What's new

China Eastern set to operate C919's first commercial flight on Sunday, flying China's busiest domestic flight route from Shanghai to Beijing

I’d assume some level of subsidies will be necessary to build up domestic as well as foreign sales.

Perhaps, as in most countries, defense and freighter sales may help in this regard to some extend, but I concur, China will need sales in the thousands to be really competitive.

How much below B737 and A321 prices can they go to win over customers without becoming unprofitable or at least before becoming unsustainable?

Up to 500 planes between Iran and Russia is a good starting point for potential foreign sales.

Btw, how do the Russians keep their domestic aviation industry afloat?
As I said, this is a counter-flowing matrix, other countries would want a more accessible after-sale market to choose those aircraft, and you can't have a support base until you have make enough sales.

The problem is not really how much lower you can go to undercut the competition, but rather, not counting China, if I already have a service center and has been using the established network between Airbus or Boeing or both, then I would have to undercut these advantage too before I can see how much I can save if I switch to C919. All those expense would have to be offset before any changes is deem profitable.

Think of it like a car, I don't know what's your criteria to buy a car, for me, If I were to choose between an existing brand, like Toyota or Honda or BMW or whatever existing brand, and a new brand (like grumpet, polestar or whatever) I will think about how much and how easy it would to fix it, because I don't want to pay an arm or a leg to fix that car, if there are a lot of similar car available, that will drive down the maintenance cost. it would be taking a big leap for me to jump into a new brand which I don't know how much to change an engine block, alternator or anything or service the car.

The only way that make sense is I want a car, but the brand I wanted is not available to buy, and then I will look at those new brand if I get desperate enough. Which is exactly what Boeing did when they suspended production of their MAX in 2019 and later recertification, the aviation world back then react to this news as if it will give AIrbus a major boost and C919 some minor boost, but neither had happened. Not only the Max sales did not drop but Airbus only pick up around 400 sales and C919 sales is still neglectable. Granted, the entire COVID saga happened between 2020-2021 give Boeing the restspite they need, but that did show how the world sees changes in avaiation even at a catatrophic event like this.

As for how Russia sustain their airliner market? Well, they didn't, that's why they also buy from Airbus and Boeing, now they may go with C919 but that's another story. The last major Russian Airliner is Tu-204/214 from early 1990s which is similar to Boeing 737-800/900 or Airbus A321, and I think Russia sold less than 100 of both version. If you compare it to 7000 737NG and aboutu 10,000 A320 family......

What about the achievement of China's EV industry? Wasn't it Xi's policy to foster a new industry from zero?

tesla started the EV trend, and if it wasn't for xi's terror chiense ev's would be all over the world by now, he is the only one destroying chinese branding

chinese companies all have so much potential but all have been hindered by xi's terrorism

none of ur companies want to be associated with china and they all try hard to not sound chinese or let people know they chinese companies

it's sad to see so much talent and skills go to waste because they not only have to deal with geopolitical headwinds but also xi

i honestly dont even want pakistan to be associated with china as long as xi is around

tesla started the EV trend, and if it wasn't for xi's terror chiense ev's would be all over the world by now, he is the only one destroying chinese branding

chinese companies all have so much potential but all have been hindered by xi's terrorism

none of ur companies want to be associated with china and they all try hard to not sound chinese or let people know they chinese companies

it's sad to see so much talent and skills go to waste because they not only have to deal with geopolitical headwinds but also xi

i honestly dont even want pakistan to be associated with china as long as xi is around
Weird logic. Why other countries, where there is no Xi's influence for sure, failed to achieve what China has achieved in EV industry? China actually dominates the EV production chain.

Weird logic. Why other countries, where there is no Xi's influence for sure, failed to achieve what China has achieved in EV industry? China actually dominates the EV production chain.
they had bad policies

china had chance to be 1.4 billion population singapore but with xi there is no chance

they had bad policies

china had chance to be 1.4 billion population singapore but with xi there is no chance
Well Singapore can make easy money because of its geographic location. China can't. China only has west world containing policies.

When your leader is praised by west, Be careful. Bad things will happen to your country. Nelson Mandela, Zelensky for example. Vice versa. We are lucky for having a leader hated by west.

Well Singapore can make easy money because of its geographic location. China can't. China only has west world containing policies.

When your leader is praised by west, Be careful. Bad things will happen to your country. Nelson Mandela, Zelensky for example. Vice versa. We are lucky for having a leader hated by west.

singapore has no geographical advantage, it only has disadvantages, it doesnt even have fresh water

you're lucky the west is led by trash, otherwise they would be praising xi because he's a fuckup

I’d assume some level of subsidies will be necessary to build up domestic as well as foreign sales.

Perhaps, as in most countries, defense and freighter sales may help in this regard to some extend, but I concur, China will need sales in the thousands to be really competitive.

How much below B737 and A321 prices can they go to win over customers without becoming unprofitable or at least before becoming unsustainable?

The Airbus got started by lots of subsidy from France and Germany.

787 is an international collaboration also.

1685332486092.png

singapore has no geographical advantage, it only has disadvantages, it doesnt even have fresh water

you're lucky the west is led by trash, otherwise they would be praising xi because he's a fuckup

Lol, the US has been hating China in full capacity since Obama's pivot to Asia, years before Xi came to power. Worse, the US has considered China an enemy ever since the 1950s with American containment policies.

Lol, the US has been hating China in full capacity since Obama's pivot to Asia, years before Xi came to power. Worse, the US has considered China an enemy ever since the 1950s with American containment policies.

no, china brought the hate upon itself, it's softpower is probably some of the worst in the world

your foreign ministry and media are probably the most incompetent of all countries

i'm just glad pakistan is not as well known as an associate of china as north korea or russia

by the time xi's done with your economy you wouldn't even need planes
Xi is a leader of China, not of your country, why are you so upset about him? Do you think a leader should be changed just because they are domestically popular but being hated by foreigners?

no, china brought the hate upon itself, it's softpower is probably some of the worst in the world

your foreign ministry and media are probably the most incompetent of all countries

i'm just glad pakistan is not as well known as an associate of china as north korea or russia
Just make up lame BS to cover the fault of US in the bad relation as usual.

Xi is a leader of China, not of your country, why are you so upset about him? Do you think a leader should be changed just because they are domestically popular but being hated by foreigners?
and this is pakistan forum why u spam here?

half the threads here are literally low IQ chiense media propaganda

literally u guys are better off without the low IQ propaganda

Just make up lame BS to cover the fault of US in the bad relation as usual.

both of you and all chinese i know, know chinese propaganda is shit and counterproductive

honestly stop doing it

and this is pakistan forum why u spam here?

half the threads here are literally low IQ chiense media propaganda

literally u guys are better off without the low IQ propaganda
Pakistan forum has China and east Asian sections and sections of other regions. you mean this is a strict Pakistan related issues forum? I just wonder why a Chinese leader upset foreigners like you so much?

Back
Top Bottom