What's new

Willing to take back our citizens, if any, illegally staying in India: Bangladesh

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Willing to take back our citizens, if any, illegally staying in India: Bangladesh

PTI | Updated: Dec 16, 2019, 06:45 IST
72693500.jpg
PTI
DHAKA:

Bangladesh
foreign minister A K Abdul Momen on Sunday said his country has requested India to provide a list of any Bangladesh nationals living illegally in the country and it will allow them to return.

Responding to a question on India's National Register of Citizenship (NRC), Momen, who cancelled his visit to India on Thursday citing his busy schedule, said Bangladesh-India relations are normal and "very sweet" and they will not be affected.

He said India has termed the NRC process as its internal matter and assured Dhaka
that it would not affect Bangladesh.

He rejected speculation of "pushback" attempts by India, saying some Indian nationals are illegally entering Bangladesh through middlemen due to economic reasons.

"But if anybody other than our citizens enters Bangladesh, we will send them back," he told media here when asked about reports that some people are illegally entering the country through borders with India.

Momen said Bangladesh has requested New Delhi to provide a list of Bangladeshis living illegally in India, "if any", to be repatriated.

"We will allow them (Bangladesh citizens) as they have the right to enter into their own country," he said.

Asked why he cancelled his India visit, the minister said his busy schedule coinciding with the Martyred Intellectuals Day and Victory Day and also the absence of the state minister for foreign affairs Shahriar Alam and the ministry's secretary in the country made him defer his tour.

Diplomatic sources in New Delhi had said that Momen and home minister Asaduzzaman Khan cancelled their visits to India over the situation arising out of the passage of the controversial Citizenship (Amendment) Bill in Parliament.

Momen cancelled his tour a day after he termed as "untrue" home minister Amit Shah's comments on persecution of religious minorities in Bangladesh.

The external affairs ministry in New Delhi had said that Momen conveyed to India about postponement of his visit due to scheduling issues, and asserted that Shah referred to religious persecution in Bangladesh during the military rule and not under the the current government.

Bangladesh was learnt to have been upset following roll out of the NRC in Assam around four months ago even though India conveyed to it that the issue was an internal matter of the country.

The NRC has been prepared to identify genuine Indian citizens living in Assam since March 24, 1971, or before, and identify illegal Bangladeshi migrants in the state.

Out of 3.3 crore applicants, over 19 lakh people were excluded from the final NRC published on August 30.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had taken up the issue of NRC with Prime Minister Narendra Modi during their bilateral meeting in New York in September.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.time...ts-soil-fm-momen/amp_articleshow/72692482.cms

That would be sensible of Bangladesh gov ,instead of pretending Bangladeshi aren't migrating and staying in India(especially in NE)illegally.

Glad they came to their senses ,otherwise it would have been difficult for their existence.

They will get complete list in 2 years.

Nothing will happen - a bunch of hot air being exchanged back and forth for placating radicals in India. Too much money at stake on both sides - isn't worth the disruption.

Bangladesh is capable of buying Indian politicians at this time - your country is for sale.

No RSS leader in India (in reality) gives a flying rat's a$$ about NRC or CAB or 'termites'. All a $hitshow...

Ab so jao...

Nothing will happen - a bunch of hot air being exchanged back and forth for placating radicals in India. Too much money at stake on both sides - isn't worth the disruption.

Bangladesh is capable of buying Indian politicians at this time - your country is for sale.

No RSS leader in India (in reality) gives a flying rat's a$$ about NRC or CAB or 'termites'. All a $hitshow...

Ab so jao...
You can buy us? With what 62$ billion budget. While Indian politicians work with over a trillion at their disposal. It's more likely other way around, we'll throw as many of you lot back and will silence your leaders with pennis.

Dont overestimate your worth.

Ab so jao...
All drama. as indian economy going down to toilet modi will need more of this. What ppl are saying is indian economic slowdown will be prolonged one. 4.5 percent growth for a third world country like india is very alarming.

I am from Mumbai and let me tell you, the chicken shopkeeper is Bangladesh citizen, many of Auto-rickshaw drivers are illegal Bangladeshi immigrant, almost 70% house maids are illegal Bangladesh immigrants, many of labors working on construction sites are illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants.. and this is not some article reading. I have seen them myself and when confronted with stern voice they accept it.. Just for sake of humanity we don't report.. But then the question is how far we gonna keep this tolerated???

I am from Mumbai and let me tell you, the chicken shopkeeper is Bangladesh citizen, many of Auto-rickshaw drivers are illegal Bangladeshi immigrant, almost 70% house maids are illegal Bangladesh immigrants, many of labors working on construction sites are illegal Bangladeshi Immigrants.. and this is not some article reading. I have seen them myself and when confronted with stern voice they accept it.. Just for sake of humanity we don't report.. But then the question is how far we gonna keep this tolerated???
I keep saying this. But loud mouthed Bongos think I am lying. There are everywhere in south too. We need throw them out.

All drama. as indian economy going down to toilet modi will need more of this. What ppl are saying is indian economic slowdown will be prolonged one. 4.5 percent growth for a third world country like india is very alarming.
Immigrants from your first world nation are cleaning toilets at my home.. Don't bring $hit here.. Talk the sense..

Anyone who has gone through CAB thoroughly will say this is good.
The bottom line is "India wants to give citizenship to Hindu, Sikh, Parasi, Buddhist, Christens, Jains from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan The beneficiaries had to have entered India on or before 31 December 2014, and should have faced "religious persecution or fear of religious persecution" in their countries of origin.

Whats the fuss all about??

Make a list and hand over.

Back
Top Bottom