What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2014 - Updates & Discussions

And this is one of the main reasons why I find all this Su-35 nonsense so funny. Why in the world would China buy the Su-35 when the J-11D (with AESA) is under development?
With no offense(for We consider China as an all weather ally) but Russia's aircraft technology is still at least 10 years ahead of that of China. Mocking SU-35 is not a good idea at all. Just a "not good looking" air frame quality is not a judging point. It's superior than any other fighter jet currently in service with any country except F-22.

With no offense(for We consider China as an all weather ally) but Russia's aircraft technology is still at least 10 years ahead of that of China. Mocking SU-35 is not a good idea at all. Just a "not good looking" air frame quality is not a judging point. It's superior than any other fighter jet currently in service with any country except F-22.

No, Russia never 10 years ahead of China in aircraft. China makes better radar ,better aircraft design and airframe. Russian makes better engine in turboprop. In fact ,we are level. The only one ahead of China is US.

Give me a break. The J-20 has already made the transition from the prototype to the pre-production stage.
12851187845_67eacce8e5_o.jpg
While the PAK FA is on fire.
PAK FA T50-5 fire 1.jpg

The J-10B with AESA is already in production and is about to enter service.
J-10B_78x0x.jpg

Can you show me a single in production Russian aircraft with AESA? Don't say MiG-35 because that's not in production.

Lastly, name a single Russia UAV comparable to either one of these.
UAV 1.jpg

Sharp Sword.jpg

In reality, Russia is only ahead in the areas developed by the Soviet Union. Russia itself has done very little over the past 24 years.

As for the Su-35 deal, I'll believe it when I see it. Show me a picture of an actual Su-35 being delivered to the PLAAF and I'll believe it, but not before then.

Can you show me a single in production Russian aircraft with AESA? Don't say MiG-35 because that's not in production.

As for the Su-35 deal, I'll believe it when I see it. Show me a picture of an actual Su-35 being delivered to the PLAAF and I'll believe it, but not before then.

The Russians have not ordered any AESA radar for their fighters yet even though they have production models lined up. Although the Indians have expressed interest. The Chinese AESA technology may be compared to Russian AESA simply because a lot of it is based off it. But that does not mean that they are copies, a lot of Chinese technology is based off a hybrid of "copy", innovate and adapt. So for e.g. the SD-10 may have used the seeker from the R-77 for a start.. today's SD-10 seeker is much more sophisticated and nothing like the seeker from the latest R-77.

However, in terms of fighter AESA performance.. what the PAF has gauged is that Chinese AESA is still struggling with the level of sophistication(in algorithms) found in western systems. Which is why if and when the JF-17 gets a AESA radar... it could very well be from SELEX rather than Chinese. But, considering that an AESA on the JF-17 is at least 5 years away.. it is possible that China would have caught up by then with its rapid advancements.

guys
any news / pics of ramjet powered BVRAAM in that show

any latest pic of SD 10b / upgraded bvaam of CAF

CHEERS

The Russians have not ordered any AESA radar for their fighters yet even though they have production models lined up. Although the Indians have expressed interest. The Chinese AESA technology may be compared to Russian AESA simply because a lot of it is based off it. But that does not mean that they are copies, a lot of Chinese technology is based off a hybrid of "copy", innovate and adapt. So for e.g. the SD-10 may have used the seeker from the R-77 for a start.. today's SD-10 seeker is much more sophisticated and nothing like the seeker from the latest R-77.

However, in terms of fighter AESA performance.. what the PAF has gauged is that Chinese AESA is still struggling with the level of sophistication(in algorithms) found in western systems. Which is why if and when the JF-17 gets a AESA radar... it could very well be from SELEX rather than Chinese. But, considering that an AESA on the JF-17 is at least 5 years away.. it is possible that China would have caught up by then with its rapid advancements.
Wasn't SD10 seeker based on both AIM120 and R77?

China and Russia are ally, so we can't not judge the deal only from military perspective.

You cant compare what's offer to PAF compare to what PLAAF going to have. For example, does PAF offer J-20? No , they are offer the export J-31.

And regarding radar, I am 100% sure. PAF will get Chinese AESA. Have you all eat enough humble regarding RC-400 Thales radar when compete with KJL-7 radar? Trying to find another system to compete is just trying to bring down prices with the seller. End of the day, it will still be a Chinese radar.

Chinese operation AESA AWACS fleet is enough to prove our avionics superiority compare to Russia.

please, dont make jokes, Chinese AESA has nothing to do with Russia, as they cant even manufacture 2nd gen AESA T/R modular, they been stucked with PESA
and Chinese AESA is already at 3rd gen stage, and there is no plan to mount AESA on JF-17 as far as I know, its not because our AESA is not 'mature' than the western system (which is quite opposite), it is because of RD-93 couldnt power a AESA with decent amount of T/R modular

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom