalize the matter and because it is an election year. This kind of things happen and time to move on.

Moral of the story (nonsense) : it happens everywhere,it has been happening in the past ... construction site etc.

Facts (recent history):

Sindhurakshak sub (blast)

INS Viraat (fire)

Konkan (fire)

Talwar (collision with a fishing tanker)

Tarkash (collision with a jetty)

Betwa (ran aground and collision)

Vipul

Sindhugosh (ran aground)

Ariavat (ran aground)

Sindhuratna (fire)

Kolkotta (fire)

N.sub.

Tell us more.... how many of these accidents happened in sub standard dockyards?

The person with whom you are arguing has no idea about construction works. I build Apartments. Workers injure themselves by not taking simple precautionary measures like tying a safety belt, wearing helmets etc. These kind of accidents are reported by our Channels to out do each other, sensationalize the matter and because it is an election year. This kind of things happen and time to move on.
Indeed but I'd hope that as time goes on safety standards across India are improved. It's an old cliche in India (and S.Asia as a whole) that life is cheap but this should NOT be the case. In the West they are obsessed with safety and for good reason.

These sort of accidents are just a reflection on how little value is placed on the lives of Indians and it is most saddening....

Talk about india only, don't hide behind Asia now, btw what accidents happen with such frequency in any other Asian country?

The media is just covering these things more, construction sites in India and Asia as a whole are known to be hazardous places with little to no health and safety practices being applied- look at any construction site in India for proof. Not even the most basic of safety measures are taken. It's not really a surprise (sadly) that these things happen.

The Indian media, though, is only NOW covering these things that have always happened but because it is in fashion to bash the Indian Navy right now they'll cover it. Pretty typical of these losers....

Please, where were these news stories a year ago? Or the year before that? The Indian media has very little interest in security matters, they are interested in headline grabbing and as such sensationalise everything beyond reason. I've seen this time and again from the most basic bit of news to such massive stories as this or others.

Let's agree to disagree if you'd like....

Under constriction INS Aridhaman
look there are senstionalising it at some extent but there somthing big neglegence happning becuase of the the decison making power are in the hand beurocracy these basterds are put there all blame on IN Itself.if these media did not make great fuzz about these issues the babu sitting with the file in some ministry have no accountbility with lives of these brave soilders :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Naval accidents are common, I heard the USN lost close to 1100 men before they got their ACC ops in line.

Coming to the IN, I see two issues here..
One - the IN is inducting ships at a rapid pace and also close to 46 IN ships are under construction at various ship building facilities - this pace and the known lacuna that exists in both poor construction and safety standards cause these accidents.

Second issue is a number of subs are old platforms and poor maintenance and poor expert hands probably cause these mishaps.

The worrisome part is all the incidents are happening in a bunch and people are not learning from the mistakes.

Moral of the story (nonsense) : it happens everywhere,it has been happening in the past ... construction site etc.

Facts (recent history):

Konkan (fire)

Vipul

Ariavat (ran aground)

Sindhuratna (fire)

Kolkotta (fire)

N.sub.

Tell us more.... how many of these accidents happened in sub standard dockyards?

I told myself I wouldn't do it but-sigh- I have to make this one last comment then I am done with you. And this isn't for your benefit but for all those dumb enough to follow this logic- as the Indian media are.

Sindhuratna (fire)
Kolkotta (fire)
INS Viraat (fire)
These three happened in Indian shipyards where, as I've covered, unsafe practices take place- go figure this leads to such accidents.

Ariavat (ran aground)
It happens. What you and the Indian media haven't been making known though is that this is a LST (Landing Ship-Tank) who's day to day activities involve ramming themselves onto beaches and effectively beaching themselves in order to land amphibious troops and vehicles.

Again, it happens, what more can I say? Don't know the specifics of these cases but these things happen.

If you have a large cumbersome naval vessel entering some of the most congested waters anywhere in the world-AT NIGHT, and a a tiny trawling vessel operating with NO LIGHTS then yep, this isn't a surprise.

Sindhuratna (fire)

Aged Kilo subs that should have been gone years ago and would have been if the Scorpene production hadn't been such a mess. Sadly this is almost IDENTICAL to the MiG-21 (see "flying coffin") fiasco with the IAF. The Indian Mil having to serve, train on/with and operate aged machinery that deserves to be in a Museum because their replacements are on the horizon and not ready now....

All I will say is that accidents are not unique to the IN alone, they are a high-tempo professional force that are out on the high seas every single day training and pushing their equipment hard. These (on the whole) are isolated incidents that need to be looked at in isolation (the Kilo issues and construction sight safety standards or lack thereof, being the exceptions). When accidents happen thorough investigations are ordered and where needed severe action is taken against those i the wrong.

With the Indian Navy expanding year year even if the actual accident rate remain static the outright number of incidents is going to increase year on year-common logic. Nothing is getting worse, but then nothing is getting better- which should happen.

As an aside, I'd argue that, IMHO, this was growing pains for the Indian navy-something they NEED TO go through. They are growing at an accelerated rate and are having some serious issues reorienting themselves from a rather modest yet highly efficient and professional force to one with global reach and far greater significance. They need to (and are btw) work on their HR and recruiting policies not to mention continuously evolve their training. They will come out better for having gone through this period....

Oh sorry, was that too much logic for you? Did you think you could silence me with your "facts"??

Naval accidents are common, I heard the USN lost close to 1100 men before they got their ACC ops in line.

Coming to the IN, I see two issues here..
One - the IN is inducting ships at a rapid pace and also close to 46 IN ships are under construction at various ship building facilities - this pace and the known lacuna that exists in both poor construction and safety standards cause these accidents.

Second issue is a number of subs are old platforms and poor maintenance and poor expert hands probably cause these mishaps.

The worrisome part is all the incidents are happening in a bunch and people are not learning from the mistakes.
Spot on mate.

Talk about india only, don't hide behind Asia now, btw what accidents happen with such frequency in any other Asian country?
I seriously doubt Bangladeshi, Pakistani or even Chinese construction sights are all that safer than Indian construction sights.

Timing is highly suspect. INS Kolkata Type 52D equivalent, INS Aridhaman U/C,INS Sindhuratna,etc. I smell a rat. Not ISI, not CIA, but our own Indian Govt. The UN is seeing India being the only underdog country to start making this kind of high tech stuff. Madame Sonia decides to "delay" this "leap".

1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165-jpeg.82686

The media is just covering these things more, construction sites in India and Asia as a whole are known to be hazardous places with little to no health and safety practices being applied- look at any construction site in India for proof. Not even the most basic of safety measures are taken. It's not really a surprise (sadly) that these things happen.

The Indian media, though, is only NOW covering these things that have always happened but because it is in fashion to bash the Indian Navy right now they'll cover it. Pretty typical of these losers....

Exactlly u hit the bulls eye mate. These bloddy dork jurno doesn't know that ship building is no where less then a big manufacturing industry like steel,aluminium,cement or automobile where in daily basis accidents are used to happen. These things have been happening since very beginning of our shipbuilding industry but i dam sure that no one even knew anything abt that till now. As they r getting free news gimmick so they r targeting each one only for sensation .

but yes series of accident with in a month period is a matter of concern for a responsible,emerging and strategically exigent navy. They have to curtail it asap. I am waiting only for a new NDA goverment and hopping for atlest a reasonable DM not like this sluggard dolt antony, who atleast able to provide stability to our precarious national security and defense industry.

Moreover our country's ppl are so gullible dat even an treachery like Arvind khjli is their hero now, so u even cant ruled out any hand of a anti national group in these accidents.

Exactlly u hit the bulls eye mate. These bloddy dork jurno doesn't know that ship building is no where less then a big manufacturing industry like steel,aluminium,cement or automobile where in daily basis accidents are used to happen. These things have been happening since very beginning of our shipbuilding industry but i dam sure that no one even knew anything abt that till now. As they r getting free news gimmick so they r targeting each one only for sensation .

but yes series of accident with in a month period is a matter of concern for a responsible,emerging and strategically exigent navy. They have to curtail it asap. I am waiting only for a new NDA goverment and hopping for atlest a reasonable DM not like this sluggard dolt antony, who atleast able to provide stability to our precarious national security and defense industry.

Moreover our country's ppl are so gullible dat even an treachery like Arvind khjli is their hero now, so u even cant ruled out any hand of a anti national group in these accidents.

The sindhudurk mishap was a very serious one, but sadly no lessons were learnt.

The media highlighting issues is a positive - there is no other way to make people accountable for continuing to adhere to poor safety procedures.

The DM and MOD are surely at fault for the simple reason that they engage in corrupt practices which causes almost all defense deals to get delayed due to investigations and rejecting done deals. Unless the whole procurement, validation process is completely overhauled and revamped, our security concerns will never be addressed.

Its these corrupt men both in the govt and the services that are seriously undermining security concerns.

There's no outside conspiracy other than corrupt people and thee danger they cause to our security...and u r right, they'll sell their mothers for money if it comes to that....and its not unique to India.

Back
Top Bottom