What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2014 - Updates & Discussions

Who says that? or the proof of it ?
I think this is only an estimation. It happens to J-10B. Before its induction, there are lots of discussion on Chinese forum that if the power from AL-31FN will be enough for an AESA radar, as all of the known fighters which are upgraded with AESA radar has used a more powerful variant engine, while the final result is consistent with some guys' thought: the new J-10B has Al-31FN Series 3, which has 1000 kgf more power than Al-31FN, though there is a possibility that this is not a cause and effect relation.
However in this forum, I have never seen any discussion about this, and maybe because JF-17 has left enough power for upgrade?

Last edited:
Not really. How was the J-20 related to the J-10B? Those are two levels of performance that the PLAAF itself has set. By your flawed logic the PLAAF should only buy J-20s. The J-20's performance and size level are simply not what the PAF wants, otherwise the J-20 has been seen and looked at by the PAF before you even heard of it. The J-11 was also on offer to the PAF back in the late 90s.. the PAF simply did not want it because it does not match its requirements.

The KJL-7 did not have the performance that the PAF wanted when the RC-400 was offered, then the performance was improved to match it.. which means an inferior product needed the incentive of competition to improve it. The same improvement went into KJL-10 units active in J-10s with the PLAAF. The PLAAF benefits a lot from the PAF's input in ideas and technology.
WOw Wow Wow, clam down my friend. @Beast , i agree with Oscar that PAF give CHina lots of hep cause PAf is aceess to foreign weapon supply,which means they could offer us a benchmark to improve. You guys shall clam down. I hope some Chinese members here could keep low tune cause we are traditionally humble people. @Oscar, never mind what those young fellow boy said, they can't really realize the essence of the cooperation between China and Pakistan. We are brothers, periods.

You cant compare what's offer to PAF compare to what PLAAF going to have. For example, does PAF offer J-20? No , they are offer the export J-31.

And regarding radar, I am 100% sure. PAF will get Chinese AESA. Have you all eat enough humble regarding RC-400 Thales radar when compete with KJL-7 radar? Trying to find another system to compete is just trying to bring down prices with the seller. End of the day, it will still be a Chinese radar.

Chinese operation AESA AWACS fleet is enough to prove our avionics superiority compare to Russia.
That's what I believe.

China is superior to Russia in electronics unless otherwise Russia show something new with robust capabilities that surpass what the Chinese offer so far.

J-15_model.jpg

Considering that the director projects of JF-17 thinks otherwise.. I will disregard your post.
i'd rather trust my channel of source as long as China is concerned, I'd believe PAF will get J-31 in the near future than JF-17 with AESA in next block

I think it is Brahmos copy ..... may be with some modifications
It is time for China to get out from the area of copying weapons
China have money, scientists and facilities for manufacturing ..... you must create your own style
I believe that China is the upcoming superpower in the world
China is a very practical country. It's useless to have a style if the thing can't work. You see the western military project is getting so expensive that the west or other countries will not able to afford the next gen military fighter project.

The west product is over engineer and now the price is coming back to haunt them.

China have money, scientists and facilities for manufacturing ..... you must create your own style
All missile alike seems very similiar, why China should build an exotic one, just to prove we are not copying? The only good weapon is an operational one, don't be naive. We just want to tell India how cheap is the weapon they pround of, go get a life.

We have our own style of anti-ship missiles which are by far more superior to Brahmos.

But we are now doing this just to tease India, not to copy their Russian technology.

No, Russia never 10 years ahead of China in aircraft. China makes better radar ,better aircraft design and airframe. Russian makes better engine in turboprop. In fact ,we are level. The only one ahead of China is US.

The turning point between the turbofan jet engine between China and Russia will be the coming WS-15.

Right now J-31 is starting to test with the WS-13A engine.

130519ef00i7112gw21gz4.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom