What's new

World's first atomic bomb built by Chinese-American

Openheimer was Chinese??

The thread title is a prime example of appeasement...Buttering in other words...by a person who want to become a side kick to his hero.

fail to see any need to search these words. Dr.Wu did neither invent nor innovate the A-bomb.

and also i didn't see any chinese member here proclaimed Dr.wu invented A-bomb. what i saw is herds of people in high time bashing chinese after they read the misleading title
Really...???

You are still not able to think outside your usual frame of reference. The existence of an Asian face in something as high profile as Manhattan Project is a massive psychological blow to white Americans. You can see this in the suspicious way some forum members try to downplay her role.

The only way she could possibly stick around the Manhattan Project is if she was totally indispensable. For everybody else it could be a mix of merit, background or luck. But for some woman from China of all places to be in the Manhattan Project, that is 100% merit. She is at least twice as talented as anybody else on the team.

No doubt about it, Mme Wu is the inventor of the atomic bomb. Her ideas were just being repackaged by her white superiors and sold to the higher ups as a normal white man's product or else they would be very skeptical about her ideas.
I agree with the title: the atomic bomb was invented by a Chinese.

Does anybody really think that Mme Wu was only a part of a group effort? It is dead certain that if Mme Wu was not the MAIN INVENTOR of the atomic bomb, the Americans would never mention her at all. It puts terror into American hears to think that some Chinese person could possibly invent some modern thing.

The fact that she is even mentioned at all by Americans implies that she was the main inventor.
Exactly... logically we can infer that Mme Wu was the main inventor of the atomic bomb. She is so important that even the US, with all their prejudice, cannot hide her. They would have you believe everything is invented by white jews.
LOL. Obviously Americans were the delivery boys. Chinese invented the atomic bomb. But obviously we haven't quite had enough revenge against Japan yet because USA backstabbed us before we could get strong enough to exact our revenge. But China is patient, and soon USA will be too weak to protect Japan.

First, read my post twice, Marie Curie and Lise Meitner were great names but they are not Americans. Wu's contribution was not less than TsungDao Lee and Zhenglin Yang who won Nobel prize for the same research work, which was one of the fundamental advances in physics, if not the most important, in late 20th century. As for Maria Goeppert-Mayer, her work was only a high-level cumulative contributiion to physics.

Again, the ridiculous title of "The most fundamental advance in physics" is just that, ridiculous and crap. It is nothing but biased opinion. I see Goeppert-Mayer's work and theory, for which she won a Nobel prize, to be more fundamental and important to physics. But that is my subjective opinion, and I'm not stupid enough to give it ludicrous titles like you. As I have said before, sane minded people and scientists do not care for nor give such preposterous claims, that is the realm of fanboys such as yourself.

As for Curie and Lise meitner, I know they are not Americans, I did not mention them to be in my post. I only mentioned that their contribution to physics were greater than Wu's.

But I don't care what Wu's or any others contribution to physics was, we are not discussing that here, although we can do it in a separate dedicated thread. My response is just to ridicule insane posters who give silly titles such as "Greatest female physcists" and "Inventor of A-bomb".

second, you need to realize the difference between scientific discovery and engineering projects. there are scientific concepts behind my iPhone, but iPhone is not scientific discovery. the nuclear fission and chain reaction, on which a-bomb is based, were scientific discoveries, and they were found in 1930s by German scientists not Americans.

I know that difference very well Tyvm. I simply do not understand why you felt the need to outline this difference between science and engineering in the first place.

Again, the ridiculous title of "The most fundamental advance in physics" is just that, ridiculous and crap. It is nothing but biased opinion. I see Goeppert-Mayer's work and theory, for which she won a Nobel prize, to be more fundamental and important to physics. But that is my subjective opinion, and I'm not stupid enough to give it ludicrous titles like you. As I have said before, sane minded people and scientists do not care for nor give such preposterous claims, that is the realm of fanboys such as yourself.

As for Curie and Lise meitner, I know they are not Americans, I did not mention them to be in my post. I only mentioned that their contribution to physics were greater than Wu's.
I have already suggested you read twice before spew garbage. i said "Wu was the greatest female physicist in US", why you bring in Mrs Curie and Lise Meitner again and again?

Dr Wu did not get Nobel prize but other persons won it for the same research work, which is directional in the development of physics in late 20th century. Actually the works of nobel laureates including Goeppert-Mayer in late 20th century are complementary and insignificant compared to the forerunners ahead of them.

But I don't care what Wu's or any others contribution to physics was, we are not discussing that here, although we can do it in a separate dedicated thread. My response is just to ridicule insane posters who give silly titles such as "Greatest female physcists" and "Inventor of A-bomb".

I know that difference very well Tyvm. I simply do not understand why you felt the need to outline this difference between science and engineering in the first place.

sure, no one compel you to know or care about Dr.Wu and her research. but refrain from spew words like "crap" and "ludicrous" without necessary knowledge.

OK, Dr.WU invented Atomic bomb. Now please rewrite the history & science books too. its easier to remember Dr WU instead of Openheimer to answer "who is the father of Nuclear bomb".Ohh wait, DrWu might be the "Mother" of Atomic bomb. Now I got the connection. ;)

This thread provided us the opportunity to prove that Indians are very jealous of China and envy the success of the Chinese people.

The Atom bomb was built by Robert Oppenheimer, last time i checked he was an American jew.....not chinese!!!

i knew about her. but her talent was used to full extent in America. also it would be wrong to give all credit to her.
Actually US gathered best minds of Physics and Chemistry ,of that time from all over the world
Some scientists had their own reasons to give their loyalties to them.
Those who hesitated were Black-mailed( as was Eienstein )
this All gave US power to rule, up till now :what:

Back
Top Bottom