What's new

World's first atomic bomb built by Chinese-American

I'm curious what Indian media source is reliable?

I used most of them before and they have all been rejected as crap.

For Indians, any indian sources are credible. But the best is THE HINDU. TOI is good but they have a tendency to use eye catching words which can be easily misinterpreted.

I agree with the title: the atomic bomb was invented by a Chinese.

Does anybody really think that Mme Wu was only a part of a group effort? It is dead certain that if Mme Wu was not the MAIN INVENTOR of the atomic bomb, the Americans would never mention her at all. It puts terror into American hears to think that some Chinese person could possibly invent some modern thing.

The fact that she is even mentioned at all by Americans implies that she was the main inventor.

Does anybody really think that Mme Wu was only a part of a group effort? It is dead certain that if Mme Wu was not the MAIN INVENTOR of the atomic bomb, the Americans would never mention her at all. It puts terror into American hears to think that some Chinese person could possibly invent some modern thing.

The fact that she is even mentioned at all by Americans implies that she was the main inventor.

White people hardly gave any credit to inventions from China let alone giving credit to ethnic Chinese-Americans for their contribution to USA.

White people hardly gave any credit to inventions from China let alone giving credit to ethnic Chinese-Americans for their contribution to USA.
Exactly... logically we can infer that Mme Wu was the main inventor of the atomic bomb. She is so important that even the US, with all their prejudice, cannot hide her. They would have you believe everything is invented by white jews.

FUnny how history could remind the Chinese how the US saved them from the Japs. Too bad for the short term memory!

LOL. Obviously Americans were the delivery boys. Chinese invented the atomic bomb. But obviously we haven't quite had enough revenge against Japan yet because USA backstabbed us before we could get strong enough to exact our revenge. But China is patient, and soon USA will be too weak to protect Japan.

I ain't a hater. If she actually did invented the bomb then good for her.

But I smell irony because when there were news that Carlos Sim is the RICHEST MAN on the earth, Chinese were saying 'what's the point in banana democracy. That's not something Mexicans should be proud be of.' and when this Asian American woman invented (hypothetically) the ATOM BOMB (THE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION) they take pride in that?

No we do not take pride in this. This thread was not started by a Chinese. We have nothing to do with her great personal achievement in the US. If anything it enabled US nuclear blackmail of China in 1950.

Have you actually read the thread?

The thread was started by a Pakistani member, NOT by a Chinese member.

Of course I read it. Then I read the original source article, which was quite simply a lie or fabrication. Vastly misleading at a minimum. Insinuating that the bomb would not have happened without her. Next arrived a gigantic self-congratulatory mob, extolling Chinese brilliance, insinuating that nothing could ever have been accomplished without it.

It's all a bit over the top, is all.

But then came THIS epic snippet:

Let me see if I have this correct... 800 million Chinese in 1940 (or whatever it was) and we get the ONE Chinese person who can make an atomic bomb from scratch. What luck! And the other 20,000 people in the project were simply lab flunkies who executed her brilliant scheme. :cheesy:

Of course I read it. Then I read the original source article, which was quite simply a lie or fabrication. Vastly misleading at a minimum. Insinuating that the bomb would not have happened without her. Next arrived a gigantic self-congratulatory mob, extolling Chinese brilliance, insinuating that nothing could ever have been accomplished without it.

Let me see if I have this correct... 800 million Chinese in 1940 (or whatever it was) and we get the ONE Chinese person who can make an atomic bomb from scratch. What luck! And the other 20,000 people in the project were simply lab flunkies who executed her brilliant scheme. :cheesy:

Wanna give my rebuttals a whirl? or are we conveniently avoiding those.

not 1 actual chinese took pride in this event.

Name 1 person with a PRC flag that took pride in this! Just 1! If you can't then there is no self congratulations, only misguided outsiders.

If either of you read my postings in this thread, you'll see nowhere do I mock Chinese. I gently mock those who claim this woman is the inventor of the bomb... regardless of the nationality of the poster. Doesn't matter if they are Chinese, Pakistani, or Martian, the notion is ludicrous.

Wanna give my rebuttals a whirl? or are we conveniently avoiding those.

Give me post numbers, please...

If either of you read my postings in this thread, you'll see nowhere do I mock Chinese. I gently mock those who claim this woman is the inventor of the bomb... regardless of the nationality of the poster. Doesn't matter if they are Chinese, Pakistani, or Martian, the notion is ludicrous.

Give me post numbers, please...

Sure.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-bomb-built-chinese-american.html#post1779261
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-bomb-built-chinese-american.html#post1779292
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...omb-built-chinese-american-2.html#post1779890

I re-read the whole thread and din't see anything I'd call a rebuttal.

The path to Plutonium apparently does not require HEU. From the Hanford plant:

Construction on B Reactor began in August 1943 and was completed just over a year later, on September 13, 1944. The reactor went critical in late September and, after overcoming nuclear poisoning, produced its first plutonium on November 6, 1944.[26] Plutonium was produced in the Hanford reactors when a uranium-238 atom in a fuel slug absorbed a neutron to form uranium-239. U-239 rapidly undergoes beta decay to form neptunium-239, which rapidly undergoes a second beta decay to form plutonium-239.

As for Bohr, I used him as an illustration because he (and I) are/were Danish. Note that NOWHERE in this thread did I downplay her role. Rather, others UP-played her role, because (let's be honest) she's Chinese. No one in the U.S. cares about the race or nationality of the thousands of brilliant minds who were involved in the Manhattan project. We had Germans, Jews, Americans like Seaborg, a large list of physics giants who came together to make it a reality.

She was a part of it. Not the head, not the leader, not the inventor. I'm not the one who is trying to make her something she wasn't.

I re-read the whole thread and din't see anything I'd call a rebuttal.

Well it was a rebuttal.

1) You're saying that gaseous diffusion enrichment wasn't necessary for the first atomic bomb exploded because it is a plutonium weapon. I said plutonium is still produced in uranium reactors requiring enriched fuel, you said reactors don't require HEU, I said yes but the fuel used was still enriched nevertheless via the process she pioneered.

The path to Plutonium apparently does not require HEU. From the Hanford plant:

This isn't my field either (I'm a chemist) but I'm almost sure that while reactor grade fissile material doesn't need to be highly enriched Uranium (HEU) they are still enriched
220px-Uranium_enrichment_proportions.svg.png

and gaseous diffusion being the earliest and more go to method back then.

Actually you used him because he is Danish (yes) AND because you thought he was more important to the Manhatten project that this lady (almost your exact words) while really he had almost nothing to do with the project besides a couple of drop-ins as an "consultant" under a pseudonym.

Juice has a point, though.

I'm of Danish extract. Since Niels Bohr was Danish, and arguably far more important, should I start a thread trumpeting

"Danish Man Invents the BOMB! Where would whitey be without this Danish guy?"

But I agree with your overall point, her ancestry is not important she was and remained an American. In a nation of mostly immigrants, ancestry is kind of unimportant and what makes American/Canada what they are.

Back
Top Bottom